What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Déraciné [PS VR] - [614] I love this game. The plat is easy, all but one are unmissable. The one missable is at the very end of the game so easy to keep track of without worry. I loved the characters and story. The game itself is more about the story, with some light puzzles to frame it. You do teleport around, but you're a fairy who exists outside of time. So you can rationalize that limitation in the context of the game itself if you need to. I didn't mind for that reason .But I know some people hate teleporting around in VR, but I think it works. The environments are beautiful, it's one of the most impressive looking VR games I've played [not a lot granted, I haven't started a lot of the ones I have]. I actually got emotional at multiple points. This is why I try out games like N.E.R.O.. which I didn't like. Because they can be like this. Take notes walking sims. It is relatively short, think it took me 7 hours? Maybe less. I didn't play it all at once.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission [PS VR] - [4,448] I'm disappointed there's not already over 5k players... but now I can promote the game. So I guess it's a good thing. :P I love this game, it was one of my favorite games of the year. #2 behind God of War in fact. It's a stellar 3D platformer in VR, and really showcases the potential of VR in platformers. It's so engaging, the visuals are my favorite I've seen in VR. The art combined with the graphics make for a beautiful game. The controls are extremely tight, the level design is all around you and really utilizes the 3D space. I would love an Ape Escape VR built like this, or Crash Bandicoot VR doing the same. It think it would work wonderfully like this. Astrobot works similarly to Crash in how the camera [you] move through the levels behind Astro Bot. The collectables are easy to find without a guide, there are no missables. It's a fun plat to earn, and a fantastic game.

Gryphon Knight Epic - [1,235] A fun shmup. The plat requires a bit of effort and may be a challenge for some, but I think if I can do it then almost anyone can. I'm generally pretty awful at these games, despite liking them. There's a speedrun, one for not buying any upgrades or items, and other things. Requires quite a few playthroughs but it's a fun game. And it's been just a few bucks on sale a few times. So check it out.

Unholy Heights - [495] You manage a complex and rent out your rooms to a bunch of monsters/creatures, and heroes attack and you use your tenants to fight them off. it's pretty easy when you start to get the hang of how to approach it. But it can take awhile. I was near the end of it when I felt in the groove. But it's a relatively fast and easy plat. And a neat game.

I'm going to shill some licensed games I like.

Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard - [505] It's on PS Now for anyone that uses that. It's a Pikmin like game, not without it's flaws [it is a licensed game after all] but it was pretty fun and scratched that itch. Easy plat, no missables [even a load screen assures you of this and that you can play at your own pace

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - [822] Also on PS Now. It's an RPG with boat navigation to different islands like Wind Waker. It's a pretty solid game, also not without it's flaws, but I really enjoyed it. It can drag on a bit if you have to backtrack a lot, like to deliver the penguins or candy kids back [you can only hold 6 at a time on your boat] just to collect more. Totally recommend it. The plat is also easy, and no missables that I can think of. Though there might be one, there's a trophy for beating an enemy that outlevels you. Which might be missable, but I don't know. I got it over with pretty early on.

Ben 10 - [871] Another on PS Now. It's a fun game, the plat requires the most effort of the three. But it's still easy, just use Heat Blast. Or whatever his name is. Fully upgraded he's OP.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Mages of Mystralia [388]- This game is awesome. So much so I had to search up this thread to post about it. ;p It's a top down game where you craft spells. The crafting system is surprisingly in depth. There's no missable trophies so you can focus on playing without worry, and get stuff later on. There's a bit of backtracking required for things after you gain access to new spells. And there are multiple solutions to various puzzles. The puzzles are quite awesome. The combat is pretty simple. Spam your spells. I really liked throwing down AoE spells that moved foward and persisted for a few seconds. Which wasn't fast enough for the only hard trophy in the game, the timed trophy for the final area. Beating it in under 10 minutes wasn't very hard with recommended setups I found on Steam. It was OP. But it was fun, kind of wish I knew about that spell prior. But my own spells were... fine. 

Fun game. Neat story, I hope they make a sequel.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 9:08 AM, realm722 said:

Preferably that you've played. You can check how many owners a game has by clicking the game and checking the number farthest to the left of your screen. 

If you count 1 region as under 5k Deadcells is one of my favorite games of all time,  the controls are so tight and theres a ton of replayability and the devs are still updating the game with more biomes and bosses.

CollarXMalice [2105]: While it is an otome game, which I know a lot of people don't like, I think it's the kind of game that's interesting enough that people could look past it.  The story focuses on you as a police officer trying to figure out the mystery behind some serial murders in Japan.  I really liked all of the mysteries and finding out more and more through everyone's route.  Some of it's a little overdone villain stuff but otherwise, I really enjoyed it.  The art is fantastic, and it's much darker than a lot of otome games.  Personally, I really liked the story but a lot of people will just ignore it because they see that it's a "romance" game even if that really isn't what the plot centers around.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have another recommendation - Guacamelee! 2 (4,894 Owners)

I had heard some good things about it on here and got it while it was on sale, but holy crap do you want to talk about a charming as all hell Metroid Vania with wonderful Mexican flair being the theme upon which it is built. It has some great meta humor for those who enjoy that, and the combat/platforming is just plain fun. It really does deserve a lot more fun and while the game can kick your ass at times, it is easily an achievable platinum standing in at 33.55% completion. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I have another recommendation - Guacamelee! 2 (4,894 Owners)

I had heard some good things about it on here and got it while it was on sale, but holy crap do you want to talk about a charming as all hell Metroid Vania with wonderful Mexican flair being the theme upon which it is built. It has some great meta humor for those who enjoy that, and the combat/platforming is just plain fun. It really does deserve a lot more fun and while the game can kick your ass at times, it is easily an achievable platinum standing in at 33.55% completion. 

This is on my shortlist of games to get to this year. If they had released it on Vita I would have bought it day one.

• 7 months later...

It is criminal that "The Messenger" only has 799 owners on PS4.

This is one of my favorite games I've played in 2019. It is a sublime platformer that has witty and fun dialogue and is essentially an enhanced Ninja Gaiden. It was also just on sale. The platinum rarity isn't too tough at all at 30%+ and it should easily take you well under 20 hours (I did it in 15 + DLC). Please play it everybody!

• Like 1

S6763b0.png

Hyper Light Drifter - 4'045 owners (EU version)

Hyper Light Drifter is a beautiful 2D action RPG in with pixel art graphics and no written text whatsoever. The difficulty is on point and forces you to master the game, which you will need for beating NG+ (where you only have 2 HP and can hence die in one hit) and beating the game without dying. The combat is fast and fluid, and movement includes a satisfying dashing mechanic that can be chained if timed right.

S2a2132.png

Death's Gambit - 4'693 owners

Recently finished this one, and it is a really fun souls-inspired 2D-action platformer with great combat and a challenging platinum. If you like games like Salt and Sanctuary, you might find something for you here. 

• Like 3

Loads of indie games on sale at the moment, some look great, some not so much, but worth investigating the xmas sale for sure,  Some as cheap as a few dollars.  Some easy plat's and some without.  A real nice mix.  And nearly all of them with next to no owners, which for some, is a travesty!

One game i can recommend is Candle - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7779-candle/ 

Really beautiful art, some tough puzzles and a nice story.  

34 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

S6763b0.png

Hyper Light Drifter - 4'045 owners (EU version)

Hyper Light Drifter is a beautiful 2D action RPG in with pixel art graphics and no written text whatsoever. The difficulty is on point and forces you to master the game, which you will need for beating NG+ (where you only have 2 HP and can hence die in one hit) and beating the game without dying. The combat is fast and fluid, and movement includes a satisfying dashing mechanic that can be chained if timed right.

S2a2132.png

Death's Gambit - 4'693 owners

Recently finished this one, and it is a really fun souls-inspired 2D-action platformer with great combat and a challenging platinum. If you like games like Salt and Sanctuary, you might find something for you here. 

Nice, i've added Death's Gambit to my wishlist, i really liked Salt and Sanctuary, but never played a souls game...

• Like 1

The End is Nigh! ( only <300 Game Owners atm )

From the creators of Super Meat Boy. This game has such an awesome gameplay. It is another 2 d platformer challenge with tons of cool ideas and insane levels. I definitely can recommend this game to all retro and jump n run junkies. 

spacer.png

Action Henk - Easily my favourite platformer on the PS4. I have played this game on and off for the past three years since it is that enjoyable. Not an easy list, but far from being impossible.

Comsophony - A very fast paced rhythm game with only 1000+ owners. Most of the trophies are pretty straightforward, but level 5 takes it to a whole new level. I’d put the difficulty at a solid 7/10 overall.

Dustforce - This is another platformer, one that you will either really love or really hate. The first time I played this I absolutely hated it. I thought that the controls were absolutely terrible, but it turns out that I was wrong. The platforming is just incredibly tight and really punishing. It’s also the hardest platformer to 100% on PSN (unless you abuse the finesse glitch), so it is well worth playing if you are after a challenge.

Leo’s Fortune - I played this pretty recently and it is incredible to see how much effort the developers poured into this game. You just have to take a look at the trailer to see what lengths they went to in order to make the game as unique as possible. The 100% is actually quite challenging as you have to beat the whole game without dying, but it is still worth playing casually.

Super Rude Bear Resurrection - This game only has 152 players and that is a real shame. All I can say is, if you like Super Meat Boy, you will certainly like this game. You can also cheese the hardest trophy in the game which takes the difficulty from being a 10/10 to an 8/10.

• Like 1

1. DEABOLT (1,127 players) - Good game, but requires you to have extensive understanding of the aiming controls. If you are into truly hard games, this is a must recommend. Difficulty: 10/10

2. VA-11 Hall-A (PS4) (862 players) - Hands down for being the best VN ever played, with a cyberpunk twist. Difficulty 2/10.

Edited by BadRep24