Anyone stil playing?

Is anyone still playing this game? I still was, to fill in some spare 5 minutes here and there and to unlock multiplayer chars for the kids.

However, since a week or so, the game won’t start properly anymore. I get the splash screens but then on the title screen, I am not getting the options to start playing. I occasionally already had this in the past but then restarting the game fixed it.

I have already reinstalled the game but to no avail.

On the PS4 there are no issues.

The PS3 and PS4 servers are the same AFAIK. The free daily gift stopped working on the PS4 a while ago as well.

However it is definitely network related as I found a workaround: unplug the network cable before starting the game. You then get a warning that you’re offline and the game works fine. I suspect that with a working Internet connection, the game just hangs when trying to connect to the (no longer existing) servers.

• 1 month later...
On 30/06/2018 at 6:58 PM, ViperHD said:

The PS3 and PS4 servers are the same AFAIK. The free daily gift stopped working on the PS4 a while ago as well.

However it is definitely network related as I found a workaround: unplug the network cable before starting the game. You then get a warning that you’re offline and the game works fine. I suspect that with a working Internet connection, the game just hangs when trying to connect to the (no longer existing) servers.

My connection is not bad and the game does not hesitate to inform me that there's a failure to the server connection... I don't think it even tries to connect. I play on PS3. Does your workaround function on both the PS3 and PS4 version?