Trophy Advisor Suggestion

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm a huge fan of the trophy advisor feature on the site, it's brought me back to play games that I abandoned years ago and even earn a few platinums from games I frankly had forgotten I owned. 

I'm also sadly a fan of buying way more games than I have time to play and my backlog is depressingly huge, what I think would be a cool feature would be to be able to temporarily add a game to your trophy advisor list that isn't attached to your profile. That way you can see where the trophies for that game would fit in your list, and how easy they could be to get. This would be a huge help for games without guides to help judge the difficulty of a platinum. 

Ideally it would be nice to be able to add multiple games temporarily if it helped you decide which game you should play first as well. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Zombie0323 said:

Can you tell me exactly what the Trophy Advisor does?  Does it just make suggestions on what to go for next?

It shows you all of your unearned trophies. You can sort them by various metrics, but the default is rarity.

I like the OP's idea, but I think it could be simplified by just providing users with a "wish list" for games they're interested in. I can't be the only person who is sick of having to bookmark every game I come across that I might want to play someday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This does seem to be an often requested feature, I would like to throw another wrench into it.

I think that one of the primary problems w/ backlog sites is manual user entry of both games you own and games you have completed... but there is another way that I haven't seen anyone attempt yet. 

I use PSDLE https://repod.github.io/psdle/ to help curate and figure out what games I might already have purchased from the playstation store, and they support the ability to export your entire catalog of digital games that you own.

If PSNP was able to accept a CSV upload of games that a player owns you could auto fill your backlog of digital games, and know which ones you have an have not played yet (kinda a pain with stacking trophies on multiple systems sometimes). At the moment I have something like 400 games played across all systems, but I know from the PS4 alone I have 400+ games that I haven't even played that are purchased (yes I'm a sale whore).

Being able to have a single source to look at to see what games I own, yet have not played, with the corresponding rarities (or even a flag if guides are available) would be an awesome feature, and something that I think could even be pay-walled behind premium access. I know I would pay for it.

I talked w/ the maintainer of PSDLE to see if he was interested in doing something like this, but they have no interest. I would build it myself but would be starting from ground zero having to build a whole trophy tracking site as well as incorporating the backlog. (https://github.com/RePod/psdle/issues/48)