Silencer0004

Are melee weapons use useful at a certain point in the game?

9 posts in this topic

I'm like 10-15h into the game and the melee weapons are more useless than fighting with melee weapons in Call of Duty. I have a 180 dmg hammer and it does nearly nothing against enemies especially against humans. It seems I would blow their head off with one perfect hit, but the absolutely don't care even after 4 or 5 hits. WTF?!

From when I played it I only used melee weapons, I never liked the guns and thought they were useless. I'm like that in every game though so maybe that's just me. =P

The further you get the better the melee weapons get. The first handful of hours is basically just avoiding enemies and then leveling up on the smaller amounts and doing quests. Guns are really only useful in The Following DLC or when killing a Demolisher since after you shoot their helmet off they die almost instantly with a few shots to the face. Just keep finding blueprints and look everywhere for better weapons and just do as much side shit as you can to level up 

Good to know, I already thought I missed something about the combat. IMHO the guns are extremely powerful. They work more or less like in real life, one headshot and nearly everything is dead. But smashing someones head 20 times with a hammer isn't doing them any harm. Kinda curiously balanced.

Guns are way louder and u will be quickly mobbed. Melee weapons are the best. Add in a fire or electricity mod and you are unstoppable. The melee weapons are abundant and always powerful for me.

I've been using the Korek Machete all the way through the game and i never had a problem, only with several armed persons I used rifles from the distance. :)

The game definetly favors melee weapons, just because of the sheer amount as well as the noise reduction. Could be a myriad of reasons why your hammer won't get the kills, but it can be either you're using a weak weapon strenght-wise, or you're just not hitting the head.

I'm at end-game and my kopesh decapitates most foes in one strike. The guns are still QUICKER, but they have less ammo, as well as summon faster ferals and whatnot so ultimately it's not worth it.

15 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'm like 10-15h into the game and the melee weapons are more useless than fighting with melee weapons in Call of Duty.

..But melee attacks in CoD are instant kills

I've just finished the story and about half of the side quests.

My loadout is a fine balance: 2 VERY strong melee weapons with fire / electricity added on and both are one-handed, bow and arrows for long-distance silent killing and the semi-auto rifle for taking out anything I can't smack to death. Also, it's a good idea to carry a shotgun on the side for those times you've had ENOUGH and don't care! 👹

Absolutely love Dying Light! 😍