Backlog Pyramid Challenge

I wanted to have my first pyramid to be all games on my played backlog. My goal is to  complete at least half my played backlog by the end of the year. I want to try to have this batch complete by OCT 31st. We will see how that goes. You do not have to do that but may be an extra challenge.

S0d4fec.png

Scbec93.pngS6b6556.png

S59c83d.pngSb1bfb5.pngSdb2558.png

Sb034ad.pngSc4a4a6.pngS2ab538.pngS0ba277.png

Completed:

Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Murdered Soul Suspect

Lego Marvel Superheroes 1

Game of Thrones

Tokyo Xanadu

Ultra Rare: 

Yakuza Kiwami

Very Rare:

Tokyo Xanadu

Akiba'a Beat

Rare:

Yonder

Doctor Who

Lego Marvel 1

Uncommon/Common:

Murdered Soul Suspect

Lost Sphear

Adventures of Mana

Game of Thrones

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Goal: Well, I guess by the end of THIS year then...

S878bb6.png

S587246.pngS2be60e.png

S238a7c.pngScff0d2.pngSb7f04a.png

S64c88b.pngSa86643.pngS07b451.pngS76b3cf.png

Ultra Rare

The Technomancer

Very Rare

Gal*Gun Double Peace

Titan Quest :platinum: (January 23, 2019)

Rare

Okage: Shadow King

Uncanny Valley ? (July 01, 2018)

Earth's Dawn :platinum: (July 05, 2018)

Uncommon/common

Batman Telltale :platinum: (July 12, 2018)

Monster Energy Supercross

MXGP3 

Steins;Gate 0 :platinum: (July 17, 2018)

Edited by Sardavanua

Quick question. If you have a game that had DLC, do you go by the 100% or the platinum when deciding what rarity it has. For example, Bioshock (PS3) has 9.8% on the platinum. 100% is under 2%. I noticed for pretty much any game with DLC on my profile would be ultra rare if this is the case. 

12 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Quick question. If you have a game that had DLC, do you go by the 100% or the platinum when deciding what rarity it has. For example, Bioshock (PS3) has 9.8% on the platinum. 100% is under 2%. I noticed for pretty much any game with DLC on my profile would be ultra rare if this is the case. 

By the dlc. Example Diablo III has a rare plat at 13% but is ultra rare due to dlc.

thanks for organizing this event...seems like fun...i'd like to submit a reverse pyramid if possible, please...i'll have to double-check the rarity values at some point since acknowledging this stat is new for me...gives both the ps3 and ps4 a nice even workout...

ultra rare :

wolfenstein 2... 

skate 3...

bulletstorm (ps3)...

sniper : ghost warrior...

very rare :

manhunt...

assassin's creed chronicles : trilogy pack...

star wars : the force unleashed ii... 

rare :

south park : the stick of truth...

nioh...

common :

bully... 

sorry, no idea how to make the pyramid thing...i'm cool without one though...and man, second-glancing at this list I gotta say I cannot wait to play these games...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Wow, what a nice event idea!

It is good that the event doesn't have a defined finishing date, that way, I can add games I'm planning to play next. Anyhow, I'm going to put games that are already listed in other events too.

Caju94's 1st Pyramid - Summer Mix Pyramid

S3f9573.png

Sea9a8f.pngjourney.png      

Sfc51d8.png S108bf6.pngSe15247.png

S3a361a.pngScc35e7.pngSd3985e.pngS23ed9c.png

Ultra Rare

Worms Batteground - PS4

Very Rare

Need for Speed Most Wanted - Vita

Journey - PS4

Rare

Ratchet & Clank HD - Vita

Hue - PS4/Vita

Spy Chameleon - PS4/Vita

Uncommon/Common

Burnout Paradise: Remastered - PS4

Cat Quest - PS4

Sly Cooper and the Thievus Raccoonus - Vita

Final Fantasy VII - PS4

Currently working on

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Final Fantasy 7

I plan to have this pyramid completed by the end of the summer. :)

Edited by Caju_94

I'll also do a reverse pyramid too if that's okay, because I don't actually have many common/uncommon plat games (I did have some but they're complete already):

S23ed9c.png

:hidden:

S1b8a08.png S81e2a5.png

:platinum:                     :platinum:

S894b49.png S05a26b.png S76e34c.png

:hidden:                     :platinum:                     :hidden:

S7a0af6.png S506da9.png S8b5b95.png Sca4318.png

:platinum:                      :platinum:                      :hidden:                      :hidden:

Decided to use a trophy system to indicate my completion :P

:hidden: = Unstarted

:bronze: = Barely Started

:silver: = Working On

:gold: = Getting There

:platinum: = I DID IT! Complete!

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 4

Pyramids just so happen to be my favorite shape, so I feel obligated to do this event :P

For 100% lists, do I just go by the rarest trophy?

I'm going to need a long break from my vita after this summer, so I'm hoping to get a majority of this done by August-ish? I'm not sure how reasonable that is. I'm pretty close on my ultra rare choice, so it shouldn't be too unreasonable. We'll see, I guess

S14ad42.png?

S186c97.pngSf77343.png?☑️

S5b9590.pngS238a7c.pngSc94a8c.png???

S93e064.pngSb4b6ed.pngSf89d5a.pngSb19eac.png???

Ultra Rare:

Wake-Up Club

Very Rare:

Ultratron

Get off my lawn!

Rare:

Uncanny Valley

Forma.8

God of War II

Uncommon/Common:

God of War

Severed

Days D Tower Rush

Medieval Defenders

Edited by Kittet3

56 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

For 100% lists, do I just go by the rarest trophy?

I am not the OP, but in my case I considered the % below the green mark (In my case 7,91% of the PSNProfiles users on the leadeboard 100% Journey, for example, even though the trophy with lowest precentage has a percentage of 11,5%)

• Like 1

@ProfBambam55 @Kristycism

I have no no problem with doing it in reverse, I think it is an interesting take on the challenge. Good luck with it.

As per the question of rarity, I go with the percentages across the top of a games page. A regular platinum will be just whatever it's rarity is. A non plat is what ever it is to 100% on the far right. The same with any game with dlc. On the far right it will give you the 100% rarity. That is what you go off of. 

Oh oh also I am considering allowing people to complete a Halloween pyramid that is exempt of the only one pyramid at a time rule. The Halloween pyramid wiould be able to be started august 1st and run through oct 31st. You only get credit if you complete it before the deadline. So if you want to swap some games around yet that is fine you will not be locked into your pyramid until the 1st.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm in! I think this will be great motivation to finish up some games in my backlog - my pyramid is below. Thanks for organizing this!

Sa4866e.png

S28fc79.pngS497bec.png

S67b633.pngSe109ed.pngS238a7c.png

Se5f7b6.pngS327a52.pngSc0f44a.pngSbd6a83.png

Ultra Rare: Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (Vita) <-- need motivation to get through that DLC

Very Rare: Tales of Xillia, Tales of Xillia 2

Rare: God of War Ascension, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita), Uncanny Valley (Vita)

Common/Uncommon: God of War (PS3), Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita), Mecho Tales (Vita), Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden 

Currently working on:

God of War Ascension

Cosmic Star Heroine

Edit: Made some changes to the game list!

Edited by sundrew

S971371.png

Sa4cbb4.pngS117b9e.png

S53b6a3.pngS9778a6.pngS8651e4.png

S0095fb.pngS999145.pngSa05a35.pngScb3655.png

Ultra rare : Exist Archive (completion 52%)

Very Rare : One Piece (completion 70%), Final Fantasy XIII (completion 56%)

Rare : Demon Gaze (done), Ys VIII (done), Fairy Fencer (done)

Common : Final Fantasy XIII-2 (13%), A Rose in The Twilight (40), Jojo (8%), Demon Gaze 2 (done)

40-platinum.png

40-platinum.png40-platinum.png

1S76284b.png1S929ebf.png1Sc9ce19.png

40-platinum.png40-platinum.png40-platinum.png1Sa05969.png

Edited by LilFlower85

Everyone up to this point has been added. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, LilFlower85 said:

Edit : just realizing that you put grand kingdom in the rare category, but 12,30% is the average completion, while the platinum is 1,16%. So which number should we take in consideration ?

Go Off of the Platinum Percentage. Good luck with Grand Kingdom.

5 hours ago, Kristycism said:

@ProfBambam55 Here you go, I made it for you, you can just copy and paste if you like:

Reveal hidden contents

Sa2c683.png

Sbef479.pngSdee15a.png

S5f0361.pngSae5dc1.pngS827577.png

Saad481.pngS02e211.pngS0e5b4f.pngSf3a07d.png

I'll also do a reverse pyramid too if that's okay, because I don't actually have many common/uncommon plat games (I did have some but they're complete already):

S23ed9c.png

S1b8a08.pngS81e2a5.png

S894b49.png S05a26b.pngS76e34c.png

S7a0af6.png S506da9.pngS8b5b95.png Sca4318.png

The only one currently on my profile is Dark Cloud 2 (currently 25% of the trophies, but way less of the actual way through).

thanks a bunch...i think I need to be at my pc to copy/paste, couldn't figure out how it works on cell...will add later...cheers...

• Like 1

Sounds like a cool idea. Here's my pyramid.

S0d4fec.png

Sc3250e.pngS8fba1e.png

S9e84a9.pngSceee95.pngS77048b.png

S1724f3.pngSfb1503.pngS23ed9c.pngS7f5ebb.png

Since this pyramid is almost all RPGs I expect it will last me to the end of the year even though I have progress in all of the games already.

Ultra Rare

Yakuza Kiwami (91%)

Very Rare

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (100%) Finished November 6, 2018
Persona 4 Golden (60%)

Rare

Megadimension Neptunia VII (7%)

Gravity Rush 2 (25%)
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed [PS3] (42%)

Uncommon

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (18%)
XBlaze Code: Embryo (100%) Finished July 8, 2018
Final Fantasy VII (4%)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (42%)

Edited by Arctic Cress
Finished game #2
  • Like 1

2 questions: we can use any games already started, but not completed? I could maybe use a few half complete, like Modnations Racers.. 

On that note, are we required to follow the rarity ratio? I don't know if I have enough common plats in my game plans to get the pyramid.. But could easily set up a reverse one ?

I will look into it in a bit.. 

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

2 questions: we can use any games already started, but not completed? I could maybe use a few half complete, like Modnations Racers.. 

On that note, are we required to follow the rarity ratio? I don't know if I have enough common plats in my game plans to get the pyramid.. But could easily set up a reverse one 1f602.png

I will look into it in a bit.. 

Yes if you have started the game it can count. There are already a few people who have submitted a reverse pyramid, I have no issue with it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

By the dlc. Example Diablo III has a rare plat at 13% but is ultra rare due to dlc.

Thanks. I'll need to update my list. I'll update the original post. I might do an inverted pyramid too because with the DLC thing a lot of my games would qualify as Ultra Rare.

Edited by Toogie53

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Oh oh also I am considering allowing people to complete a Halloween pyramid that is exempt of the only one pyramid at a time rule. The Halloween pyramid wiould be able to be started august 1st and run through oct 31st. You only get credit if you complete it before the deadline. So if you want to swap some games around yet that is fine you will not be locked into your pyramid until the 1st.

For those that want to do a Halloween pyramid and are planning to also participate in my upcoming Halloween event, send me a PM and I'll be nice and let you have a sneak peak at the categories so you can try to plan around both events. My plans aren't 100% set in stone but I think any changes would be minor at this point. 

@Sardavanua  If you haven't started it yet, you might want to avoid Titan Quest. I saw a post this morning talking about how glitchy and buggy it is on console. 

Edited by Toogie53

My Pyramid:

Ultra Rare

Lc7950b.pngL36d2b1.pngLe66070.pngL09417c.png

Dirt 3, Fallout Shelter, Driver San Fransisco, Modnations Racers

Very Rare

La9ed37.pngL927b2d.pngL8c7ff1.png

Dirt Showdown, Split Second, Need for Speed Rivals

Rare

L5fdbe8.pngL4e9aa2.png

Shining Resonance, Kingdom Hearts 2

Common

Lc9ecd0.png
XBlaze: Lost Memories

Do note that KH2 is at 88%, Dirt Showdown at 45%, Split Second at 53%, Modnations Racers at 63% and all others under 30%.. in a way, I really want to join this event to clear some pending backlog, since some have been on hold since forever (KH2), others have been started just to get the online done (most of them), XBlaze was for a competition that I then decided to not bother.. Fallout Shelter is just something that I'm playing on and off (and that I doubt that will stay UR.. but I will change it for Project Cars or Tales of Zestiria if that happens, but since those 2 are also at +50%, I thought it was better to leave them out). I also think that I will finally get my profile into the 90%, under 1000 unearned trophies if I manage to do those + my other currently playing (Caligula Effect, LBP Vita, Valhalla Knights 3) that I doubt that I will plat during this event while adding none of few new games to my profile!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I like the sounds of this one, count me in.  Here's my starter pyramid.  Goal is January 1st of 2019.

S6865d3.png
                                                                                    S33d920.pngS87b4a9.png
                                                                       Sb19caa.pngSaacf5e.pngS812a98.png
                                                         S94357e.pngS35493d.pngS1ccfd5.pngSa4466c.png

I changed one out already, so if you already saw it and it looks different that's why.  I'll stick with this pyramid, sorry about that, just realized the one I had there was probably too lengthy for a first round "easy" one.

Edited by willythom88
Changed one icon