Avoid this game (as of 6/28/2018)

Akimitsu782

1 hour ago, apfelpuffer said:

I would say yes. Offline there are no game breaking bugs so far. The issues with the missing portals after the boss fights in every act are solved. I played online yesterday and even there seems to be a few improvements regarding the server stability. 

This seems like I'll give the game a go as I just got it via humble bundle and loved the game back in the days on PC. Reading sooo much negative about it kinda lowered my passion to put 100+h into it, but now I guess I'll give it a try.

4 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

This seems like I'll give the game a go as I just got it via humble bundle and loved the game back in the days on PC. Reading sooo much negative about it kinda lowered my passion to put 100+h into it, but now I guess I'll give it a try.

is the game 100h to plat??

by the way the bundle also has Black Mirror which alsso pretty easy platinum. so it is worth it just for 2 games alone. Battle Chaser i heard is also good and a bit time consume platunum but doable.

20 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

is the game 100h to plat??

by the way the bundle also has Black Mirror which alsso pretty easy platinum. so it is worth it just for 2 games alone. Battle Chaser i heard is also good and a bit time consume platunum but doable.

"Easily, EASILY, over 100 hours. No question about it." (Quote from playstationtrophies.com)

Already done Black Mirror. If you keep track of the missible trophies (might contain very minor spoilers) you should be done in around 4-5h. Crashed for me once and the game is a bit clunky with kinda bad graphics and animations, but the voice acting (especially in german) is really good.

I got Battle Chasers a couple of month ago and it's a really great game even if you're not going for the plat.

Titan Quest was my favorite game on the PC, and I would say that yes it is 100+h to plat, it kind of depends how lucky you get with your drops and which classes you pick though. You essentially have to beat the game 3 times and the campaign is 20-30 hours on normal mode? On legendary you will die A LOT, sometimes in 1-2 hits. PC had a lot more control on kiting abilities, so I'm guessing the later boss fights will be much more difficult on PS4 and require quite a bit more grinding to be able to take more than 1 hit from the boss

On 6/28/2018 at 7:36 PM, Akimitsu782 said:

Titan Quest is an action RPG, in similar vein to Diablo and those types, that was initially released 10+ years ago on the PC. Fast forward and you have an updated version and DLC that was released on the PC in 2016/2017 (or somewhere around there), with a console port not long after that. However, the problem with the console ports is that they are riddled with bugs. I thought single-player was safe, as I don't recall too many bugs, but multiplayer (which a lot of people would want to use) brought forth a load of problems, like crashes, extreme lag/slowdown, among others. So, after a few months, a new patch was added on 6/27/2018 and it brought even more problems for people. Crashes still occur (which this patch was supposed to solve), people having problems even downloading the patch, quests disappearing or not working properly, characters unable to use equipment they were using prior to the patch, and characters even mysteriously jumping in levels, sometimes over trophy triggers and not receiving the trophy.

This port was done by Black Forest Games, the company that brought us the "wonderful" Bubsy revival, but it looks like no QA was done for this patch or the game in general, because the problems that were there before are pretty blatant. In short, avoid this game (at least for now) and don't bother with it until they fix these problems (if they ever do).

Thats a bummer, i just bought it in the humble bundle. 

Played after the last patch, got a platinum with just 3 blue screens, 2 of them happened in multiplayer. Luckily, the game wasn't saving at these moments so save data wasn't corrupted.

One big tip I can give to those who play solo is to use Scroll of Maddened God on bosses, it will tank anything for you without dying while you can just attack in the back. You need high basic dps to kill bosses during its 25 sec duration, over 3k in Legendary. Most of bosses like Cerberus and Hades are very easy if you max out their respective resistance to 80% and use Regeneration builds (over 100 health per second).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 5:13 AM, Silencer0004 said:

"Easily, EASILY, over 100 hours. No question about it." (Quote from playstationtrophies.com)

Already done Black Mirror. If you keep track of the missible trophies (might contain very minor spoilers) you should be done in around 4-5h. Crashed for me once and the game is a bit clunky with kinda bad graphics and animations, but the voice acting (especially in german) is really good.

I got Battle Chasers a couple of month ago and it's a really great game even if you're not going for the plat.

Ha ha! That was quoted from me. Hell yeah, man, easily over 100 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

On 27/02/2019 at 2:00 AM, ShadowStar83x said:

Wouldn't get my hopes up.

Well i got the trophy now. 

Its been like this you must collect the amount of EXP for level 65 if you jump the exp by update you will lost the trophy for sure. 

So if the game did update and you got all thoses free exp you are done just make a new character. 

Edited by NykyLeonHeart

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5.2.2020 at 4:32 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Is the game still so bad?

No, there are no major issues since the game was patched to version 1.08 late 2018. Since then several updates have been released and the performance, especially in online multiplayer, has been improved to a pretty good level.

Aside from one blue screen somewhere in the middle of the Hades campaing in my first playthrough (single player) there were no problems worth mentioning. The update history speaks for itself. They gave this game a grand health potion.

Edited by Swithop