What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Far : Lone Sails

I was very surprised when I checked the # of owners (468)... didn't expect to be quite so low because really enjoyed this one. Bought it off the image and description alone and I wasn't disappointed. There's no Platinum though so that might be a factor.

Its a unique side scroller that sees you trying to keep your massive land ship running as you journey across the post apocalyptic desert landscape. You'll be platforming in levels of the ship, keeping the different components of the ship running optimally to either keep it going at a steady pace or to solve the obstacle/puzzles the game throws in your way. It doesn't tell you how you ended up in this situation or where you're going... but that's ok. The journey itself is very satisfying. Really love the art style and the soundtrack as well.

As for the trophies, easy for the most part except for 1 which is a 99 minute speedrun. You need a perfect run with very little room for error. Its tense but very doable.

• Like 1

L478346.png

Reverie is an awesome little 16-bit top down Zelda/Earthbound clone for PS Vita & PS4 that looks like it was ripped straight out of the 90's and it only has around 1.000ish owner or so for every region stack. I hadn't heard of this game till like a month ago when I came across some thread on here and someone mentioned it (can't remember who otherwise I'd give them a shout out and a thank you). Not a very long or difficult game by any means but it's fun as hell to play. It's got it all, a nice sized open world to explore, dungeons, puzzles, collectibles, weapons, and boss fights inspired by New Zealand culture and history (game was made by Kiwis). Strongly recommend this if you're a fan old school retro style games. This game also stacks so if you buy it on PS4 you'll have it on Vita too and vice versa. I've only played it on Vita personally but I fully plan on replaying it and getting the plat for PS4 as well once I get around to it. 

• Like 1

I know it's not the cheapest game out there at the moment, but I can't believe Yakuza: Like a Dragon only has 3183 owners currently.  It's such a fun game!  I'm about 50 hours played right now and I've pretty much only been playing it lately, even though I tend to jump from game to game.  Even at 50 hours, I still have tons of stuff left to do, it's great!  Well worth the purchase price, even at full price!  It's also the first Yakuza game I've played, so you definitely don't have to have played the previous titles!

Lb2a835.png

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 4:49 PM, darkamdusias said:

L0629fc.png

I'd recommend Cosmic Star Heroine - as someone who grew up playing classic J-RPGs, I appreciated all the nods to Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger, and Suikoden scattered throughout the game. Here's hoping they make a sequel someday. 

This is my choice, as well. Typically, I'm not a fan of indie games because I dislike pixel sprites and prefer 3D polygons; on the contrary, this game is a real treasure to play. The gameplay and strategy is addictive, and the world is a pleasure to explore. I hope for a sequel (and hoping it upgrades to polygons).

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 0:50 AM, RustyBacon13 said:

Far : Lone Sails

I was very surprised when I checked the # of owners (468)... didn't expect to be quite so low because really enjoyed this one. Bought it off the image and description alone and I wasn't disappointed. There's no Platinum though so that might be a factor.

Its a unique side scroller that sees you trying to keep your massive land ship running as you journey across the post apocalyptic desert landscape. You'll be platforming in levels of the ship, keeping the different components of the ship running optimally to either keep it going at a steady pace or to solve the obstacle/puzzles the game throws in your way. It doesn't tell you how you ended up in this situation or where you're going... but that's ok. The journey itself is very satisfying. Really love the art style and the soundtrack as well.

As for the trophies, easy for the most part except for 1 which is a 99 minute speedrun. You need a perfect run with very little room for error. Its tense but very doable.

It really is great. Played it on PC in March, and I can't remember the last time I was so engaged with a video game. Everything about it is kind of perfect. I guess my only complaint is that you have to stay so busy, you can miss out on some of the passing landscape. But yeah, highly recommended. ?

My pick would be Blackwood Crossing. Was shocked to see it at less than 3,000 owned in NA, and less than 5,000 owned in EU. Short & lovely game.

• Like 1

Great topic. Haven't gone through the whole thing yet, but I would recommend:

Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (PS4/Vita)

Great retro-styled RPG, initially on the PS3/Vita, this updated version of Book I also has a Platinum and it's barely got 400 game owners from the site.

5 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

It really is great. Played it on PC in March, and I can't remember the last time I was so engaged with a video game. Everything about it is kind of perfect. I guess my only complaint is that you have to stay so busy, you can miss out on some of the passing landscape. But yeah, highly recommended. 1f44d.png

Haha yeah, that is a pain in the ass... in a really good way ?

5 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

My pick would be Blackwood Crossing. Was shocked to see it at less than 3,000 owned in NA, and less than 5,000 owned in EU. Short & lovely game.

That looks super trippy and interesting. Nice! Thanks!

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/46648a/La0ad69.png

I'm suprised the game has only a little more than 3000 owners.
It's a sequel to Yomawari: Night alone (which I haven't played yet because I only recently got a PSVita).
iirc you play as a little girl that lost her dog, and you're trying to find it. But unfortunately, you're in a town full of ghosts, japanese demons and other creepy creatures that want you dead. So you have to run around the city, the close-by forest or the sewers for example, follow clues where your dog might have gone and try to survive. Until you discover something else and the plot slightly changes...

A sweet little horror adventure with a great artstyle, fantastic atmosphere and a cute dog. ?
The game itself is not too hard, it's also not 'heart attack' scary (just a bit creepy, with a few jumpscares) and the platinum is pretty easy to get.
I give the game a 9/10 considering fun, difficulty, artstyle and memorability.
There were a few instances were I struggled with the task at hand, but other than that it was a pleasant experience! Give it a try! ?

• Like 2

Ghostrunner, I am amazed only 1400 or so people have given it a bash. Really fun parkour / cyberpunk slasher.

Also honourable mention (6000 have played) to Journey to the Savage Planet, that game is brilliant. Colourful, full of charm and a relatively straight forward platinum!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

The benefit of playing through a lot of indie games, is that every so often you come across some gems (granted there are plenty of duds).

I'd definitely recommend the following, which I consider to be some of the most underrated and underappreciated games out there:

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of hte best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story

Another one to add to the list is:

• Dead or School (1,066) - Anime Metroidvania. Meh story, fun game though.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MARK OF THE NINJA: REMASTERED (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10456-mark-of-the-ninja-remastered-trophy-guide

Such a fun and highly polished Indie game. It is basically a 2D stealth-puzzle-metroidvania with beautiful hand drawn backgrounds and animations. Only complain is the rather short length of around 5 hours for the first run and less than 10 hours for the straight forward platinum (I am sure some find this to be a big plus actually). 

• Like 2

• Dream Daddy (1,067) - A really funny Dating Sim with an adorable story. One trophy is a bit frustrating but very doable. 
  • House Flipper (3,405) - Just everybody's dream of renovating houses without actually having to do so. Very calm game.
  • Pinstripe (387).            - A short game (first story walkthrough about 2 hours) with a very interesting art style.
  • Twin Mirror (1,243)      - From the developers of "Life is Strange". Story about 4-5 hours. Looks very good and has an interesting story.
  • Like 2

Eufloria HD

Le662df.png

Eufloria is a beautiful and very relaxing little strategy game which reminded me of a flash game called Nano War. You basically have to complete about 50 levels via conquering all enemy planets with your little saplings. The game is or was also available for PS3 as far as I know, but I'm not too sure about that.

Planetbase

L60d3f8.png

If you're into strategy or colony-building games you should Planetbase give a try. You gain control over a small group of space settlers and you'll have to colonize a few different planets in space.  It's a small game that will take around 30 hours to finish. It's not easy so be prepared for a decent challlenge.

• Like 1

Going Under: Internships are heck. It’s a super fun but tough dungeon crawler where everything you see can be picked up as a weapon. It’s all office themed so you can use stuff like pens, computers, staplers and it’s pretty funny. It’s almost always on sale when there’s an indie themed sale going on. 

• 9 months later...

An updated version of my previous list:

I'd definitely recommend the following, which I consider to be some of the most underrated and underappreciated games out there:

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of hte best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story
  • Dead or School (1,066) - Anime Metroidvania. Meh story, fun game though.
  • Detective Gallo (1,005) - Neat point and click game that has a decent length to it
  • Rise of Insanity (332) . Psychological Horror game without combat
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (2,122)- Point-and-click that's pretty funny, if you like dark humor
  • Mark of the Ninja Remastered (2,273) - Metroidvania focused on stealth, has some performance issues
  • Icey (3,908) - Side-scrolling action game. It's an interesting experience
  • Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry (1,800) - Iconic point-and-click that's just a illy good time
  • Darkestville Castle (486) - Just an alround pretty good Point-and-click game
  • Home Sweet Home (1,465) - One of my favourite indie horror game
  • Paper Dolls Original (334) - A good horror game, but the controls are not optimized all that well
  • Empire of Sin (1,454) - Great X-Com-style gangster adaptation. Most of the bugs fixed, but also made the game a little more tedious.
  • Lamentum (159) - Isometric horror game, that's worth playing
  • Like 3

A few I would unequivocally recommend:

L668342.png

The Artful Escape

Le7476d.png

Sayonara Wild Hearts

L5ab6ff.png

The Forgotten City

Lc4e455.png

Stories Untold

L0651bc.png

Dandara

L1532df.png

Gorogoa

L1a5664.png

Superliminal

Le33515.png

Afterparty

L182a85.png

The Pedestrian

L1f6e83.png

Void Bastards

L39db40.png

RAD

Ld0c691.png

Lumines Remastered

• Like 4

Le872f5.png

Mundaun: Ego horror game, set in the swiss alps with pencil drawn graphics.

L7667f7.png

Inked: Puzzle game with an unique art style.

L934bf0.png

Raji: An Ancient Epic: God of War (the old ones) and Prince of Persia esque game, set in indian mythology. Unfortunately it ends on a cliffhanger.

Lc8f187.png

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind: Puzzle/Adventure with time manipulation gameplay.

L6d4a4e.png

Cotton Reboot!: Fun cute èm up.

L075ed0.png

Wife Quest: A more linear Wonder Boy style game with monster girl punishment.

Lc1f54f.png

Greak: Memories of Azur: Metroidvania with beautiful graphics and up to 3 characters to control.

L393e6f.png

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night mixed with the Record of Lodoss War characters.

L92caec.png

Slipstream: Racing game with strong Outrun vibes.

• Like 3