Avoid this game (as of 6/28/2018)

Akimitsu782

Welp this patch just ruined everything for me.

I was 3 levels away from becoming level 65 and getting the final trophy but the patch jumped me to level 67 and the trophy didn't unlock.

Luckily i have a backed up save of me at level 62 but i have no way of removing the patch.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, monteblommie said:

but i have no way of removing the patch.

Is it possible to delete the game and re-download it, then when prompted to download the latest patch deny it? (You'll be forced to play offline - but should be able to play at an eariler version.)

I'm not currently playing this on console, but many other work-arounds for things like this exist on other games, maybe this one too? (Hopefully someone can verify if this works)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

Is it possible to delete the game and re-download it, then when prompted to download the latest patch deny it? (You'll be forced to play offline - but should be able to play at an eariler version.)

I'm not currently playing this on console, but many other work-arounds for things like this exist on other games, maybe this one too? (Hopefully someone can verify if this works)

I hope so but i am currently experimenting something different, i've loaded my level 62 save from the cloud and am currently dying over and over again in the hope of lowering the level jump to 65.

What i think has happened is that this patch is giving increased xp for quests already done but it only triggers when gaining xp so by dying a ton i should be able to lower the xp reward.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

You can with a retail copy if one exists but digital games come pre-patched on the PS4, thus you are stuck with the problem update :(.

31 minutes ago, monteblommie said:

I hope so but i am currently experimenting something different, i've loaded my level 62 save from the cloud and am currently dying over and over again in the hope of lowering the level jump to 65.

What i think has happened is that this patch is giving increased xp for quests already done but it only triggers when gaining xp so by dying a ton i should be able to lower the xp reward.

Using this technique i managed to lower myself to level 64.

Gained xp to level to 65 but the trophy doesn't trigger anyway.

Seems the trophy trigger itself is broken and the levelling past 65 isn't the reason it happens

Oh ffs. Can't they reward fans by fixing their game?

I have this in wrap waiting to be played, but if I read this... I'm afraid to even start.

I hope they fix this soon, or I'll blacklist them on my personal list of 'DO NOT BUY THEIR GAMES' :|

• 3 weeks later...

The latest patch, 1.04, cleared up my problem.  I was stuck on the very last story quest.  I beat Hades, but the portal wouldn't generate for me to finish the game.  In the new patch I was able to beat Hades and finally move on.  I don't know about any other issues people are having, but broken story missions may be fixed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, trixter123 said:

thanks for the info almost bought it in this sale

Well, me too, but at the same time it seems some issues cleared up with the 1.04 patch? Does anyone know how the game is today? This topic is quite old by now I mean.

Also, it seems patch 1.05 was released last week: Reddit link. I'll read that thread to see how things look.

Edit: Seems the game is still broken with the latest patch. A real shame, I put a lot of hours into this game on PC years ago, would love to replay a good version with trophies on my PS4.

Edited by TheRealCincaid

3 hours ago, apfelpuffer said:

I am in act three at the moment and there were no freezes until now. Yes, it is a bit laggy and buggy and there are some pop ups but no game killing error so far. I am playing the store version of TQ with the normal PS4. 

I hope you have no problems with inventory

For what I know the last patch release last week destroyed the looting purpose of the game making disappear what is in the stash.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:08 PM, apfelpuffer said:

I am in act three at the moment and there were no freezes until now. Yes, it is a bit laggy and buggy and there are some pop ups but no game killing error so far. I am playing the store version of TQ with the normal PS4. 

I'm only at act two so far, but so far there were hardly any problems.

The game didn't freeze one and the little bugs weren't gamebreaking in the slightest.

For example: One of my two summoned wolves would disappear and needed to be re-summoned; in Egypt some items of sepulchers aren't reachable; minor points only really.

None of items disappeared, the game didn't freeze, quests would pop up so far, ...

I'm really enjoying the game and am looking forward to playing it again tomorrow.

I know I am a bit slow, but I am in the last chapter and again there are no issues so far. No freezes and just a few bugs. Still enjoying :)

Update: First playthrough is done. And as I said before, nothing really game killing. No freeze no shutdown, only some lags and bugs. Maybe all the patches are working. 

Edited by apfelpuffer
  • Like 1

I'm even slower ;)

I'm somewhere around the middle (I guess) of the last act, and the game froze only once me (and it's not the only game that does it once in a while) after I played it non-stop for longer than I care to admit ;)

And I finally figured out a few moments after my last post, that I was just being dumb and all items could be grabbed, including those of the sepulchers.

Still, like apfelpuffer (interesting name, btw. Now I'm hungry :P ), I'm enjoying the game very much and spending way too much time with it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another update: For singleplayer the game works pretty well. No freezes just a few bugs. But for multiplayer that's far another story. I couldn't play for more than 20 minutes wthout getting kicked out or the game freezing. This is horrible especially because multiplayer is the perfect way to level up. The progress here is conspicuously faster than in singleplayer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.06.2018 at 9:50 PM, monteblommie said:

Using this technique i managed to lower myself to level 64.

Gained xp to level to 65 but the trophy doesn't trigger anyway.

Seems the trophy trigger itself is broken and the levelling past 65 isn't the reason it happens

New patch fixes this issue.

6 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

Is the trophy are now glitch free yet?

i see the game on bundle and may interest if it is platable now.

I would say yes. Offline there are no game breaking bugs so far. The issues with the missing portals after the boss fights in every act are solved. I played online yesterday and even there seems to be a few improvements regarding the server stability. 

• Like 2