Rick_Sanchez

Ikaruga trophy thoughts?

65 posts in this topic

Looks like we have a hard one on our hands.

 

Gotta complete all levels with S++ rank and complete the game co-op without using a continue will be the hardest trophies.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking like a good list until I saw the co-op trophies at the end. If it’s only couch co-op then maybe killing off a second controller will work at the cost of half a screen. Not sure though, it looks interesting. I want to get into shmups more. Might be one for @DPatriot :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta beat it with no continues in co-op :awesome: 

 

surprise there wasn't a dot eater trophy for beating the entire game without firing a shot. Just a certain level.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

gotta beat it with no continues in co-op :awesome: 

 

Indeed, just don’t know if a continue is an automatic thing when the player dies. Otherwise player 2 can just stay dead and you can solo it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark said:

 

Indeed, just don’t know if a continue is an automatic thing when the player dies. Otherwise player 2 can just stay dead and you can solo it.

continues aren't automatic iirc but if player 2 loses all lives it may no longer be considered co-op. Then if player 2 needs to be alive at the final boss you'd need to use a continue to bring it back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

continues aren't automatic iirc but if player 2 loses all lives it may no longer be considered co-op. Then if player 2 needs to be alive at the final boss you'd need to use a continue to bring it back.

 

Sounds like it’s probably worth just doing it legitimately co-op then.

 

Good luck with Stage 4 my dudes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh yes, the killsat :awesome: that is such a pain in the ass stage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dark said:

Was looking like a good list until I saw the co-op trophies at the end. If it’s only couch co-op then maybe killing off a second controller will work at the cost of half a screen. Not sure though, it looks interesting. I want to get into shmups more. Might be one for @DPatriot :P 

I never played Ikaruga so this will be interesting. And not looking forward to the co-op one. Guess the good thing is it can be done on any difficulty. Regardless its day 1!

Edited by DPatriot
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played Ikaruga before. Trust me. This is gonna be one of the hardest plats on PlayStation. Harder than Dariusburst and SMB. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I have played Ikaruga before. Trust me. This is gonna be one of the hardest plats on PlayStation. Harder than Dariusburst and SMB. 

If so. Then we are lucky we don't have to 1cc on Hard :😂 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

If so. Then we are lucky we don't have to 1cc on Hard :1f602.png 

yeah that would be a bit much. This game is going to be the Super Meat Boy of Shoot em ups.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play Ikaruga on my Gamecube quite often, it's one of my favourite games on the platform.. Trust me, this is going to be really hard xD 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KaKrackle oh man we gonna have fun with this. Day 1 and ill be practicing this daily along with Sine Mora.

1st plat owners ;) ?

Edited by lilpain97
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it was too much to ask for a challenging single player SHMUP trophy list.

 

If the co-op trophies can't be done idling a second controller or I've got to mess around in boosting sessions then I guess this is one I can scratch off my list.

 

Looking forward to your opinions and trophy guide @DPatriot 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

@KaKrackle oh man we gonna have fun with this. Day 1 and ill be practicing this daily along with Sine Mora.

1st plat owners ;) ?

No doubt about it man. Hahaha. 

31 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

@KaKrackle oh man we gonna have fun with this. Day 1 and ill be practicing this daily along with Sine Mora.

1st plat owners ;) ?

No doubt about it man. Hahaha. I was hoping to finish Trackmania this week, but that’s clearly not gonna be happening for a while longer yet. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ikaruga was extremely hard on the Gamecube. If it's equal it's going to be a toughie. At least it's a pure SHMUP.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does "any mode" refers to difficulty setting or to Singleplayer or COOP (-mode)?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it refers to difficulty, but then I only ever played it single player. So it could be possible to co op them. S++ trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I guess it was too much to ask for a challenging single player SHMUP trophy list.

 

If the co-op trophies can't be done idling a second controller or I've got to mess around in boosting sessions then I guess this is one I can scratch off my list.

 

Looking forward to your opinions and trophy guide @DPatriot 1f609.png

Dunno If it support online co-op but a slight lag would make it unplayable 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

Dunno If it support online co-op but a slight lag would make it unplayable 

Even if it doesn't support online co-op you should still be able to co-op it in PS+ share play

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Even if it doesn't support online co-op you should still be able to co-op it in PS+ share play

I tried share play with Jamestown. And its not recommended!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still an option if both connections are good enough. Hopefully it has online co-op built in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess. Well we just have to wait and see :) soon on friday! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't played this game, but am delighted it's made its way to the ps4. I'm also happy to see it has a platinum!

Edited by RabidAbel33
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope many will get the game. Need to support for more shmups :) and 10$ is a good price. Even if its a old port. 

 

Btw : Those that played it before. What are the requirments for S++? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.