"David, Meet Goliath" Trophy Guide + Flawless Secret Challenge (The Tortured Path DLC 3)

Azedrun

5 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

Would you recommend maxing your bureau ranking for the bonus damage modifier before attempting this? @Azedrun

Maxing your bureau ranking for the bonus damage isn't necessary to beat the boss but of course it would be a little bit easier with more damages.

Here's a video of me doing it the way I did:

Sorry for the game volume being extremely low. I was listening to music so I turned it down.

EDIT: I just realized it was pointless to put the "(Solo)" part in the title as the only way to get the trophy is to do it solo. Oh well lol.

Edited by Shinobi

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I think that the extra damage bonus doesnt work in custom match anyway, because I cant oneshot a wave 2 zombie with a melee attack (wich I can in public match).

And in my opinion, the easiest way to do this "David Meet Goliath" trophy is to retrieve the blade of Barbarossa (what you need to do for "I Have the Power"). The Blade is really helpfull, and if you craft it wave 5, you dont have to be lucky on the objective wave 6, because the blade will make it easier anyway (because if you get the sacrificial stones objective on wave 6 without the blade and without upgraded weapons it can be really difficult). 

And if you dont buy any Blitz, you can get the "Extra Tortured Path" trophy too because the easter egg's blitz dont count (you'll also have to do the first two chapter without buying blitz of course).

I recommand to play with Shellshock (sustain zone / exploit weakness) for the wave 4 and for the Boss.

And I play with a Panzerschrek consumable just in case there would be some Meuchler wave 3 (you need to keep your shellshock for the wave 4).

On objective wave 6 and 9, wait near the package landing zone at the beginning, because sometimes the objective is to kill two "Very Important Zombies" (Bombers) in a very short time, so you better be ready (the other one spawn near of where you enter the codes). On wave 9, try to keep your Shellshock for the Boss if it's possible.

Here is my video, I was just looking for the "Exta Tortured Path" trophy but like I said, that's the easier way to do it in my opinion. It's reccorded with share so sorry for the quality, there is some micro cuts. I also removed the boring parts when i'm trying to find the codes. I hope it will help and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks to Azedrun for his help by giving a lot of good infos. And thanks to ObliviousSenpai for his very usefull post on the Extra Tortured Path topic.

Edited by llljulll

There’s luck involved with this trophy. Just got it. The key is getting ‘jacks’ early, getting lucky with the challenges, PAP the 9sap and I used insta-kill and max ammo as consumables. The insta-kill was used for the elimination, kill all special zombies in time - challenges.

I used freefire with the 9sap, when it recharges throw a jacks so you can shoot the statues, then get out to the outskirts as you don’t wanna fight it in the centre. When your jacks run out (and they will with these tactics), use a max ammo consumable. 

I tried other methods and whilst whilst they worked for others, they didn’t feel right for me so switched to this, got close and knew it’d come eventually.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used Frontline with Lucky Crit, Vicious and Determination.

9mm sap PAP'ed, 1911 PAP'ed and N74 ST Grenades.

i used Jack in the boxes when he was running towards the middle to refill his health, threw it got my 1911 out shot the statues and once he laid down i immediatly activated Frontline and shot he's head once he gets up again quickly get out and always shot his head i would recommend using atleast Kugelblitz (double tap) so it will get way easier and faster. I didnt use any consumables.

Edited by G2F4U

• 1 year later...