Booster hate?

jackmadrox

7 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Jeez, that guy has a serious problem. I've never heard of anyone getting upset over boosting, I guess he's jelous or he can't find anyone to boost with (i can see why).

I used to see it a lot on xbox live in 2008ish time. It was usually people that took multiplayer extremely seriously and thought boosters ruined their games and their online leaderboard stats

• Like 2

regarding the reporting point, he can use this against you though.. 

• "Cheating
    Doing or utilizing anything that gives the player a greater advantage than is intended for normal gameplay."  

i don`t know if anyone was banned because of boosting before, does Sony even  consider boosting to fall under that statement ? as cheating ? can anyone confirm? 

Edited by ahmedelebiary

13 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

regarding the reporting point, he can use this against you though.. 

• "Cheating
    Doing or utilizing anything that gives the player a greater advantage than is intended for normal gameplay."  

i don`t know if anyone was banned because of boosting before, does Sony even  consider boosting to fall under that statement ? as cheating ? can anyone confirm? 

Unlikely, you would probably have to get caught in the act of boosting, that is to assume they even care nowadays, and this guy is openly violating terms of service with threats, I would not only report them to sony, but I would also recommend contacting your local authorities as that is definitely a death threat.

49 minutes ago, Vermachtnis said:

That's stupid.  Boosting is harmless and even if it wasn't, you should never ever tell someone to kill themselves.

Boosting definitely isn't if it involves randos too. It ruins the game for them since people aren't playing normally.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Boosting definitely isn't if it involves randos too. It ruins the game for them since people aren't playing normally.

Yeah, but, I wasn't ruining the game for anybody, it was just me and the guy I was boosting with in a private match going back and forth playing Jason. This didn't affect anybody at all. It ain't like I boost all the time, just for those seemingly impossible trophies to get legitimately.  

28 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Yeah, but, I wasn't ruining the game for anybody, it was just me and the guy I was boosting with in a private match going back and forth playing Jason. This didn't affect anybody at all. It ain't like I boost all the time, just for those seemingly impossible trophies to get legitimately.  

I would recommend that you set your message settings to friends only to avoid people like that in the future  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I know I'm just saying that in some circumstances it does ruin it. I think devs should take measures to not design trophies in a way that boosting with randoms ever becomes something people do. Whether that means having bots to kill or a single player method to do instead of MP, or whatever, they should think about how it can affect the game  long term.

Strange, very strange.

To answer @Sergen, yes it can all be done private. This would probably be the worst trophy list in history if it had to be done public. It's the reason I won't go near Dead By Daylight.

In a private lobby you can do whatever you want without affecting the hardcore players. Did you ever go into a public lobby? If you did and someone spotted you were level 150 it might have made someone a bit mad as levelling up through public games takes months.

Still, to send a message like that, just because someone is playing the game differently to them is a bit infantile, which doesn't surprise me as I've come across a lot of children playing this game.

• Like 1

Lame arseholes like that are a good enough reason to get rid of multiplayer trophies. Telling you to kill yourself is totally fucked up. Report them to Sony with your screen shots and get the wanker banned, hopefully for a long time. Use boosting sessions like the ones that you can set up on this site to avoid running into idiots in the future.

6 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Did you ever go into a public lobby? If you did and someone spotted you were level 150 it might have made someone a bit mad as levelling up through public games takes months.

I boosted only "The Final Chapter" trophy (1,000 matches as Jason). Everything else I earned legitimately, and I was already level 150 long before I boosted for this trophy.  And yes,  I reported him. If this person were to say that to someone who is suicidal...I don't even want to say it. I mean call me an asshole, or troll me, but don't tell someone to kill themself. 

17 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Ruining a game for somebody is still harmless. It's in the word: harm-less. It doesn't affect anyone negatively. If somebody's mental disposition is such that they are harmed by having a booster in the game, I think having an online game ruined for them is the least of their problems.

Besides, boosters are usually ass at the game they're boosting in anyways. If the dude was so good, he could just ruin the boosters session by owning them. That's what I do in fighting games. People do it to me as well when I'm boosting a game I don't feel like getting good at. It's all in good fun.

If somebody flips out on you for boosting, just ignore it. There's no rule in any book that states you have to respond to somebody being a twat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Ruining a game for somebody is still harmless. It's in the word: harm-less. It doesn't affect anyone negatively. If somebody's mental disposition is such that they are harmed by having a booster in the game, I think having an online game ruined for them is the least of their problems.

Besides, boosters are usually ass at the game they're boosting in anyways. If the dude was so good, he could just ruin the boosters session by owning them. That's what I do in fighting games. People do it to me as well when I'm boosting a game I don't feel like getting good at. It's all in good fun.

If somebody flips out on you for boosting, just ignore it. There's no rule in any book that states you have to respond to somebody being a twat.

Ah a pointlessly semantic and purposefully obtuse argument. 

• Like 2

Sounds like you need a nice Boosting Song to wash away that horrible experience :)

I have often dreamed
of a place to play
Where a set of dedicated gamers
Will be waiting for me
It doesn't matter the region
Whether it is Night or Day
And a certain thread keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I will find some friends
We can earn the platinum
My backlog will be cleansed
I cannot say for how long
I know every plat
Will be as easy as that
I will post in the game sessions
to feel like I belong

6a0d87636abbb5b03d643c1e08ecee3a.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Sounds like you need a nice Boosting Song to wash away that horrible experience :)

I have often dreamed
of a place to play
Where a set of dedicated gamers
Will be waiting for me
It doesn't matter the region
Whether it is Night or Day
And a certain thread keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I will find some friends
We can earn the platinum
My backlog will be cleansed
I cannot say for how long
I know every plat
Will be as easy as that
I will post in the game sessions
to feel like I belong

A tear ran down my cheek. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Ah a pointlessly semantic and purposefully obtuse argument. 

Absolutely not. In your original post, you were being overly dramatic, which didn't surprise me coming from you.

I stepped in and corrected your dramatization of the effects of boosters. I made a valid argument. Your subsequent post was actually the arbitrary post. It added nothing to the conversation and didn't present a counter argument.

Edit: although, I have to thank you for bringing my attention back to this thread. If not for you getting butthurt, I would have never seen Mayus' epic poem.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

Some people take gaming way to seriously, telling someone to kill themselves is childish, pathetic and down right horrible. I got mental health problems, where I can get suicidal, so telling me that, would tip me over the edge. As for boosting, some people don't have the time or patience to wait to do MP trophies. I personally hate them, as they are luck base, don't make me a bad player if I choose to boost the trophies. I got to eventually do that for Fifa 15 at some point, due to nobody plays online. Sports are my weak games, but i'm still skilled enough to wipe the floor with people, if I choose to. That don't mean I'm big headed or crap at the game, I've been gaming for 30 years, and just got the experience and know how to play with the best of them. One trophy required a boost partner, so I played with 2 control's, lost 7-1, but that 1 goal was from half way line. didn't care if I lose, just needed to play, like 2 kids might play and let them win, to finish the match and get the trophy. he did get cocky at the end, and I scored the goal to shut him up.

My point is don't matter if you boost or not, you act like a kid, expect a better player to wipe the floor with you, don't moan about or tell someone to kill themselves. Life is too short to let that to get to you, I know their is better players then me, don't mean i'm going to throw my toys out of the pram because I lost or choose to boost for whatever reason. Personally I like to co-op play online, as I enjoy the challenge, but I will offer to boost for people, as it's helping people out, to just get the MP trophies out of the way. Sony put the MP trophies their, to make money, no skill required, so who cares if they boost play, it don't effect you in any way. People have a life, kids, pets to look after, much more important things to do in life, then to worry about John Doe boosting. Report the kid and be done with it, move on and do what you need to do and carry on with own life and not worry about it, those who flame people for boosting, seriously get a grip on life and don't moan when you need to boost for a game. Love the MR T cartoon meme.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:17 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Some people take gaming way to seriously, telling someone to kill themselves is childish, pathetic and down right horrible. I got mental health problems, where I can get suicidal, so telling me that, would tip me over the edge. As for boosting, some people don't have the time or patience to wait to do MP trophies. I personally hate them, as they are luck base, don't make me a bad player if I choose to boost the trophies. I got to eventually do that for Fifa 15 at some point, due to nobody plays online. Sports are my weak games, but i'm still skilled enough to wipe the floor with people, if I choose to. That don't mean I'm big headed or crap at the game, I've been gaming for 30 years, and just got the experience and know how to play with the best of them. One trophy required a boost partner, so I played with 2 control's, lost 7-1, but that 1 goal was from half way line. didn't care if I lose, just needed to play, like 2 kids might play and let them win, to finish the match and get the trophy. he did get cocky at the end, and I scored the goal to shut him up.

My point is don't matter if you boost or not, you act like a kid, expect a better player to wipe the floor with you, don't moan about or tell someone to kill themselves. Life is too short to let that to get to you, I know their is better players then me, don't mean i'm going to throw my toys out of the pram because I lost or choose to boost for whatever reason. Personally I like to co-op play online, as I enjoy the challenge, but I will offer to boost for people, as it's helping people out, to just get the MP trophies out of the way. Sony put the MP trophies their, to make money, no skill required, so who cares if they boost play, it don't effect you in any way. People have a life, kids, pets to look after, much more important things to do in life, then to worry about John Doe boosting. Report the kid and be done with it, move on and do what you need to do and carry on with own life and not worry about it, those who flame people for boosting, seriously get a grip on life and don't moan when you need to boost for a game. Love the MR T cartoon meme.

The problem is there's no person to person conversation. It's all done on the internet, because like this guy I too used to get death threats from people because I was slightly better than them in an online multiplayer game.

Do people honestly think half of these occurrences would occur in person? No, because they would get the living shit kicked out of them.

It's not just kids, it's also grown up adults who feel the need to bitch and moan every time they got on a losing team. I would always see it when I used to play PvP in World of Warcraft years ago. We would get a map like Alterac Mountains, the goals are pretty simple, we had to defend our own territory while we also had to take over the opponents territory. Whenever we were on a losing team it was usually the same 3 - 5 people bitching that we suck, regardless of how much experience we have with the game.

We know full and well by now that regardless of what online multiplayer game you're going to play, you're going to run into assholes like the idiot in the screenshots.

I understand people are upset when they get shit like this, but how hard is it to just ignore them? I don't tolerate that crap anymore, and if someone decides to scream onto the mic or bitch about how shit everyone else is, I automatically mute them. Perhaps more people need to be doing this.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Agreed with the comment above. 95% of those people that are as*holes online wouldn't even dare to do the same in real life for fear of ending with a broken face.

The best solution for these scenarios is just to ignore, mute or block the offender. I know it may be hard to do but just ignore it and focus on whatever other stuff you may be doing at the moment. You shouldn't waste your time discussing with this kind of toxic individuals. ^_^

• Like 2