Backlog Pyramid Challenge

40 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

No I was thinking along the lines of after the event started, you get to swap one solitary game. There may be exceptions such as unexpected server shutdowns and such that could be allowed. I did notice it, I am just not sure how to implement it, I am not a good person for doing code and such.

There's a "share" button on the top right of each post. You can use the link to hyperlink with any text (see below). 

Aeir_

Alright just wrapped up my first one with Catlaterral Damage. Not much fun after the 8 hr mark but it's done.

Also, just platted Virginia, so that's 2 down.  Won't have much to update for the next few weeks but I'll throw out what I can.

Edited by willythom88

Just now, cjshaitan said:

Just a quick question what happens a game is started as UR but now that I have platted it, it is only Rare. Does it still count ? Do I need to pick another UR and if so could I use the game in the Rare category.

It goes off of when you selected it. Otherwise it can be a pain, as some teeter just on the edge between categories. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Just a quick question what happens a game is started as UR but now that I have platted it, it is only Rare. Does it still count ? Do I need to pick another UR and if so could I use the game in the Rare category.

It still counts:)

• Like 1

L52070a.png

Plat #2 The Crew 2  (UR at time of starting)

Game is very poor in comparison to the first Crew. Rubber banding racing is a joke, there is no real reason to drive the open world. The only real use of a crew in this game is in the title. Disappointing all around. If you going to give it a go wait a few months and hope for more content.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

L52070a.png

Plat #2 The Crew 2  (UR at time of starting)

Game is very poor in comparison to the first Crew. Rubber banding racing is a joke, there is no real reason to drive the open world. The only real use of a crew in this game is in the title. Disappointing all around. If you going to give it a go wait a few months and hope for more content.

Congrats on the plat. I havnt played a racing game since Gran Turismo 3. 

• Like 1

I would love to join this event. I have two more LEGO games to platinum but after that, I will be working mostly on these games as a shout out to the upcoming releases of Dragon Quest XI in September and Kingdom Hearts III in January 2019. I created the below image using trophy images from the respective games. The bottom row is what took me the most time to figure out because there are no games in the respective series that fit and I wanted to use games that would take me at least 12 hours to complete, so you won't find anything by Artifex Mundi or quick and dirty titles (like Mayo) here. I want each game to be given equal focus and I enjoyed playing Jak and Ratchet on the PS2 and got into Sly Cooper in my early PS4 days. I do plan on working on all of the Sly games in the series once I reconfigure my Vita to my current account.

pyramid01.png

Bottom Row: [Un]Common

• Buff Knight Advanced
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  • Ratchet and Clank (the remake)
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (on Vita, once I reformat my system for my current account)

Second Row: Rare

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)

Third Row: Very Rare

• Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)

Top Row: Ultra Rare

• Dragon Quest Heroes II

NOTE: I am going to hold off on this pyramid until I get the platinums for LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Marvel's Avengers, but they are getting close to completion so it shouldn't be too long before I crack into these games. I also finally resynced my PS Vita to my current account and got the chance to download a couple of old games that I liked in the past; Adventures of Mana and World of Final Fantasy. Yes, I am going to platinum World of Final Fantasy with my Vita even though the battles are longer because of the flash screen just before each fight and the graphic quality is poorer. The nice thing is that the Vita version still has the Sephiroth Champion medal from day one! ^_^

Edited by DragonQuest238

Hey guys, just finished Secret of Mana on the ps4. Very good game; not the type of RPG I usually play but I really enjoyed it, especially since I never played the original. Easy enough trophies just some really grindy RNG ones to find rare item drops and orbs to level up weapons etc. A very solid game with a unique art style, fun (if a little fiddly) combat and magic system. I definitely recommend this one. 7/10

1Leccc5d.png

Earn all trophies

Edited by artyt89
  • Like 2

spacer.pngL88e290.png

Game 3 - Persona 3 Dancing Moonight - Common 15/7

Game was awesome, here in ends the trilogy of Persona dancing imports. Spent a fortune on the import but worth it. Very easy rhythm game but great songs. Hopefully gets a localisation next year. If it does you should jump on it. Hopefully the localisation comes to the XboneX, would love to have one more crack at it.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

pyramid01.png

Bottom Row: [Un]Common

• Buff Knight Advanced
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  • Ratchet and Clank (the remake)
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (on Vita)

Second Row: Rare

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)

Third Row: Very Rare

• Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix)

Top Row: Ultra Rare

• Dragon Quest Heroes II

Signing up for this event, re-quoting the post I made before.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Neat idea, always looking for an excuse to play games :D

UR:

The Evil Within (PS4,NA)

VR:

Just Cause 2

Ico

R:

Detroit Become Human

InFamous

Dishonored 2 

UC/C:

Oxenfree

Tomb Raider Legend

Dishonored : Death of the Outsider

The Walking Dead: Michonne

I'd post fancy images but tbh no idea how to haha :)

Sorry, I didn't know you were away from your computer, kingofbattle8174. Thanks for the add-in. I am already whipping my slaves to build another pyramid, based on the various RPGs by dev Level-5 because their games are awesome and I have played all of them... except White Knight Chronicles because those games are impossible to plat now thanks to the server shutdown. Sadly, no Dragon Quest 8 which they helped Enix on since the remake was Nintendo only.

I just started popping trophies on my pyramid today. When I was on commute to my weekly exercise regiment, I popped eight Sly Cooper 1(which is what I will call Sly Cooper and Thievius Raccoonus because ho boy, that's a mouthful! :o) trophies on my Vita which I just synced. :) And I just completed the very first level too! Progress! :D

Since it seems people only update after they get a platinum, I'll try to keep it like that for my pyramid, but I'll put trophy progress on my trophy blog which I will link to in my signature soon.

On 15/07/2018 at 7:23 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Glad you enjoyed the game! Secret of Mana was one of my favorite SNES games and I am glad they made a remake of it for the Playstation. The game does crash a few times but it is pretty decent. My only gripe is that the trophy names are the same as the descriptions.

Yeah the trophy names are pretty unimaginative lol.  I was really lucky as the game didn't crash at all for me in around 30 hours gameplay.  I was playing the physical copy, not sure if that has anything to do with it but yeah very fun game. ?

I'd like to join up if it's not too late?  I have some themed pyramids in mind ^_^

RPG Heaven Pyramid

S84367a.png

0%

S628239.pngScd33a5.png

0%                     0%

Seea326.pngS9e84a9.pngS98e71f.png

17%                    1%                     0%   

S4f5c2b.pngS402451.pngS06d5ed.pngSc9e9a9.png

0%                       0%                    0%                     0%         

Ultra Rare

Grand Kingdom - 0%

Very Rare

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - 0%

Tales of Hearts R - 0%

Rare

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Trees Woe and the Blight Below - 17%

Megadimension Neptunia VII - 1%

Akiba's Trip - 0%

Common/Uncommon

Blue Reflection - 0%

Cosmic Star Heroine - 0%

Antiquia Lost - 0%

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hardgirls - 0%

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd like to join up if it's not too late?  I have some themed pyramids in mind ^_^

RPG Heaven Pyramid

S84367a.png

0%

S628239.pngScd33a5.png

0%                     0%

Seea326.pngS9e84a9.pngS98e71f.png

17%                    1%                     0%   

S4f5c2b.pngS402451.pngS06d5ed.pngSc9e9a9.png

0%                       0%                    0%                     0%         

Ultra Rare

Grand Kingdom - 0%

Very Rare

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - 0%

Tales of Hearts R - 0%

Rare

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Trees Woe and the Blight Below - 17%

Megadimension Neptunia VII - 1%

Akiba's Trip - 0%

Common/Uncommon

Blue Reflection - 0%

Cosmic Star Heroine - 0%

Antiquia Lost - 0%

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hardgirls - 0%

Welcome, you are all good the more the merrier. And I can dig the rpg theme. I have a theme of played backlog. After that is done I am going to all vita games. 

11 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Welcome, you are all good the more the merrier. And I can dig the rpg theme. I have a theme of played backlog. After that is done I am going to all vita games. 

Thank you ^_^  I had so much trouble with the Very Rare line as I had so many games that could fit that category.

I figure having a theme helps me stay focused.  I know it's ambitious but I'm already planning my next one for when I finish this pyramid :giggle:

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thank you ^_^  I had so much trouble with the Very Rare line as I had so many games that could fit that category.

I figure having a theme helps me stay focused.  I know it's ambitious but I'm already planning my next one for when I finish this pyramid :giggle:

Nice to see you here, Meso! I too have a second pyramid, which I may jump to if I get bored of the first pyramid and need a break. It consists of 50% of Level-5 games(Dark Cloud series, Ni no Kuni series, and Rogue Galaxy) and has a couple of Final Fantasies and other stuff slotted in. :)

Got my first trophy in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, BTW.

Edited by DragonQuest238