Floorkiller74

Serious trophy issues

9 posts in this topic

So, back around New Years, my PS3 seemingly lost the ability to synch trophies. For years, it was slow...but after about @20 min of synching, it would match up with PSN (It would still say it failed, but after 3-4 times it would show up server side). I tried all the stuff I could find on the internet, rebuilding the database, etc. Nothing worked. Finally, my Hard drive took a giant dump, and I lost all my games, dlc etc (I had many saves on cloud though). So, in March I finally replaced the HD with a brand new one- because I really wanted to knock out some of the KZ2 trophies before the server shutdown. Through march, everything seemed OK. Come April...and I can no longer synch up with PSN. Since The end of march, my PS3 had only synched one time, an overnight synch in early June. (All I did was add a bunch of 0%'s). 

 

So here is my problem, I have a PS3 with a brand new hard drive, 99% of which is empty because I haven't re-DL'ed anything. It can't synch trophies at all. I just spent 4 hours synching today...nothing. It's only synched 1 time (Overnight) in the last 3 months, I've left in to synch overnight since, saves will update, patch applied to games Ive added...but no trophies. 

 

I pulled out my barely used 2nd console. I can't synch up there either. Ex, Killzone still shows at 16%. I rebuilt it's database today, and spent a couple hours trying to synch, nothing. 

When it would synch back in the day, it would get to 10-12% than fail (But like I said, after a couple times it would synch) April/May it would get to 94% and fail, never synching. Ever since the overnight synch it's back to 10-12% but won't synch even after several hours of trying. 

 

My PS4 also has had serious trophy issues. I could only earn one at a time, before having to shut down the system...start again, earn another etc. (If I "earned" more than one in a sitting...they wouldn't pop. I was doing Neverwinter at the time, so If I accidently "earned" a 2nd trophy, I would have to shut down, restart, and earn it again (Kill one more giant, grab one more piece of lore, etc) I finally gave up and bought a new PS4. Since them, I've had no problems with the PS4....but can't so anything with either PS3. 

 

 

Am I completely done with the ability to earn PS3 trophies and have them synch up? A new HD and trying my second console indicate that buying another PS3 wouldn't work. Has anyone ever heard of any trophy problems this extreme? Anything I might have missed trying?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's your internet connection? I'd try maybe using an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi? I have had syncing issues when I was in college and either 1. There were too many people/devices on the WiFi or 2. It was just running slow. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a super common thing with PS3s. Just keep trying and eventually it will work. Even sometimes it will say it failed but PSNP will receive the trophy data.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

How's your internet connection? I'd try maybe using an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi? I have had syncing issues when I was in college and either 1. There were too many people/devices on the WiFi or 2. It was just running slow. 

 

 

I have a decent connection. Everything I do is wired, I've never even set up Wi-Fi  on my PS3 lol. I live alone, with nothing else running (Except my PC, but that's never been an issue before, and it's usually in hibernation) I usually have it at the other end of the house, but I brought it down here today and have it (Them, one at a time) directly hooked up to my modem. 

 

16 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

This is a super common thing with PS3s. Just keep trying and eventually it will work. Even sometimes it will say it failed but PSNP will receive the trophy data.

 

That the thing though...it did that for years, failing...but Sony (And PSNP) would still get the data after a couple attempts. Starting in 2018, it all stopped, except for the few weeks after I put in a brand new HD, and one night this month. I've literally let it synch over and over for 3 and 4 hours at a time, and nothing sychs up (did this probably 1-2 times a month, outside of march when it was working OK again)...Keep in mind I only have a few 0% "pending" 

 

Today I tried my main ps3 for 4 hours. Only my profile on that PS3. Nothing.

 

Loaded up my 2nd ps3, rebuilt that database, and tried synching for 2+ hours, nothing. My 2nd profile on that ps3 synchs up just fine.

Edited by Floorkiller74
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your trophylist on PS3 set to online mode or offline mode? 

To check: Press triangle on the trophies icon.

 

I set mine to offline mode ages ago, else it would try to download everything from the server so it could show PS4 and PSVita trophylists as well.

Problem is: When you have too many trophies, the PS3 can no longer handle it. Because of a lack of memory I presume.

In offline mode it would not longer sync my trophies while I'm ingame using the trophylist, but I don't care and you can still click on your own profile in the friendlist to get them synced when ingame.

 

When it syncs, it usually goes fast to a certain %, then slows down for a bit and then goes fast until the end. The % seems to depens on which game I'm playing, for game X it's around 30% and game Y around 80%. I guess it's just running through the list on the PS3 for recently updated games and when it actually has something to sync/check, it slows down a bit.

 

Edit: A first sync after installing a new HDD can take ages as well and it'll probably not sync everything back from PSN to your PS3.

Edited by Kolm
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. My trophies are set to offline mode, though I have tried online as well. Mine gets to 10-12% slowly, than loses connection to the PSN server, or simply states an error occurred. Again, my PlayStation has done this for years, but now, no matter how many times I try to sync it, it won't make it to PSN (Previously, If I did it 2-3 times it would still fail, but would end up syncing with PSN)

 

My new HD synced just fine for the 1st month, than stopped.

So, 2 months before new HD- no sync at all. New HD sync fine 1 month- 3 months since, only able to snyc once, overnight. 

 

My trophies have refused to sync for 5 of that last 6 months. Even if I sync them for hours on end. I've been very busy, so I would work on it every other Sat or so to try to figure it out. About a week and a half ago, some time freed up so I'm trying to resolve this. At this point, there is nothing I can do that I haven't tried...that why I was hoping someone here had something similar happen and be able to offer advice. I've tried everything that came up when I googled the problem, multiple times over. There are people here with tens of thousands of trophies, and way more games than me. Do they have these problems? 

 

Edited by Floorkiller74
clarification
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked your profile and you have about half of my trophies, but you have 3-4 times as many games... Maybe the number of games is a problem?

When it's syncing on my ps3, I can clearly see where the game I got a trophy in, is in the list of games that are being checked. Maybe deleting some PS3 0% games helps?

 

At the other hand... There's quite a lot of people with a lot more games, so that makes me wonder as well: Do they have the same problem? 

Edited by Kolm
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I checked your profile and you have about half of my trophies, but you have 3-4 times as many games... Maybe the number of games is a problem?

When it's syncing on my ps3, I can clearly see where the game I got a trophy in, is in the list of games that are being checked. Maybe deleting some PS3 0% games helps?

 

At the other hand... There's quite a lot of people with a lot more games, so that makes me wonder as well: Do they have the same problem? 

PS Now vs PS3 syncing is like night and day, so amount of games definitely makes it slower. PS Now just uses PS3 OS (for PS3 games obviously) and for me it syncs really fast, since I've played like 10 or so games on there, but my actual PS3 takes ages.

@Floorkiller74 I had issues with trophy data installing and syncing on my PS3 awhile back. I had to delete my user profile on the PS3 and then recreate it to fix the issue. Did you try this? This was the only thing I could do that work to fix the issue I was having.

Speaking of to anybody just in here reading, is there a way to reorder user profiles on PS3? Because it's now third on the list for my main and that sucks. Or do I have to just delete and recreate my EU/JP profiles to move them down?

Edited by Elvick_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kolm said:

 

When it's syncing on my ps3, I can clearly see where the game I got a trophy in, is in the list of games that are being checked. Maybe deleting some PS3 0% games helps?

 

At the other hand... There's quite a lot of people with a lot more games, so that makes me wonder as well: Do they have the same problem? 

 

 

I may try that (That's something I'd been thinking of, just haven't done) but really, there are people with more trophies earned than I have unearned. 

 

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

PS Now vs PS3 syncing is like night and day, so amount of games definitely makes it slower. PS Now just uses PS3 OS (for PS3 games obviously) and for me it syncs really fast, since I've played like 10 or so games on there, but my actual PS3 takes ages.

@Floorkiller74 I had issues with trophy data installing and syncing on my PS3 awhile back. I had to delete my user profile on the PS3 and then recreate it to fix the issue. Did you try this? This was the only thing I could do that work to fix the issue I was having.

Speaking of to anybody just in here reading, is there a way to reorder user profiles on PS3? Because it's now third on the list for my main and that sucks. Or do I have to just delete and recreate my EU/JP profiles to move them down?

 

 

Can't help you with your question...but I actually have not tried this. I'm going to try it this afternoon sometime and hope it works. Thank you :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.