What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Unsighted (531)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14090-unsighted

OwUYqG6.jpg

One of my all-time favorites. I would recommend the game for everyone who loves a great metroidvania or a top-down Zelda game. Unsighted manages to pull off both. Great dungeon design and overworld explorartion. Combat has a pinch of Sekiro(parry is really encouraged) in it which I really like when implemented at reasonable accessability. 

There is also a timer related mechanic, that can turn off some people. But it is quite lenient and can be turned off in settings. 

• Like 1

L14db7e.png

The Entropy Centre

Just finished this one. It has good puzzle mechanics using the manipulation of time, with excellent visuals that give me Portal 2 vibes. Worldbuilding and story is pretty great too. Platinum takes around 8 hours if you follow a collectable guide.

It's available on ps4 & ps5. 500 total recorded players across all game versions is shocking for the quality of the game.

Edited by TheMadMax20

• 3 months later...
On 20.2.2023 at 1:12 PM, Akrioz said:

Unsighted (531)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14090-unsighted

OwUYqG6.jpg

One of my all-time favorites. I would recommend the game for everyone who loves a great metroidvania or a top-down Zelda game. Unsighted manages to pull off both. Great dungeon design and overworld explorartion. Combat has a pinch of Sekiro(parry is really encouraged) in it which I really like when implemented at reasonable accessability. 

There is also a timer related mechanic, that can turn off some people. But it is quite lenient and can be turned off in settings. 

How tough would you rate the plat out of 10? Looking at the trophy list some of the trophies look kinda awful.

Banner Saga 2&3. First game is 18.8k. Makes me sad, they're some of my favourite games on my list. Norse themed fantasy apocalypse story with tactical combat and meaningful decisions that carry through all three games with a satisfying ending

.L29dee9.pngLbc0f7d.png

Mark of the Ninja Remastered is a really great little stealth game.

L21efe2.png

Highly recommend them. Also if I'm allowed to cheat a little Chorus (6365) was a fun space fighter pilot game I played earlier this year.

L003799.png

Going Under (2,475) - You get an internship at a tech company and use office equipment as weapons to make your way through the 'dungeons' of other failed startups. Very cute style, challenging moments, good humor.

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (193) - Perfect for when you're feeling especially anti-capitalist. Run around town as a small turnip avoiding the IRS and helping others along the way.

Out of Space (108) - Clean up your space ship and get the power running as cute little aliens are trying to make a mess of it. The longer you play, the more aliens can spawn and ruin your perfectly clean ship. To keep it interesting, they have a new challenge every week with different constraints/bonuses. Offers single player and couch co-op AND you can have a pet dog.

Islanders (499) - Build small towns in the most efficient way to get the most points. Don't put the loud buildings next to the houses, put a big shopping center next to the mansions, put the farms near each other. Very relaxing game with a minimalist style.

• Like 1

Regarding to the list of voodoo_eyes (a bit above) who mentioned some really nice point-and-click adventures I would add:

- Röki

- Call of the sea

- Randal's Monday

- The wardrobe

- Broken Sword 5 (PS Vita - 2 parts or PS4)

- The Journey Down (3 chapters)

- Tohu

- Nine Witches 

- Re:Turn - One way trip

- The inner World 

- The inner world: The last Wind Monk

- Demetrios

- The dark eye: Chains of Satinav

- The dark eye: Memoria

Also (non point-and-click):

- Creaks

- Another sight

- Lost Words: Beyond the Page

- Flipping death

- Yomawari (all 3 games)

- The invisible hours

- Black the fall

Lad0b4d.png

I can't recommend this game enough, though it can sometimes feel slow placed and is a big of grinding to get the platinum I honestly loved this game. I recently completed this for the Mental Health event that is currently running and plan on revisiting it soon to platinum the PS5 version.

• Like 1

Bug Fables: There is currently 1,962 owners on this site, but it's a game that should have hundreds of thousands or more. I suppose it's a game that appeals more to Switch and PC players, hence why the number is so low on here. Bug Fables is better than any post-Thousand Year Door Paper Mario game. 

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden (PS4): Multiplat RPGs that could use even more players. P3P could especially use more since P3 has never had trophies before on a PlayStation console.

Teacup: Absolutely delightful and like an interactive book. 

• 9 months later...

Time for another update to the list.

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of the best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story
  • Dead or School (1,066) - Anime Metroidvania. Meh story, fun game though.
  • Detective Gallo (1,005) - Neat point and click game that has a decent length to it
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (2,122)- Point-and-click that's pretty funny, if you like dark humor
  • Mark of the Ninja Remastered (2,273) - Metroidvania focused on stealth, has some performance issues
  • Icey (3,908) - Side-scrolling action game. It's an interesting experience
  • Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry (1,800) - Iconic point-and-click that's just a illy good time
  • Darkestville Castle (486) - Just an alround pretty good Point-and-click game
  • Home Sweet Home (1,465) - One of my favourite indie horror game
  • Paper Dolls Original (334) - A good horror game, but the controls are not optimized all that well
  • Empire of Sin (1,454) - Great X-Com-style gangster adaptation. Most of the bugs fixed, but also made the game a little more tedious.
  • Lamentum (159) - Isometric horror game, that's worth playing
  • The Wardrobe Even Better Edition (51) - Another fun point-and-click adventure
  • Murder Mystery Machine (125) - Neat detective game that has a deduction system similar to the older Sherlock games. Takes a bit getting used to though
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Freakpocalypse (150) - Another point-and-click with a bit South Park humor. Has a tad too much back-and-forth though
  • Phantom Breaker Omnia (349) -Pretty good fighting game
  • Mayhem Brawler (159) - The most fun beat em up I've played in a long time
  • Tower of Time (98) - CRPG with arena battles and dungeon crawling.
  • Chickn Police (2,951) - Noir-style detective point-and-click
  • Twelve Minutes (422) - Interesting time loop concept, with a fucked up story. Gets a little bit repetitive though.
  • Vampire the Masquerade Swansong (1,703) - Vampire version of The Council. It is a tad buggy regarding checkpoints.
  • Last Days of Lazarus (75) - A horror adventure game with jump scares and puzzles
  • Bright Memory Infinite (2,269) - Fun and fast-paced FPS.
  • Foregone (1,480) - Metroidvania with loot drops
  • Song of Horror (1,425) - Horror adventure with plenty of creepiness for those who pay attention. Quicktime events will take a little getting used to
  • The Beast Inside (124) - Solid horror game, with a few chase sequences, plenty collectibles and an interesting story
  • Wulverblade (461) - Another really good brawler in a viking/barbarian setting.
  • Trek to Yomi (3520) - a 2.5D Samurai hack & slash game
  • Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (3606) - Open-world Sherlock Holmes game. Enjoyable with the excecption of the fights
  • Afterparty (3661) - Cool little adventure game with great voice-acting and lots of profanity

• Anno Mutationem (1327) - Sci-fi metroidvania that's quite enjoyable
  • Circus Electrique (2000) - It's a simplified Darkest Dungeon with Circus characters
  • Wolcen Lords of Mayhem (996) - Budget Diablo
  • Gamedec (162) - Cyperpunk CRPG that's focused on dialogue/story
  • Icewind Dale (1077) - Classic CRPG, and one of the best
  • Gylt (1054) - Enjoyable little stealth game
  • Quake II (3531) - It's just a classic
  • Omensight (1515) - A fun action-rpg with a time rewind mechanic
  • Chorus (1547) - A solid space sim
  • Trinity Fusion (181) - An enjoyable metroidvania with roguelite elements
  • Sherlock Holmes The Awakened (1515) - Solid overall, with the exception of the other world sections
  • The Last Faith (487) - A fantastic metroidvania
  • Like 3

I thought I had a lot more than I initially thought, but turns out most of them bumped up a few thousand players the past few months, so I don't have as mamy options as before, but I still have a few.

Pac-Man Museum+ - PS4 (2040)

You don't like Pac-Man? What the hell's wrong with you? How dare you have different tastes in video games from me?

It's a really well put together collection of both classic and unique games from Pac-Man's history. They even go out of their way to make it feel like an arcade as much as possible, with a really creative way to set up your in-game collection of arcade machines and statues. It's incredibly simple, but it just hits me in the nostalgia-region, despite not having grown up with many of these games. The Plat asks you to know essentially everything about each title in the collection, perfoming sometimes ridiculous point challenges and expecting you to beat a ludicrously high amount of stages in a very limited set of lives, so just playing these games as fun little time wasters is what I'd recommend. If you do go for the Plat, I will say that it's am incredibly satisfying one to have, even if it's teetering on the brink of losing its UR status sooner rather than later.

New Super Lucky's Tale - PS4 (4962)

It's about to hit 5000 players, so it just barely counts, but it's still one I want to highlight. An incredibly chill platformer that tasks you with finding collectables world-by-world by finding them in levels and completing certain tasks while burrowing into the ground like Bugs Bunny did in some of the older LT cartoons. It's an incredibly easy game both casually and for a trophy hunter, but it has a really satisfying flow in the way that Lucky controls that it's easily become one of my favorite 3D platformers just for how fun it feels. It's nothing groundbreaking, but I think it's worth a shot if you enjoy these types of games.

...that's it, really. I haven't really played anything else with less than 5000 players, outside of some Picross-like games on the Vita and some newer PSone releases that aren't really noteworthy.

• Like 1

Definitely Twin Mirror!

It was made by the same team that created Life is Strange, and gameplay-wise, it's exactly like it. It's just not as emotional as it, because it's not related on friendships and such, but is instead a criminal fiction where the main character investigates on his best friend's death. I really liked it: good characters, good story, it definitely deserves some love.

I have to recommend Super Meat Boy Forever (at least to those who liked the first game) having noticed it meets the criteria of sub-5000 owners.

Some of this is coming from guilt of myself totally dismissing this title initially because of both the way it looked in trailers and the shift to an auto-runner. I was like 'this looks like some illegal knock-off mobile version of SMB', 'SMB from Wish', 'we have SMB at home' etc. you get the idea... but I finally got around to playing it and my word, it has the SMB vibe and essence at its core so much so, it doesn't feel like some disconnected knock-off, it feels totally authentically Meat Boy! Buttery smooth, tricky at times but fair gameplay and levels. Yeah, the levels are generated by seed and are not the same for everyone but they're not what you expect out of randomisation as such. Each level is made up of a set of chunks that can appear for that level. Levels are a longer and act more like a string of levels. Think of the chunks like small levels more akin to the first game acting as sections instead of being an isolated level in of itself. The randomisation is just which of the available chunks for that level appear for you and in which order.

It's honestly a good Meat Boy game, don't write it off like I did, especially if you were a fan of the original because you'll be robbing yourself of a good time.