Backlog Pyramid Challenge

15 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Nice to see you here, Meso! I too have a second pyramid, which I may jump to if I get bored of the first pyramid and need a break. It consists of 50% of Level-5 games(Dark Cloud series, Ni no Kuni series, and Rogue Galaxy) and has a couple of Final Fantasies and other stuff slotted in. :)

Got my first trophy in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, BTW.

I have to admit, I did consider adding Birth by Sleep on my pyramid but I don't feel ready to devote 150 hours to it just yet.  Good luck in your Kingdom Hearts journey, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this amazing series.

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I have to admit, I did consider adding Birth by Sleep on my pyramid but I don't feel ready to devote 150 hours to it just yet.  Good luck in your Kingdom Hearts journey, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this amazing series.

Well, you're in luck. I have updated my signature to include a link to my unofficial trophy hunter's blog. I'll be posting updates every so often about how far I have gotten on my pyramid. :)

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, you're in luck. I have updated my signature to include a link to my unofficial trophy hunter's blog. I'll be posting updates every so often about how far I have gotten on my pyramid. :)

Cool, I'll check it out.  Now I've finished Demon Gaze I can make a start on my pyramid, I think I might play Dragon Quest Heroes soon as it's been sat at 17% for the past year :o

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I'm gonna go through my backlog and put together a pyramid tonight. Should have it up either today or tomorrow.

I'm glad you decided to join and I'm looking forward to seeing what you put on your pyramid (hopefully lots of RPG's)

• Like 1

So my pyramid started out as something completely different but then I realized I was starting more new games rather than finishing old ones. So I scrapped the entire pyramid and went down all of my incomplete games and picked out the ones that I need some motivation to go back to. Here goes nothing. 

S726fa7.png

S3b5f25.pngS631ae5.png

S5cf8da.pngSeea326.pngS8fc9e7.png

Sb603e1.pngSe47a93.pngS2ab538.pngS8ffcbb.png

Should have a lot of fun wrapping 9/10 of these up. Not looking forward to WRC 5 in the slightest though cause I didn't like what I played of it. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

Sfce5a1.png

Sc2d69f.pngSe3f6ed.png

S8396eb.pngS0e99ec.pngS414f9d.png

S896c74.pngSf8ba9e.pngSfe8d23.pngSd3d10d.png

Ultra Rare: Puppeteer - 0%

Very Rare: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 4%, Darksiders II - 100%

Rare: Kingdom Hearts II - 0%, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - 52%, Dead Space - 5%

Uncommon/Common: God of War - 11%, Until Dawn - 0%, PaPo & Yo - 0%, rain - 0%

Was able to complete Darksiders II as of yesterday, making slow progress, but it is still progress!

9 hours ago, Kent said:

So my pyramid started out as something completely different but then I realized I was starting more new games rather than finishing old ones. So I scrapped the entire pyramid and went down all of my incomplete games and picked out the ones that I need some motivation to go back to. Here goes nothing. 

S726fa7.png

S3b5f25.pngS631ae5.png

S5cf8da.pngSeea326.pngS8fc9e7.png

Sb603e1.pngSe47a93.pngS2ab538.pngS8ffcbb.png

Should have a lot of fun wrapping 9/10 of these up. Not looking forward to WRC 5 in the slightest though cause I didn't like what I played of it. Good luck everyone!

???...... ? Two games are in the same spot as on my pyramid.

Edited by DragonQuest238

9 hours ago, Kent said:

I for myself completed the PS3 version a few weeks ago, only had 3 game crashes. One of them ended in a corrupted save data tho *joy*. I dunno what went wrong with this version, but it's god awful compared to the PS4 version.

If you don't mind, here's some advice:

1. You can skip alot of events in every championship. Almost one third of it actually. After you have completed 2-3 events, you can skip one entirely (all 3 stages), your team's morale will be extremly low after doing so, but as long as you win the next 2-3 events you can rinse and repeat. I was able to skip 4 entire countries in the last championship and therefore saved about 2 hours.

2. Team points don't matter in any way, just focus on your own points. In the last championship there's a certain opponent who always gets first or second place depending on your position. Calculate ahead how many points you need to beat him, so you won't skip too many events by accident.

3. Always double-check if you have repaired your car.

4. Skip Sweden after you've raced it the first time, you really don't want to do Sweden twice. Trust me.

1 hour ago, Sardavanua said:

I for myself completed the PS3 version a few weeks ago, only had 3 game crashes. One of them ended in a corrupted save data tho *joy*. I dunno what went wrong with this version, but it's god awful compared to the PS4 version.

If you don't mind, here's some advice:

1. You can skip alot of events in every championship. Almost one third of it actually. After you have completed 2-3 events, you can skip one entirely (all 3 stages), your team's morale will be extremly low after doing so, but as long as you win the next 2-3 events you can rinse and repeat. I was able to skip 4 entire countries in the last championship and therefore saved about 2 hours.

2. Team points don't matter in any way, just focus on your own points. In the last championship there's a certain opponent who always gets first or second place depending on your position. Calculate ahead how many points you need to beat him, so you won't skip too many events by accident.

3. Always double-check if you have repaired your car.

4. Skip Sweden after you've raced it the first time, you really don't want to do Sweden twice. Trust me.

Awesome, thanks so much for the help. I might try and knock this one out first so I don't have to worry about it and can enjoy the rest of my list. 

@Kent

Added and that is a pretty good list. I see we are both about the same point on Mana. I had to leave to get more picks for the Medusa Temple and havnt gone back to the game since. After I finish Xanadu probably.

@BlazzingWind

Congrats. That is a pretty darn good completion to have in the books. Over four years, I bet it feels great to have that one done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Congrats. That is a pretty darn good completion to have in the books. Over four years, I bet it feels great to have that one done.

It definitely does, I absolutely adored the first game and let something as simple as a differing battle mechanic (dodging/evasion instead of brute force) to keep me from completing it when I first got it is admitedly silly. In fact, I pre-ordered this game lmao 

Edited by BlazzingWind

Sfce5a1.png

Sc2d69f.pngSe3f6ed.png

S8396eb.pngS0e99ec.pngS414f9d.png

S896c74.pngSf8ba9e.pngSfe8d23.pngSd3d10d.png

Ultra Rare: Puppeteer - 0%

Very Rare: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 4%, Darksiders II - 100%

Rare: Kingdom Hearts II - 0%, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - 52%, Dead Space - 5%

Uncommon/Common: God of War - 11%, Until Dawn - 0%, PaPo & Yo - 100%, rain - 100%

Finished rain and shortly thereafter Papo & Yo. Two very short, yet interesting games that have been sitting in my backlog for longer than I care to admit. rain felt like a walking simulator in a dark town drenched in rain trying to understand why you've become invisible. Papo & Yo has a stronger storyline and deals with concepts of addiction and self-blame in the process of seeking self-recovery. Both games were way better than I thought they would be.

• Like 2

I've started playing every game in my pyramid save DQH2. I decided to watch the story of that game so I don't want to start playing it until I have gotten the platinums on everything else. Right now I have gamer's block but I might just vegetate myself with Buff Knight Advanced because that game doesn't require that much work and I can multi-task while playing it.

On 30/06/2018 at 7:40 PM, Banana_Sausage47 said:

My Pyramid

hDE3H5d.png

Games I've started from this list are: Asphalt Injection 43%, Alien Isolation 7%, Vampyr 28%, L.A. Noire 25%.

Thank you @MarkusT1992 for making the pyramid image for me. :)

finished Asphalt Injection & On My Godheads.

Also, I want to change Grand Prix Rock 'n Racing to Black: The Fall.

I've made some decent progress on WRC 5 and so far it might be the worst game I've ever played. I don't want to say anymore on the game because it doesn't deserve it. 

@Sardavanua How do I skip those events? Getting a DNF by giving up? The less I have to play of this game the better. xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kent said:

@Sardavanua How do I skip those events? Getting a DNF by giving up? The less I have to play of this game the better. xD

You got it right. Skip every stage of an event by simply giving up.

Just be careful that you get enough points still and don't skip two countries in a row unless you want to be kicked from your team. You can check your team's morale in the team section btw.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

You got it right. Skip every stage of an event by simply giving up.

Just be careful that you get enough points still and don't skip two countries in a row unless you want to be kicked from your team. You can check your team's morale in the team section btw.

Your timing couldn't have been more perfect! Just finished my second rally in the career and successfully skipped the third. Thanks for this tip, it's gonna save me a ton of time! :D:dance:

5 hours ago, Kent said:

I've made some decent progress on WRC 5 and so far it might be the worst game I've ever played.

Oh come on .............. clearly you haven't play Horizon then.

spacer.pngL624654.png

#4 - Along Together - C - 15/7

Very enjoyable VR game. Highly recommend. Easy 3-4hr plat. Plays as a top down platform puzzler, makes good use of VR with hidden collectibles and platforming. Cute dog as well. Would recommend, heck you could even double stack it. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

Getting close to beating my next game, lego marvel 1. 85% game completion just abouts and 75% trophy completion. Goota get maybe 5 more bricks to unlock the last side chapter.

Good luck! LEGO Marvel Superheroes was a bit trying for me, especially the races you do on the Helicarrier. One of the many reasons I love/hate Maria Hill.

If you want to plat LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, a word of warning - in the level where you fight the Black Knight(the third story level), at the last part, you can use Dr. Strange's telekinesis on the bone cage on the ceiling. If you do that, make sure you hold down on the control pad when it zooms in!!! I found out that you have to push down on the pad when the cage zooms in to make it fall to the ground. If you cancel out of it, you can never use telekinesis on the cage during that session so you have to quit and retry, which is so annoying because I thought the game had glitched and you couldn't get 100% on that level. :(

Got two trophies on Buff Knight Advanced tonight. I know that I am a broken record, but I am too much into these randomizer challenges. I just finished a Link to the Past Randomizer and randomized a ROM file of Pokemon Soul Silver which made random Pokemon appear in the wild and you had to fight random trainer Pokemon who had random moves. I lost to Bugsy because his Level 18 Scyther was replaced by a Level 18 Vespiquen with Volt Tackle. :o (I know talking about emulated ROMS is iffy on game forums but this is the only way you can randomize your game - you run a ROM file of the game through a program that shuffles everything. I will not say more about this on this thread.)

Also, finished creating a second pyramid and working on a third. I want to get rid of a few games before September when Spyro Reginited Trilogy comes out. Anyone want to join in the SPYRO HYPE???? ?

EDIT: Created my third pyramid. I'll just put the lists of games and I will put the images of those new pyramids in my blog. I am going to cycle between these three pyramids JUST SO I CAN GET SOME PLATINUMS BEFORE AUGUST. Speedrunning challenges: You love them but you hate them because they pull you away from actual casual trophy hunting. :(

Spoiler

Pyramid 2: The Level-5 Catacombs (with a squirt of Final Fantasy and Mana sauce)

1. Dark Cloud 2

1. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch* (I'll have to sub to PS Now for a month or two but I can do it again)
  2. Rogue Galaxy

1. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  2. Secret of Mana* (PS4, I learned my lesson about playing the game on Vita after it hardlocked my system thrice)
  3. World of Final Fantasy

1. Adventures of Mana
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom*
  4. Reverie

* Yes, I do not currently own the game. I will have to either buy or rent these games and at the rate I am burning my bank account, I will have to re-sub to GameFly and just rent the games and focus on them 100% until they get the plat then return them. I know GameFly doesn't have a late fee but I feel horrible if I hang onto a rental for a month or more. :|

Pyramid 3: The Easy-Peasy Obelisk (Yes, Virginia, I know FFXIV is not that easy and it's a drag but it's either that or Monster Hunter World, which I was hoping to play for my upcoming 4th Pyramid. Yes, I have Monster Hunter World on my PS4 on another account. I don't really have that many Ultra Rare platinum games. Just Dragon Quest Heroes II, Dark Cloud 2, FFXIV, Monster Hunter World and Enter the Gungeon, and I really DESPISE Gungeon although I heard they updated the game to be a little more user-friendly for noobs like me with their Gungeons and Draguns update.)

1. Final Fantasy XIV

1. Disgaea 5
  2. Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories

1. Dragon Quest Builders
  2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  3. LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (now that they've finally added the final DLC, I can finally 100% it!)

1. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  2. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  3. Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
  4. LEGO City Undercover

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1