What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

So this is my latest hidden gem: Railway empire. A strategy game that launched early this year, it is published by Kalypso Media, the same company behind the Tropico series. It´s a quite unique game where you control a railway on various parts of the USA and have many challenges and maps to play on, if you guys like strategy games be sure to check this one. The price is a little salty but it´s got a lot of content to keep you playing for a long time, I would keep an eye on any sale or use a discount code, plus it has a nice platinum trophy in the end.

Edited by eduardohrks
  • Like 2

N++

A fun 2D platformer, which gets quite challenging over time (not as bad as SMB, though). Has a stacking second list.

Serial Cleaner

Cleaning up mafia crime-scenes in police presence? Intuitive gameplay/controls? Awesome soundtrack? This is your game.

Jazzpunk

From all the quick and dirty platinums (30 minutes), it was the most enjoyable to me. Weird sense of humor. Has a stacking second list.

• Like 1

There are my opinions to all games I played

Each game is very easy to platinumize. I recommend those to trophy hunters. There some pros and cons I wanna mention. 

Eekeemoo: Splinters of Dark Shard (currently 2,216 owners)

This is a cheap but very glitchy game. It's not enjoyable at all. The controls, "story" and gameplay are aweful as hell.

Suicide Guy (currently 1,287 owners)

Story is meh. Gameplay and graphics are not the best, but it's pretty fast and you can earn your platinum very easy.

Spiral Splatter (currenty 780 owners)

There's no story, it's a pure puzzle game. I really liked this game, because it seems so simple, but some levels are

really hard to beat and the right timing is the key to success. I recommend this game to everyone who wants to earn

an "easy and fast" platinum trophy. 

Squareboy Vs. Bullies: Arena Edition (currently 2,209 owners)

A pretty 2D beat 'em up game. It's pretty simple in the story but I love the main character who you play. And this game

has a good message for everyone "Bullying is not cool!". A cute and short game which has some difficult moments.

Black & White Bushido (currently 3,122 owners)

A cool - mostly multiplayer based - black and white ying yang styled game. It was really interesting to play and the trophies

were easy to achieve. You can play it for yourself! I liked this game a lot.

Midnight Deluxe (currently 3,619 owners)

Many of you heard of the game "36 Fragments of Midnight". This is the sequel to this game and it's easier than the first one.

I enjoyed this short game and I think you will like it, too.

Albedo: Eyes from outer Space (currently 3,934 owners)

+ : easy platinum trophy

- : graphics, controls, story, voice synchronization, laggy and glitchy, senseless situations...

Respectful fact: This game was designed and developed by only one guy. Hats off!

Edited by Buje-Boy
A hint.
  • Like 1

Here's a handful of my favorite 100%s over the last few years

Far From Noise (96) - Text based game, but really well written and worth it on a sale

Birdcakes (114) - Cheap game made by the My name is mayo guys. A little harder, but you get a platinum just for beating the game!

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (159) - Currently playing this and loving it. It is a FMV text adventure, so you'd have to be into that

Emily Wants to Play 1,2 (169) -  I really liked these games but they are a bit difficult

Zombeer (190) - Got this on post Ps3 and Ps4. Controls are a bit stiff but all of the pop culture references make up for it.

Detention (285) - Really good horror puzzle game. It's a bit pricey but I grabbed it on sale

Four Sided Fantasy (346) - Just finished this one. The last two achievements are pretty hard but overall a fun game

Small Radios, Big Televisions (361) - Really quick and easy 100%. Short but not too expensive either.

Frisky Business (447) - Very flawed grammar wise but a generally humorous game and a quick 100%

knock-knock (553) - Really enjoyed this game and the 100% isn't as tough as it seems.

Knee Deep (918) - Great choose your own adventure game like the walking dead, some repetition required but a really quick platinum.

Battle Trivia Knockout (1331) - I had a lot of fun with this game and it isn't that expensive either.

Poltergeist: A Pixellated Horror (1822) - Great puzzle game. Has a time based achievement but it rolls over back to 0 after 99 minutes and I still got the trophy for it.

Wheels of Aurelia (2031) - I really liked this game, but I can see it being tedious for some. Really easy platinum and great soundtrack

Manuel Samuel (2837) - Loved this game! Only deal breaker is that the challenges can be hard.

Citizens of Earth (4775) - Really fun Earthbound inspired RPG.

Stikbold! (5260) - Had a blast with this game! 

I would add Kitty Powers but the PSN friends feature isn't being supported anymore and you can't get the platinum.

• Like 1

Glad The Sexy Brutale has been mentioned so often, terrific game.

Burly Men at Sea: nice little narrative adventure game with great minimalist art & sound and surprisingly sharp writing.

Machanarium: classic point and click adventure with incredible artwork and nice puzzles.

The Bridge: I feel like this game is always on sale for $2-4. Neat puzzle game with quite a bit of content. The art style adds to the surreal atmosphere.

The Fall (part 1): 2-D sci-fi puzzle platformer (emphasis on puzzle). Great premise and writing go a long way towards world building. Ends on a cliffhanger, though part 2 was released recently albeit for something like $20 CAD whereas I picked this up one Halloween for $1.50, look forward to getting around to it one day.

Sam and Max Season 2: this is kinda cheating since the first episode has just over 5k while the subsequent ones are under, but I'll take any chance I can to sing the praises of the S&M series. Hilarious adventure game with a great cast of characters. Not as good as Tales from Monkey Island or S&M season 3, but absolutely worth playing if you're a fan of the genre. Seriously, Telltale needs to get back to making this kind of game again, their narrative adventures have grown a little stale.

and one more I haven't actually played but waiting for a good sale is Thimbleweed Park. Looks like a nice pixel art adventure game from - I believe - Ron GIlbert, and it reminds me of Twin Peaks a bit.

• Like 1

Robonauts.

I played it on Switch and thus isn't on my profile, but I was surprised to see only around 2000 people on here have it. It's a fun little game, and a cheap one at that. Digital only.

You play as this robot astronaut thing (maybe that's where the name comes from?) and it plays kind of like the Commando DLC mode in Resogun if you ever played that. You can jump up and down between planets and kill other things coming to kill your thing, it's colorful and fun and I'm not explaining it very well, but it's a fun little side scrolling shoot 'em up thing. It is well worth a Google for some game play, quite fun, especially for the <$5 price it's often on sale for.

Edit: Yeah, it's normally 23... don't pay 23 for it, 5 or so and you can go nuts, but it ain't worth 23. Also here's a trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSA0l0LuVsE

Also Shaq Fu 2. I loved my time with it. Thing was pretty damn funny, I got a good 4 hours or so out of it on my first run at normal difficulty, and when I have the time I'll probably go it again on hard. No *real* challenge on normal outside of a few bits, but it's quite fun. Pretty easy beat em up with nice graphics and a very amusing (at least to me anyway) story line wherein Shaq is an Asian orphan who kicks people and turns into a cactus and at one point has to beat up a literal flying arsehole who got powers from eating a taco or something. It's just fucking absurd and the gameplay is hella fun and I love it. I love me some wacky dumb bullshit that doesn't take itself super serious, or serious at all.

Downside though, I mean, the enemies can be pretty repetitive and there's no *real* variety, but tbh I never found this a problem, it was more that people have complained about this and I'd be remiss not to mention it.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

White Night - Not a game for everyone but I personally enjoyed it. Has over 5700 owners so it doesn't exactly fall under 5000 but you may enjoy it if you like point and click adventure games. Has a bit of a grim atmosphere being it's mostly black and white.

• Like 3

Three Fourths Home

This is my favorite game of all time and I recommend it to anyone who has ever moved away from home. It's a super short and simple game mechanically, but the dialogue and the story really blew me away when I first played it (admittedly, for the easy 7 trophies.) It's not one of those games you're going to replay a billion times, but rather a game that you play once and after it's over you realize just how good it was.  

Also, Waddle Home has VR penguins. I don't know why only 300 people own this. This should be a staple in everyone's VR collection. (Okay, I just really like penguins :P) 

Shoppe Keep is excellent fun if you like chill management games and literally only 305 people have it on here.

A Hat in Time is amazing, Celeste is amazing, Shadwen is a fun little stealth game, and I'd like it if more people picked up ArmaGallant because it's a multiplayer platinum that has pretty much a small handful of people who have it lol

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Shaq Fu

This game will definitely get more than 5k users. It's less than a month old at this point.

I think some people, like me, are waiting for the DLC to drop before playing it.... I pre-ordered it and was kind of bummed to see that the DLC wasn't ready.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

This game will definitely get more than 5k users. It's less than a month old at this point.

I think some people, like me, are waiting for the DLC to drop before playing it.... I pre-ordered it and was kind of bummed to see that the DLC wasn't ready.

You were bummed that there wasn't extra paid for DLC released with a game at launch?

L090f64.png

嘘つき姫と盲目王子

Unfortunately it's only out in Japanese right now, so it may be difficult for people who can't read Japanese, but it has a very beautiful story and art. It's not a particularly long game, but I really enjoyed every minute of this one! 

Lcf7b0a.png

Tokyo Xanadu eX+

I picked this one up on sale not knowing too much about it, and I was actually pleasantly surprised. It's a really fun RPG overall, and a bit of a break from most RPGS that just use turn-based combat. It does suffer from a few issues that many RPGS do - pacing can be slow at times, some characters a bit generic, etc. but overall it's definitely worth looking into for anyone who is a fan of JRPGS. 

L63e937.png

Nurse Love Addiction

This one's a must for anyone who's a fan of yuri visual novels. I won't say too much without spoiling it, but it certainly has some interesting endings. :P  You get four different girls to choose from, and it's packed with yuri-goodness. 

L8e9ed9.png

Cat Quest

As a few other people have said, Cat Quest is a really nice, adorable game. If you're a cat fan, RPG fan, or just want a quick platinum, it will be great for you. I really enjoyed playing this one, though I do wish it would have been a bit longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You were bummed that there wasn't extra paid for DLC released with a game at launch?

Yes, I'm bummed about it. The physical copies promised free DLC, and the trophy lists are already released for that DLC, so the mistaken assumption I made is that the DLC would be similar to some other DLCs I've encountered where the content was released at the same time as the base game.