Problem with All Endings Trophy

SuperSaiyan3985

Alright so so far I’ve done two full playthroughs. I did one playthrough where I saved everyone, then chose life, and viewed all the character endings. I did another playthrough where I killed everyone, chose Beyond, and then chose life, and viewed the character endings there. Lastly I let Jodie die during Black Sun, so that’s another ending. However, I didn’t choose Beyond during my “saved everyone” playthrough. I figured it would be the same during my “kill everyone” attempt so I ignored it and I now I realize I made a mistake. Would it be possible to keep a couple characters alive (Cole & Ryan) and then choose Beyond and have that count? If not, I LUCKILY backed up my save of the “saved everyone” playthrough but I’m afraid if I redownload and replace my current save file (the playthrough where everyone dies) then the trophy won’t pop since those endings were erased. Could someone please clarify? 

I've heard a lot of people say Beyond: Two Souls is a bit of a chore to platinum, moreso than Heavy Rain which I found rather annoying because Perfect Crime didn't unlock for me on the first playthrough.

I don't know why they make you use two controllers for a trophy when the game, pretty much all of David Cage's work revolves around interactive dramas.

I have this game, just hope it won't be all that bad when I get around to it.

As long as you upload your "save game" and not the "options" save, you are fine. I did it myself one or two weeks ago, so you should be fine. On the last Chapter conclusion screen, where it shows all your endings, all 3 of "choose to live with xxx" were still unknown, but the trophy popped.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Alright so so far I’ve done two full playthroughs. I did one playthrough where I saved everyone, then chose life, and viewed all the character endings. I did another playthrough where I killed everyone, chose Beyond, and then chose life, and viewed the character endings there. Lastly I let Jodie die during Black Sun, so that’s another ending. However, I didn’t choose Beyond during my “saved everyone” playthrough. I figured it would be the same during my “kill everyone” attempt so I ignored it and I now I realize I made a mistake. Would it be possible to keep a couple characters alive (Cole & Ryan) and then choose Beyond and have that count? If not, I LUCKILY backed up my save of the “saved everyone” playthrough but I’m afraid if I redownload and replace my current save file (the playthrough where everyone dies) then the trophy won’t pop since those endings were erased. Could someone please clarify? 

I think you can redownload and overwrite the Game Save on your PS4, as long as you do NOT overwrite the Options ( as your viewed endings are stored in it).

20180604_063316.jpg

5 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I think you can redownload and overwrite the Game Save on your PS4, as long as you do NOT overwrite the Options ( as your viewed endings are stored in it).

20180604_063316.jpg

Yes! That’s what I was thinking but just needed confirmation. Thank you so much.

9 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

I think you missed choosing beyond in a saved everyone ending.

You don’t say.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I've heard a lot of people say Beyond: Two Souls is a bit of a chore to platinum, moreso than Heavy Rain which I found rather annoying because Perfect Crime didn't unlock for me on the first playthrough.

I don't know why they make you use two controllers for a trophy when the game, pretty much all of David Cage's work revolves around interactive dramas.

It’s not bad at all. I played the game once with the original order of chapters and the other remixed (everything in chronological order). I got to experience the game in two different fashions and explore many different choices, which put a lot of value in replaying it. The collectibles are really simple and inplentiful, and most of the miscellaneous trophies you’ll get naturally. The one annoying thing is having to boot up the final mission over and over to see all the endings. You have to sit through the credits each time which is a hassle. Although I must say, the PS4 guide says “20 hours” but it’s definitely more than that LOL.

16 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yes! That’s what I was thinking but just needed confirmation. Thank you so much.

You don’t say.

It’s not bad at all. I played the game once with the original order of chapters and the other remixed (everything in chronological order). I got to experience the game in two different fashions and explore many different choices, which put a lot of value in replaying it. The collectibles are really simple and inplentiful, and most of the miscellaneous trophies you’ll get naturally. The one annoying thing is having to boot up the final mission over and over to see all the endings. You have to sit through the credits each time which is a hassle. Although I must say, the PS4 guide says “20 hours” but it’s definitely more than that LOL.

Seeing all the endings is the same with Heavy Rain. You have to pick different choices for each of the four characters you play.

I think it's interesting because that encourages branching paths, which a lot of games don't have which at this point in time is ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 2:22 AM, Spaz said:

Seeing all the endings is the same with Heavy Rain. You have to pick different choices for each of the four characters you play.

I think it's interesting because that encourages branching paths, which a lot of games don't have which at this point in time is ridiculous.

After playing both for the first time this week and getting both platinums I definitely found beyond two souls far more tedious

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

After playing both for the first time this week and getting both platinums I definitely found beyond two souls far more tedious

Beyond Two Souls is a game I haven't gotten around to yet.

What makes it more tedious?

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Beyond Two Souls is a game I haven't gotten around to yet.

What makes it more tedious?

It's just a bit longer to do multiple playthroughs and wasn't exciting overall to me at least. Also duo mode is a bit of a pain but not a big deal overall.

Edited by Angus1343

On 6/27/2018 at 4:35 AM, Spaz said:

I am currently working on this and its great. you will love it. Yeah the 2 controller thing sucks but. it is what it is

• Like 1