Ikaruga trophy thoughts?

Rick_Sanchez

2 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

I hope many will get the game. Need to support for more shmups :) and 10$ is a good price. Even if its a old port. 

Btw : Those that played it before. What are the requirments for S++? 

IIRC you gotta get a high chain combo which is achieved by shooting 3 of the same ship color in a row multiple times. So shoot 3 black ships? +1 chain then 3 white ships will get you another chain combo. Shoot 2 ships of one color then shoot 1 of the other and you don't get a chain combo and I think it may reset? My memory is fuzzy if it resets if you break the chain.

Also fun fact, you can beat the entire game without firing a single shot.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

3 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

I have played Ikaruga before. Trust me. This is gonna be one of the hardest plats on PlayStation. Harder than Dariusburst and SMB. 

Yeah, not even gonna try going for the plat? I don´t think i can do anything harder then Sine Mora....

3 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

IIRC you gotta get a high chain combo which is achieved by shooting 3 of the same ship color in a row.

Also fun fact, you can beat the entire game without firing a single shot.

Yes I wondered that when I saw the "Dot Eater !" trophy.

29 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

Dunno If it support online co-op but a slight lag would make it unplayable 

Exactly. A split second of lag in a tight situation and it's game over. I'm guessing the trophies will be local co-op and I don't think my 5 year old daughter would be up for the challenge.

Not to worry if the platinum is not possible solo, I still have Caladrius Blaze, Dariusburst and Raiden IV in my backlog.

Pretty sure local co-op. I could be wrong though, either way this will probably be stupidly brutal even on easy. Shareplay is a no.. I have 250MB Download and like 10 upload and it still has delay.

Pretty sure the 360 list is 9/10 and only requires A Ranks and a solo 1cc run. Ill check and edit mistakes in a sec.

Ok I was right, 360 list is at a 9/10 and requires A Ranks and a sol 1cc run. S++ will bump that to a 10 easily and its local co-op only... Good luck finding a friend just as good as you and willing to put the time in.  On true achievements around 17,000 people own it and 225 have 100%... Gl to all who attempt 

Edited by lilpain97

I completed this back in my 360 days, so I would hope that I'll be able to get all the trophies up to an S rank at least with a lot of practice. I only ever did the first, second and 5th mission with anything past the S, but that was to an S+. Getting S++ on all levels will be extremely hard in my opinion, especially the 4th. Will certainly get the game again though. It is awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Yeah, not even gonna try going for the plat1f602.png I don´t think i can do anything harder then Sine Mora....

Why not? I said I wouldn't do anything harder than Surgeon Sim back when I first started. I always sit and think I can't do this... Its impossible? But I always seem to sit and try and before you know it I have plat it. Literally ask @KaKrackle I said on Stream ill probably never do Trials but 38hrs later I did it. It might take someone a few days and it might take you weeks or months but I can guarantee with time you could knock out 91% of this list ( co-op will be problematic ) If I can do this you sure as hell can.

4 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I'm going to get this game sometime after I get Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z completed. I wonder if anyone will be able to plat it by then.

Day 1 purchase for me. Fuck everything else. Ikaruga is all what matters lol. I have been itching to play it again ?

• Like 3

Had an idea, 2 ships one controller. Control player 1 ship with left analogue stick and L1 is fire L2 is switch color L3 is fire super lasers and player 2 ship is right analogue stick with R1 fire and R2 switch color and R3 is fire super lasers. You could literally co-op solo.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

Just now, ShadyMan8903 said:

Most people wont be able to 1cc easy. This game makes stuff like Caladrius Blaze and Jamestown+ a joke.

On the gamecube, I managed to get as far as level 5 on 1 credit, lost my last life to the final boss but it was the closest I came to clearing it in one credit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Why not? I said I wouldn't do anything harder than Surgeon Sim back when I first started. I always sit and think I can't do this... Its impossible? But I always seem to sit and try and before you know it I have plat it. Literally ask @KaKrackle I said on Stream ill probably never do Trials but 38hrs later I did it. It might take someone a few days and it might take you weeks or months but I can guarantee with time you could knock out 91% of this list ( co-op will be problematic ) If I can do this you sure as hell can.

I appreciate your faith in me, but if its really as hard as you are saying i dont think i have the skill to pull it off. But i will absolutely try it since everyone is so hyped here for this game:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

I appreciate your faith in me, but if its really as hard as you are saying i dont think i have the skill to pull it off. But i will absolutely try it since everyone is so hyped here for this game:D

Good luck man, I think you got this :D 

On 27/06/2018 at 3:39 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Had an idea, 2 ships one controller. Control player 1 ship with left analogue stick and L1 is fire L2 is switch color L3 is fire super lasers and player 2 ship is right analogue stick with R1 fire and R2 switch color and R3 is fire super lasers. You could literally co-op solo.

Actually that's what they did, there is a dual mode thing where you can control both ship with one controller.

That's.... unsettling to say the least. Good idea but you can pull this off only if you brain has been Ikaruga-formatted I guess xD

Anyway it's great to see this game back on PS4.
Good luck to people going for Platinum, seems some players were able to get every trophies except the 1CC coop (according to PSN stats)

• Like 1

Just now, Okoteiru said:

Actually that's what they did, there is a dual mode thing where you can control both ship with one controller.

That's.... unsettling to say the least. Good idea but you can pull this off only if you brain has been Ikaruga-formatted I guess xD

Anyway it's great to see this game back on PS4.
Good luck to people going for Platinum, seems some players were able to get every trophies except the 1CC coop (according to PSN stats)

Oh sweet, time to practice I guess lol

3 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

@Floriiss hmmmmmmm, you actually did this lmao.

It would be cool to pull off the whole campaign by doing that, but since later on the levels get so small its really hard to navigate through. Also you have to change colors as well, which I barely even did in the first chapter. So having to make extra inputs at certain times with 2 controllers can be quite difficult.

• Like 1