What are the chances of this game getting a physical release?

PE_Avopei

-1. A 10 dollar game isn't profitable to sell physical. SHMUPS are niche games, Ikaruga was a sales disappointment on the Gamecube, it will probably fare better on the PS4 digitally. At least I hope so. Most SHMUPS have been digital only in the last few years.

I would prefer physical and would buy it too.

At least the Gamecube version is worth a lot of money, due to the rarity of the release (at least the european version).

51 minutes ago, ShadyMan8903 said:

Almost 0. A lot of the shorter bullet hell games are digi releases, and if I remember Ikaruga's physical releases werent spectacular when it came around the first time.

There is definitely a chance. I can almost garuantee that either LRG and Eastasiasoft are looking at it. They have released alot less popular shmups than Ikaruga. And Ikaruga is a well known shmup. It would sell out instantly! 

Edited by DPatriot

On 27.6.2018 at 5:24 PM, ShadyMan8903 said:

Your optimism borderlines foolishness, but we will see as we get closer to the release date.

I don't think so. Psyvariar Delta is getting a physical release and Ikaruga is a way better and well-known Shmup.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ShadyMan8903 said:

Yes that was literally 2 weeks shy of a year ago. Evidently they have changed plans in a year. Sorry my grandmother Cassandra didnt pass the powers of premonition to me -_-.

The game was never planned to get a physical release. Other Publisher picked it up instead to help funding. Like LRG, Eastasiasoft does. These things take time you know.