Earthfall Trophy Thoughts

BTHRZeroX

• 2 weeks later...

Awful game.  I can't believe they had people owning and testing this game for an entire year and they don't have a better game mechanically.  You literally have to push in on L3 with all you got to sprint.  Let up on the pressure just a bit and you character pulls up and the enemy catches you from behind.  It is an absolute disaster.  I haven't experienced such a mechanical failure in a video game personally ever.  However, usually I make better more informed buying decisions.  the game play trailers look great.  don't let them fool you.  I want my 29.99 back.

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Awful game.  I can't believe they had people owning and testing this game for an entire year and they don't have a better game mechanically.  You literally have to push in on L3 with all you got to sprint.  Let up on the pressure just a bit and you character pulls up and the enemy catches you from behind.  It is an absolute disaster.  I haven't experienced such a mechanical failure in a video game personally ever.  However, usually I make better more informed buying decisions.  the game play trailers look great.  don't let them fool you.  I want my 29.99 back.

Disaster is a bit of a stretch.  Its not like pressing L3 is the hardest thing in the world.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Easy_Duhz_It_ said:

Disaster is a bit of a stretch.  Its not like pressing L3 is the hardest thing in the world.

No its no stretch because if the mechanics of a game are so bad you quit it 15 minutes into it it qualifies as a disaster.  Did i saying pressing?  It's a lot more effort than pressing.  Its holding it down with about 4 times the pressure you normally have to hold down L3 to sprint in most games.  Considering you are always being swarmed and chased and you constantly need to sprint it's Not fun but if you can't spot lousy game mechanics and control then this game suites you.  Have fun and enjoy!

Edited by steel6burgh

12 hours ago, Easy_Duhz_It_ said:

I have to agree with this. Whilst the controls aren't ideal, you do get used to them after a while and they're from being disaterously bad. IMO, the biggest problem is the A.I because it's passable at best and suicidal at worst - as well as being absolutely hopeless on the hardest difficulty.

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

No its no stretch because if the mechanics of a game are so bad you quit it 15 minutes into it it qualifies as a disaster.  Did i saying pressing?  It's a lot more effort than pressing.  Its holding it down with about 4 times the pressure you normally have to hold down L3 to sprint in most games.  Considering you are always being swarmed and chased and you constantly need to sprint it's Not fun but if you can't spot lousy game mechanics and control then this game suites you.  Have fun and enjoy!

I've been playing it and having plenty of fun.  I mean, if exerting a minute amount of "force" to sprint in a game is too much of a hassle for you, clearly this isn't the game you're looking for but again, disaster it is not.

Also, you're not always being chased if you clear areas and then move on.  If you're trying to sprint to the main objective right off the bat, of course you're gonna be swarmed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mob_skater said:

There’s an option to change the sprint so that you don’t have to hold it down. That was the first thing I did when I started the game. 

Yeah I always check for options like inversion and toggle sprint (This tends to be enabled by default usually but still worth double checking) before starting.  I also can't help but wonder if he doesn't realize there is stamina and you can't sprint unlimited ?

Edited by Hayabusa85

7 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Yeah I always check for options like inversion and toggle sprint (This tends to be enabled by default usually but still worth double checking) before starting.  I also can't help but wonder if he doesn't realize there is stamina and you can't sprint unlimited 1f914.png

Most people don't realize stuff like that or don't care. They just love to bitch about every game on this site it seems.

1 hour ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Yeah I always check for options like inversion and toggle sprint (This tends to be enabled by default usually but still worth double checking) before starting.  I also can't help but wonder if he doesn't realize there is stamina and you can't sprint unlimited 1f914.png

By the looks of his post, I'd be willing to bet he thinks sprint should be unlimited.  By having limited sprint, you're almost forced to play smart.  Apparently a lot of people don't do that anymore. Always save your stim-shots for when you absolutely need them, don't hit the ammo box until your rounds are at single digits and don't sprint when walking or jogging will suffice. If you waste the sprint before the swarm hits, you're screwed when you get surrounded.  And thats when people come to the forums to complain about "lousy game mechanics" when they should really complain about their own lack of foresight.

21 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Got the game today and have been enjoying it, but I don't know how possible Overwhelming difficulty will be solo/with bots. I can get halfway through the first mission then die. Maybe I need more practice though. 

So solo doesn’t seem doable? That’s mostly how I would play and was curious about the game. 

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

So solo doesn’t seem doable? That’s mostly how I would play and was curious about the game. 

I've completed 8/10 maps on overwhelming and needed 4 humans communicating to pull it off.

I don't think it's impossible to do solo but it would require a lot of luck (e.g. what boss spawns, what guns spawn, etc). That being said, I've tried both and I've only be able to beat it with human partners.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, eGEORGE_ said:

I've completed 8/10 maps on overwhelming and needed 4 humans communicating to pull it off.

I don't think it's impossible to do solo but it would require a lot of luck (e.g. what boss spawns, what guns spawn, etc). That being said, I've tried both and I've only be able to beat it with human partners.

does this game have matchmaking to find Co op partners? Or is it invite only?

10 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

It has matchmaking with search criteria so you can look for specific overwhelming maps if you need to.

You can also create public matches and hope people drop in.

I've joined matches where people send me party invites so we can chat to coordinate/strategize. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I've made it pretty far with the AI and/or limited partners. I got to the last part of the second mission with three AI and another run got there with another human plus two AI. Like a lot of things, it really depends on who you play with and what they do and what enemies spawn. Like, I've done runs where we kept getting big enemies to kill/have to slow down and eventually get overwhelmed and other runs where we don't fight a lot of big things. I can also tell you I don't think it does difficulty progression well. Like, I think the first mission is a lot harder than the second and fourth. 

12 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You can matchmake, but it isn't a good system. The issue is the game automatically goes to the first stage of the first chapter if no rooms are up, so a lot of times people will do any, end up making a room and then you'll need to either make a room on a stage you want or luck into one. It would be better if you could look at multiple rooms, but I digress. 

20 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Solo on Normal is doable. Solo on Overwhelming is impossible.  The AI is absolutely useless.  I can generally make it halfway to three quarters through any mission but once the real swarms hit, the AI can't stop tripping over itself.

3 hours ago, eGEORGE_ said:

It has matchmaking with search criteria so you can look for specific overwhelming maps if you need to.

You can also create public matches and hope people drop in.

I've joined matches where people send me party invites so we can chat to coordinate/strategize. 

Chat parties are the way to go.  The in game chat is messed up anyway

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...