Server shutdown 27th August, 2018

Ragowit

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gamesfourever said:

Says on the link its already shutted down. termination date being the 22nd of june, 2018. what trophies are now unavailable?

The date has been changed after the 22nd of June. As far as I know, it's still available. Will test it tomorrow.

@EdinhoN What trophies require an online connection? is it still really doable if i start now? I haven't done this game yet but just some random pool matches before i go to sleep seem like a relaxed experience. I'm just trying to clear out as many PS3 PS+ titles as i want/can so i can sell my PS3 next year when they stop giving us PS+ titles for it.

Just now, gamesfourever said:

@EdinhoN What trophies require an online connection? is it still really doable if i start now? I haven't done this game yet but just some random pool matches before i go to sleep seem like a relaxed experience. I'm just trying to clear out as many PS3 PS+ titles as i want/can so i can sell my PS3 next year when they stop giving us PS+ titles for it.

I would say: every trophy. This game IS NOT a relaxed experience, it is a frustrating cash grab.

You need to buy special chalk to be able to finish the single player portion of it, without it, most single player trophies are virtually impossible.

Fortunately, the chalk is cheap (1 dollar for 99 uses). So, you can finish the game spending only 5 dollars or so.

You need an online connection to buy the chalk, however it is advisable to play offline while using it, as in case you fail a match, you can restore your ps+ backed up save with the same ammount as before. Playing online registrates your use to the server, so quitting the game to save chalks won't work

• Like 1

Just now, EdinhoN said:

I would say: every trophy. This game IS NOT a relaxed experience, it is a frustrating cash grab.

You need to buy special chalk to be able to finish the single player portion of it, without it, most single player trophies are virtually impossible.

Fortunately, the chalk is cheap (1 dollar for 99 uses). So, you can finish the game spending only 5 dollars or so.

You need an online connection to buy the chalk, however it is advisable to play offline while using it, as in case you fail a match, you can restore your ps+ backed up save with the same ammount as before. Playing online registrates your use to the server, so quitting the game to save chalks won't work

Wait? Pay to win micro-transactions in a game from 2010? Was gonna play it because i had it for free anyway, but i don't think ill be playing it if i need to pay money. How doable is it without the chalk? is it even fun?

10 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

When you say you need an online connection to get the chalk, that just means you have to buy it from the PSN store, correct? So I could still get it after the server closure? 

i tried this game years back and it could of been really fun if the ai wasnt nearly impossible to beat. its not your average pool game. you have to be a espn trick shot pro in the game. i always wanted to go back to it but cringe thinking about how brutal it is trying to win one game. if you didnt start, dont.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Wait? Pay to win micro-transactions in a game from 2010? Was gonna play it because i had it for free anyway, but i don't think ill be playing it if i need to pay money. How doable is it without the chalk? is it even fun?

Hardly doable without chalk. AI is perfect, it never misses on the latest matches. You have to beat its perfection, which is only doable with chalk.

Of course, you might be a god in video game pool and beat it without, however I would give it a 11/10 difficulty in this case. Either pay 5 dollars or give up finishing this.

To add more BS over it: my career trophy glitched for me, the trophy counter stopped tracking halfway through it and i'll have to redo it (and pay again...)

9 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

When you say you need an online connection to get the chalk, that just means you have to buy it from the PSN store, correct? So I could still get it after the server closure? 

I don't think so, the chalk doesn't show in the PS Store. You have to buy through the in-game store and after the servers close, I assume it will just vanish from there.

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Hardly doable without chalk. AI is perfect, it never misses on the latest matches. You have to beat its perfection, which is only doable with chalk.

Of course, you might be a god in video game pool and beat it without, however I would give it a 11/10 difficulty in this case. Either pay 5 dollars or give up finishing this.

To add more BS over it: my career trophy glitched for me, the trophy counter stopped tracking halfway through it and i'll have to redo it (and pay again...)

I don't think so, the chalk doesn't show in the PS Store. You have to buy through the in-game store and after the servers close, I assume it will just vanish from there.

i just looked and in the ps store there is a ball and cue pack with chalk  for only $2 (us) is that it?

when i go through the in game, the ps store doesnt load inside it (edit got it to load but theres 4 chalks 99 cents each, and then the dlc chalk)

whats the name of the chalk called since theres multiple kinds im lost as to where the chalk is.

ive also noticed all 4 of the dlc chalks say "must be logged in to use the content" meaning i dont think you can play offline (unless deleting the patch works around that?)

Edited by melodicmizery

wanted to add one more thing, the in game store, doesnt let me buy anything. i click on it and it says accept and it seems to not do anything. is this the same for nayone else? the chalk may be unobtainable, which means this game is still impossible to play against the cheating ai

edit again lol, it seems that u cant buy it in the in game store, but if you go to career and start a match, then during a match hit select and you can go to the store that way. im still weary about the warning message saying you cant use it offline

Edited by melodicmizery

alright well anyways, its the fusion and eagle eye chalk. you get 40 chalks of fusion 99 cents, 99 eagle  eyes for 99 cents

all the old tricks in the guides are outdated mostly

the game doesnt work right if you dont upgrade it. first off you cant play snooker without the update. so you cant cheat your chalk there

you can play career without updating, but if you have snooker installed it will freeze career when you start a match and you have to hard reset the ps3.

as far as the chalk goes, i bought a pack and am testing it out
- first i played without the game updates and used a chalk and finished a match. i restored a backup save and i had the full amount again
-updated the game and used backup save, chalk was there but i had to be online to use it. without the patches you can use them offline

still have to test it out some more to see if chalk can be recovered through backup saves on updated game

i live in america, but i have a american version and german version. if you try to use the game from another country the chalk store wont load.

13 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Yeah, this game is sounding worse by the minute. I usually don't remove games from my backlog, but I think I'll be making an exception for this one.

i havent not been this mad at a game, since the last time i played this game years ago i swear. it is quite addicting but jesus christ

the online trophies are actually pretty easy if youve already loaded the game otherwise id avoid it because of the single player trophies, and you do learn to get a bit better but man this game is ridiculous. whoever have 100% on this game deserves a analysis of their brain for the cure to calmness. the snooker trophies are insane imo. for example you have to clear the entire table by going red ball black ball like 10 times, and then going in a color order. so you have to pray that when you break you land the ball in and then each shot is lined up good enough with the respawning black ball that you have to pocket after every red. some people have told me it took them like 500 tries lol

the average completion is only 6% lol

salute to anyone who 100% this game i bow to you!

oh also another tip i suggest before they shut servers down if anyone is going to play this, play online and earn a little under 200 million. you will need it for entry fees in career mode when you lose constantly so you dont have to keep reloading saves to get money back. you cant go over 200 million because you get a crown and -100million

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

Anyone know if I can boost this with myself with the ps4 and ps3 versions via cross play.   Can't really find a clear cut answer on Google.  

Game is a ghost town online.

Turns out you can't.  Well I couldn't anyway. 

Edited by closertim

On 7/30/2018 at 0:11 AM, closertim said:

Anyone know if I can boost this with myself with the ps4 and ps3 versions via cross play.   Can't really find a clear cut answer on Google.  

Game is a ghost town online.

Turns out you can't.  Well I couldn't anyway. 

a friend told me with a vita you can if you got one of those. he actually played against me with a vita a match.

just saw your friend request ill help u with the viral trophy, it literally takes maybe 2 or 3 minutes

Edited by melodicmizery

4 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

a friend told me with a vita you can if you got one of those. he actually played against me with a vita a match.

just saw your friend request ill help u with the viral trophy, it literally takes maybe 2 or 3 minutes

Hey.  Thanks but I got those ones today.  Just need about 4 more snooker wins online and about 90 ish other wins

1 minute ago, closertim said:

Hey.  Thanks but I got those ones today.  Just need about 4 more snooker wins online and about 90 ish other wins

ah ok cool. the online takes to long for me to do again. if you have 2 ps3s itll prob be the easiest

just in case you didnt know, if your boosting with a partner, as soon as one shot breaks and the next shot is lined up, the person can hit start then quit and the other person will get the win and money and nobody loses money. goes alot faster that way

if your really worried about the snooker wins i could help knock those 4 out but it might be easier just finding someone you can do all 90 with if they have snooker as well

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty easy solo boosting with my main account on Vita and an alt on my PS3. Even though the carreer looks to be too hard for me to complete without the use of the microtransations I still enjoyed getting the online portion done. I am still on the fence about the PS3 version and if want to get the online done for it.

The PS4 one does not look to be affected by this but is such a huge pain in the butt that I am not even considering that one at this point. Congrats to the people who got that 0,05% ultra rare 10 million HKC trophy, but I am not going to suffer through it for anything. It's not boostable, which would be fine by me if most of the very dedicated online players were not on 24/7 and played better than the AI on godlike.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.8.2018 at 8:14 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

It was pretty easy solo boosting with my main account on Vita and an alt on my PS3. Even though the carreer looks to be too hard for me to complete without the use of the microtransations I still enjoyed getting the online portion done. I am still on the fence about the PS3 version and if want to get the online done for it.

The PS4 one does not look to be affected by this but is such a huge pain in the butt that I am not even considering that one at this point. Congrats to the people who got that 0,05% ultra rare 10 million HKC trophy, but I am not going to suffer through it for anything. It's not boostable, which would be fine by me if most of the very dedicated online players were not on 24/7 and played better than the AI on godlike.

There is a way to boost it on PS4.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

There are actually 2 ways. A long way and very long way. What you first need is the purchase of the snooker DLC. Then you need enough HKC on your account and can go on the following.

The long way:

- you need at least 100.000 HKC

- you need at least 3 more boosting partners

- from main menu --> go to league, then all the way down to hardest difficulty 

- choose the snooker tournament, which starts when you are at least 4 players 

- clear with the team who will win the tournament

- the winner takes it all and so can make 300.000 HKC per tournament

or you choose 

The very long way:

you need at least 20.000 HKC

- you need 1 boosting partner

- from main menu --> go to league, then all the way down to hardest difficulty

- choose snooker one-on-one game

- you and your partner start searching

- if you get someone else, quickly press circle to pass him or close the application

- if you meet your partner, clear with him who'll win the round

- first ball must be played completely, so the other player can start his attempt, after that you can quit 

- gives the winner 20.000 HKC per game 

Yes both ways aren't quick but still better than nothing.

There is a bonus for playing, depending on difficulty which makes it easier to have the money to start the boost. Also in exhibition matches you can play with a friend who can share you HKC.

You can add me when in case you wanna boost it, my boosting group still could need some players...  PSN: Solid-Fisch

• Like 1