What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

I've been playing on my PS4 so my player counts have often been lower, but that still didn't explain the last game I completed having only 10 owners: Inescapable: No Rules No Rescue, I've banged on about it for the past week and it's not to everyone's taste, but I do recommend it for people who watch a lot of reality TV because I think the game has a lot to say about it.

Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue on Steam

And I'll give a longer explanation for one more that often get's the unfair label of "EZPZ" because it's a damn good game with a fantastically unpredictable story that dives into some of the crueller topics of ethics and story telling. It's Evan's Remains with 2200 owners, and when y'all play it,you promise you'll actually read the cutscenes and not just skip,  right? Good

Evan's Remains by Matthew M. White — Kickstarter

Okay rapid fire now:

• I was a Teenage Exocolonist (300 owners)
  • Chants of Sennaar (950 owners)
  • Max the Curse of Brotherhood (2400 owners)
  • Thirsty Suiters (150 owners)
  • Harmony Fall of Reverie (100 owners)
  • Gylt (1000 owners)
  • Heavens Vault (300 owners)
  • The whole Beholder Franchise
  • Escape Academy (1600 owners)
  • And of course one of the best game I've played in the last 5 years Road 96 (4,950 owners) and I supose it's prequel Road 96 Mile 0 too with (700 owners)
  • Like 2

For anyone looking for a relatively beginner friendly bullet hell game I recommend Azure Reflections. It’s basically a retelling of Touhou 6 but in a side scrolling format rather than vertical scrolling. If you want an experience a bit closer to the original Touhou 6 then turn on ascetic mode.

Everything (6360) would be my pick. It's not so much a game as an interactive screensaver. You spawn into the world as a random low-poly creature, you zoom around with minimal animation and collect "thoughts" from other beings near you, and change your shape. Occasionally you find an audio log that's a snippet from a philosophy lecture. Nothing like it on Playstation, I think. I never got the platinum for it, since the last trophy required a long grind with no ingame counter and I sort of lost interest, but it's a pretty simple 20-hour affair all in all. 

Balatro (while in my bubble it's pretty hyped i guess the playercount tells that it's Not that well known)

Brotato

Pennys big breakaway

Turnip Boy commits tax evasion (also an easy and fast Plat)

Army of Ruin

Laika Aged through blood

Way too much tbh...but i kinda feel my Profile got like 50% or more full of games nobody heard of

Phineas and Ferb: Day of the Doofenshmirtz (Vita) - It's not a masterpiece by any means, but a really fun experience (especially the Agent P levels), I can recommend the game for any passionate Vita owner

Wonderbook: Book of Potions and Diggs Nightcrawler (a bit more than 5k owners, but I'm including it anyways) - Again, nowhere near masterpieces, but fun little experiences, really cheap and easy to find. Quite simple platinums. I'd really recommend Diigs Nightcrawler for its great atmosphere.

Nefarious - You play the bad guy and at the end of each level you have to beat a different good guy (I was the third person to Platinum this game)

Volgarr the Viking - old school barbarian platformer based off of Rastan, really fun. (I  was the 7th person to Platinum this game)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

IMG-4844.gif

shit is like crack 😂

But it's only $14.99 as a one-time purchase. As bad for my health, but way better for my wallet.

• Haha 1

L92f1dc.png

Front Mission 1st: Even with counting all stacks, only roughly 500 people own this remake of a SNES turn based strategy classic. This version has it`s flaws (character portraits that looks as if someone traced the original art, performance issues) but at it`s core it is a fun mech strategy game with lots of customisation options.

L58780c.png

Olija: A shorter 2D action adventure with a gorgeous artstyle.

L05bb5a.png

Little Orpheus: A 2D narrative Jump `n Run (similar to games like Inside and Little Nightmares) that captures the feeling of old Sci Fi /Adventure movies (only with a soviet twist to them).

L5746d8.png

Signalis: The gameplay of classic survival horror games mixed with a story that could be in an 90s anime like Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze or Neon Genesis Evangelion.

L77a01e.png

Forgive Me Father: A classic fast paced ego shooter with an lovecraftian theme and an artstyle somewhere in between Darkest Dungeon and Hellboy.

La88322.png

Eastern Exorsist: A action RPG with a counter based combat system and an artstyle that reminded me a lot of the games Vanillaware makes.

L8091f7.png

Vernal Edge: A metroidvania with an interesting combat system and graphics, that reminded me of GBA/PSone games.

L4c56c0.png

Ankora: Lost Days: A Action RPG, that focused on environmental puzzles and crafting, but also has (light) combat and farming gameplay.

L4ad472.png

Gal Guardians: Deomon Purge: Spin off to the Gal Gun series with gameplay similar to the classic Castlevania games (or the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon series, which is no wonder, since its from the same developer).

• Like 1