What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Just out, and it's a remaster, but everyone should try Katamari Damacy Reroll. It sits currently at 261 owners on PSN Profiles. Easy to grasp, lots of fun to play, and the soundtrack is - aside from a track or two - just amazing! The platinum trophy may be a tad grindy, but I'm just enjoying the soundtrack as I'm rolling away, collecting everything in my path. :)

Another one is Wasteland 3, which is a deep RPG with turn-based combat and a lot of customization. This one sits currently at 1125 owners.

Dungeons 3 is yet another strategic game you all need to try. This one sits currently at 2478 owners. Breaks the fourth wall consistently, its writing is funny and lots of fun to play and build your own dungeon. Reminds me of the Overlord games where you got to play the bad guy as well, except this is more or less a dungeon simulator.

Honorable mention to Kona, which just misses the list because it sits at 5055 owners at this point. But I'd suggest you all play that exploration sim too. I wouldn't exactly dub it a walking simulator considering you do actually drive vehicles and wield items, while you try to solve a murder mystery in a snowy little Canadian village. But it's pretty neat! Hoping they'll make a sequel sometime later.

• Like 2

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School is a first person horror game that has you exploring a school at night while solving puzzles and avoiding the janitors. It's not perfect, but it still did a very good job at creating a creepy atmosphere. Also your choices and actions will affect what ending you will get.

Flipping Death is a puzzle, platformer with a cool art style. This is a fun, quirky game that I enjoyed playing through.

Reverie is a rpg that feels like a mashup of the original Zelda and Earthbound that I had a lot of fun with.

ICEY is a great game that far surpassed my expectations. It originally looked just like a standard 2-D action game, but without spoiling I can tell you it is so much more than that.

Punch Line is an very good overlooked visual novel. Don't let the reviews of this game fool you under the goofy exterior of this game lies a much darker story from the mind of Kotaro Uchikoshi, the creator of the Zero Escape Series.

I have more, but these are just some off the top of my head.

Edited by duboiszack

The Messenger, if anyone hasn't already mentioned this game in this thread. Really enjoyed it, good old fashioned 8-bit/16-bit inspired old school gameplay. Definitely not really a walk in the park, especially the DLC, but for those who grew up and loved those old NES/SNES games, The Messenger is basically a cinch.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, MrFudge said:

Kingdom: New Lands 

1*5FjoDIpRt_SKphsYhDd8gQ.gif

I'm happy to report that after 5 months I finally played this and enjoyed my time with it! Figured I'd give this thread a bump and offer a few of my latest suggestions as well.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - 1.7k Owners

FemaleOldKiwi-max-1mb.gif

HOW? HOW IS THIS GAME NOT BIGGER? My 8th favorite PS4 game of All-Time - with what I argue is the best trophy list of any game I have ever played. You can pick it up cheap on sale for $8 if you catch it at the right time. A wonderful album of music that you can breeze through in 2 hours, and won't want to stop playing until you master it. The plat is not excessively absurd but does demand you to understand the game - and for that, I love it.

Afterparty - 1.6k Owners

tumblr_inline_plhlh5DMfb1qfuwdk_500.gifv

You play as two protagonists - Milo and Lola - and it's from the same developers who made Oxenfree with that delightful dialogue system. Not big on gameplay, but if you want a pleasant few evenings enjoying a ride with some alternate choices, give it a whirl!

The Banner Saga 2 - 3.1k Owners

IarvkG.gif

One of my greatest gaming discoveries.... ever? PLAY THE BANNER SAGA SERIES. I haven't touched the 3rd yet since I wanted to make it my special 125th platinum, but my goodness is the series immaculate and the 2nd game is my 6th favorite game of All-Time on the PS4. Incredible fantasy, fun tactical role-playing, and playing hard will have you scrambling to ensure none of your team members accidentally get the axe. Just dive head first and I hope you love it as much as I do(games can easily be picked up for under $5 on good sales)

• Like 3

Our World Is Ended

WorldEnd Syndrome

One Night Stand

1. Our World Is Ended is a super cool visual novel about a group of game designers that end up in a virtual reality, a lot of things happen (action, comedy, mystery) in that VR but also in real life. They find it difficult to get out of VR and it messes with their mental state. What I thought was so mindblowing was how that VR was not our usual VR at all... it has a twist but I can’t say or I would be spoiling. :D

WorldEnd Syndrome is a visual novel about a guy, who is struggling with himself, moving to another town. He goes to his uncle’s house and he meets a girl there who is also going to the exact same school as him. Killings start happening in town and people start acting strange... Its a bit scary... The music and pictures gave me chills sometimes. Its a bit of a horror and mystery game.

One Night stand is also a visual novel about a guy and a woman who had a one night stand. The game is a Ratalaika game which I honestly didn’t notice until the second boot-up, that was really surprising. You, as the guy, are “stuck” in her room and you have to look around to either get to know her better or find your clothes and leave. You pick dialogues with her that affects the outcome. The game is quite humoristic and I was curious about the different outcomes and reactions just like any other VN.

Edited by LoveInHell

3 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

1. Our Life Is Ended is a super cool visual novel about a group of game designers that end up in a virtual reality, a lot of things happen (action, comedy, mystery) in that VR but also in real life. They find it difficult to get out of VR and it messes with their mental state. What I thought was so mindblowing was how that VR was not our usual VR at all... it has a twist but I can’t say or I would be spoiling. :D

Isn’t it Our World Has Ended?

I’ll add Reverie into the mix. I played it on the Vita but I’m 90% sure that it has a PS4 release too. It’s a fun little game about a boy going on holiday in New Zealand. You have some collecting and some dungeons and some fun little mini games ? it’s maybe about an 8-12 hour game so not too long, but I had a lot of fun with it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ll add Reverie into the mix. I played it on the Vita but I’m 90% sure that it has a PS4 release too. It’s a fun little game about a boy going on holiday in New Zealand. You have some collecting and some dungeons and some fun little mini games ? it’s maybe about an 8-12 hour game so not too long, but I had a lot of fun with it ?

Yeah, Reverie is such a charming little game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have two more recommendations since my post in February - with gifs!

CrossCode - 1.6k Owners

ImmediateRemarkableAnt-size_restricted.g

Just such a delightful RPG. It has incredibly straight-forward trophies, all but 1 are earned by simply playing through the main story. It has flown completely under the radar and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for just a good casual game to play in the evenings for an hour or two for some wholesome vibes. There's even difficulty sliders, disclaimer: it's puzzle heavy!

Haven - 349 Owners

Haven_Drift_short.gif

I wrote a very extensive review of this in my trophy cabinet, expressing some frustrations with how it did not live up to the hype I had for it - but it's still a good game, and one I highly reocmmend for those who want to see a romantic relationship be the focal point of the entire game, as opposed to a narrative or combat or puzzles. Check it out when it's on sale!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of my personal recommendation has already been covered - and that's amazing! The one that I can mention is:

Going Under
Genuinely one of the best games I've played in a while. The whole game is a parody of corporate life with beautiful aesthetics. The humour is what got me - while not voiced, the dialogue and characters are actually hilarious and follow some of the best tropes that might even be relatable to many who worked in an office.

Trophy wise, the game features an "Assist mode" that drops the difficulty from 8/10 to 4/10. It's a really fun game - which I'll be honest with you...we don't get those as much as we should. Devs have been very responsive on discord and fixed any bugs (even trophy related ones) fairly quickly.

Free DLC with a couple of additional trophies - and that's it! Devs have confirmed that there will be no more content additions to the game as they are moving on to create the next title.

Mark of the ninja Remastered is sitting at like 1700 owners and the game is amazing.  It's a side scrolling ninja game with stealth elements.  It is of beautiful art and designs that quite honestly will blow most AAA production out of the water.  people that haven't played this gem should pick it up for 19.99 I wouldn't even wait for a sale.  It has a fun trophy list with a difficulty of a 4/10 possibly a 3.   

This game i about to mention is a bit over at 6300 but it went well under the radar for a game that is so funny and so much fun to play through multiple times with a friend.  Journey to the savage planet.  The game makes good use of humor.  It features one of the easiest speed run trophies in gaming.    It's not if you will learn to beat the time  on your 1st play through but by how much.  The character design and creation and world are both beautiful and artistic.  There are 3 main boss fights that are all pretty awesome.  The game is platforming, shooting, exploration, made of beautiful vibrant colors and it's narrated which adds a good element of humor.  It's a game that leaves you wanting more and you will get it as the platinum requires multiple playthroughs.  I wish the game would have done better sales wise.  would love to see a return to the savage planet in the future!

• Like 1

I was surprised to see Sylvio is under 200 owners. It's a EVP/Ghost investigating game where you're trying to unravel the mystery of a town that was destroyed. You get to record EVPs and use audio controls to find the hidden messages in them, some can be downright creepy, honestly. The combat controls aren't the best, and sometimes it's difficult to figure out what you're supposed to be doing, but it's not very long and it's a unique game, especially if you like paranormal horror.

Edited by monochrome

2Dark

By the creator of the original Alone in the Dark. It’s a disturbing and challenging stealth horror game that I think is highly under rated. Around 2K owners when I just looked. Very atmospheric. For an added challenge while playing try to not kill anyone.

If you’re just in it for the trophies be warned that the one for collecting all of the candy in every stage is a little bugged, but can be achieved. Just have to replay the levels until you get it.