Best songs for 1000 note streak trophy?

dharmaoutlaw

What are the best songs for this trophy? I've heard Cry of Achilles is one that can be done on regular difficulty, but thats proving a bit of a challenge, any other songs that would be good for it?

Also the best way to go for strumillionaire would be nice to know.

Got a long way to go but getting there!

Thanks in advance

I got it on Cry of Achilles on Regular. I think other than it you'd need to play on a higher difficulty, and I found there to be a big jump between Regular and Advanced and I wasn't nearly as good on Advanced.

For Strumillionaire you can use the reciprocating saw trick if you really want. Otherwise you can just strum madly as you don't actually need to hit any notes. I'd worry about it after everything else though.

I would highly recommend to stay with the same song and just keep practicing. Take advantage of your hero powers on parts where you generally would mess up on. I'm a left-handed person and I play the guitar on guitar hero righty. (and I'm nowhere near ambidextrous) If I can get that trophy playing Cry of Achilles on regular, then so can you with patience and determination. You want us to help you, but you have to help yourself, just keep trying and get it done because us, the people of psnprofiles gets shhhhh done when we put our mind to it. Let's get it done brotha, I know you can do it!

• Like 2

Cry of Achilles on regular is the easiest way. Play the song over and over and if you fail continue playing the song till the end so you get used to the rest of the notes and concentrate on keeping the streak. I FCd it after my 13th play. Its a great song which makes it less of a grind. If you pass the first 100 notes without failing you should be able to finish the entire song.

Strummillionaire i used a jigsaw, posted my video on the guitar hero reddit lol. Im at 800k strums after 2 days of a couple of hours on and off. im going to do the rest myself while i go for the other trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get the Million Strums through regular play, and already made it to over 600'000 playing on advanced. But due to the server closure i'm now just gonna cheese it.

Cry of achilles is a good tip, (probably the song they name in the guide). I tried it on a Rise Against song on advanced, which i thought had over 1000 notes from adding it up in my head. Imagine my face when it turned out to be 997 on my FC. ?

Otherwise some BFMV songs that all where on around 800-900.

Havent bothered with it much yet but these are the only two online trophies i'm missing (and 6 hero powers in one song).

Edited by Sundr0wn

• 2 months later...

Cry Of Achilles really is the best bet if you're mediocre at the game like I am. With five free plays a day, you'll get plenty of practice! And if you don't have it by the time you have maxed the hero power guitar upgrade, you'll easily to blast through the four tricky bits (white + black at the same time) with the bomb power.

Edited by NeM2k2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 4:19 PM, Lovelost6rw said:

Having a very hard time with this trophy starting to think I won't be able to pull it off in time 

You just gotta practice. It took me about 35 plays over a week to FC 'Cry of Achilles' on regular. Make sure you use up all of your plays, so you get new ones the next day and keep trying

12 hours ago, Lovelost6rw said:

Been non stop practicing I have played Cry Of Achilles over fifty times still can't get it down 

What are you having trouble with? Are you randomly missing notes due to bad calibration or mistakes? Or just struggling on certain parts of the song?

On 10.11.2018 at 11:17 PM, Burgins said:

Keep missing the FC of this song by literally 1 or 2 notes. Hard to keep up the motivation for this game after this long

I'm also 40,000 strums away from strummillionaire. this game was just way too grindy

i always fail at the start i dont know what is my problem but i dont get the notes where u only have to strum without a button :( 

any one got some tips for me ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King_Shrimpey said:

i always fail at the start i dont know what is my problem but i dont get the notes where u only have to strum without a button :( 

any one got some tips for me ? 

The start is by far the hardest part, the rest of the song is extremely easy compared to it in my opinion (up until maybe the end? which isn't so bad still)

Practice letting go of the button instantly after the 4th note in one of those sections. And practice double strumming while doing the fourth note and releasing the button, that's how you'll hit a lot of the open notes. It's tricky at first but with practice you'll get used to it, I promise

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Burgins said:

The start is by far the hardest part, the rest of the song is extremely easy compared to it in my opinion (up until maybe the end? which isn't so bad still)

Practice letting go of the button instantly after the 4th note in one of those sections. And practice double strumming while doing the fourth note and releasing the button, that's how you'll hit a lot of the open notes. It's tricky at first but with practice you'll get used to it, I promise

okay thank u i try to learn it :(

I think the start is the hardest part. with the rest of the song i dont hane any problems... 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if they just gifted everyone the online trophies the day the server dies. Everyone grinding so hard and ‘pop!’ Would everyone be mad if it did happen?

was there ever something like that ? 

I dont think they will do that xD

But boii i would be pissed