1 hour ago, Fidel said:

777; now I wish 7 games was an option. :P I've whittled my list in that other event down to just 4 unstarted games, so I'd have to think of a 5th. :hmm: I have a few very good candidates, though. 

There's Resistance 2, which has an unobtainable Plat with the servers shutdown. GTA V, which seems to take a very long time to Plat (let alone 100%), if I even made it that far. Or Bloodborne, which would be my first ever SoulsBorne game, and I expect to die. A lot. :/ Maybe I'll put it to a vote in a status update..

But my full list would look something like this:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Fallout Shelter

3. The Talos Principle

4. One Piece: Unlimited World Red

5. Resistance 2/Grand Theft Auto V/Bloodborne

... I would actually join in on playing 7 games, I think.

Also, Bloodborne is not as tough as people make it out to be. It's very fair, and not too difficult after passing the first hurdle.

Also, The Talos Principle is great.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fidel said:

777; now I wish 7 games was an option. :P I've whittled my list in that other event down to just 4 unstarted games, so I'd have to think of a 5th. :hmm: I have a few very good candidates, though. 

There's Resistance 2, which has an unobtainable Plat with the servers shutdown. GTA V, which seems to take a very long time to Plat (let alone 100%), if I even made it that far. Or Bloodborne, which would be my first ever SoulsBorne game, and I expect to die. A lot. :/ Maybe I'll put it to a vote in a status update..

But my full list would look something like this:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Fallout Shelter

3. The Talos Principle

4. One Piece: Unlimited World Red

5. Resistance 2/Grand Theft Auto V/Bloodborne

I'd honestly cut Resistance 2 from the choices. It's a good game (if you enjoy FPS), but the most fun was the online with friends (this is coming from someone who fucking hates online modes in general). With that part gone, it'll be a fairly short and potentially less enjoyable experience.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

9 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

... I would actually join in on playing 7 games, I think.

Also, Bloodborne is not as tough as people make it out to be. It's very fair, and not too difficult after passing the first hurdle.

Also, The Talos Principle is great.

If 7 was an option, I could just throw on all 3. Lol.

And yeah, Bloodborne probably won't seem so bad, after some of the games I've Platinumed. But I still expect many deaths. :/ 

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'd honestly cut Resistance 2 from the choices. It's a good game (if you enjoy FPS), but the most fun was the online with friends (this is coming from someone who fucking hates online modes in general). With that part gone, it'll be a fairly short and potentially less enjoyable experience.

Most FPS games are like that for me, though. Usually just play through the campaigns, and then quickly try to get the online over with. With the online gone, I won't even have to worry about that part. I did play the first game, Burning Skies, and the one on the PSP, and liked them well enough. So, I'd like to play through 2 and 3 as well. But it's currently in last in the poll, so it might not matter. xD

Edit: But it got a ton of votes since then, and is now in first. :blink:

Edited by Fidel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fidel said:

If 7 was an option, I could just throw on all 3. Lol.

And yeah, Bloodborne probably won't seem so bad, after some of the games I've Platinumed. But I still expect many deaths. :/ 

Most FPS games are like that for me, though. Usually just play through the campaigns, and then quickly try to get the online over with. With the online gone, I won't even have to worry about that part. I did play the first game, Burning Skies, and the one on the PSP, and liked them well enough. So, I'd like to play through 2 and 3 as well. But it's currently in last in the poll, so it might not matter. xD

Bloodborne, every time. Seriously though the game is amazing. I will personally assure you that you will get the plat as long as you don't completely walk away. I've helped 3 or 4 guys finish off the chalice dungeons and probably 30 random guys with individual bosses. I still play the game almost every week for an hour or so just because it's so good. 

I played Resistance 1 when I got my ps3 and it seemed decent. Resistance 2 just wasn't a ds good for some reason and i stopped playing after about 2 hours, long before I cared about trophies. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Bloodborne, every time. Seriously though the game is amazing. I will personally assure you that you will get the plat as long as you don't completely walk away. I've helped 3 or 4 guys finish off the chalice dungeons and probably 30 random guys with individual bosses. I still play the game almost every week for an hour or so just because it's so good. 

I played Resistance 1 when I got my ps3 and it seemed decent. Resistance 2 just wasn't a ds good for some reason and i stopped playing after about 2 hours, long before I cared about trophies. 

:o Wow. I don't think that any game has kept me coming back that long. Lol. Maybe before the 360/PS3 generation. But after that, I just started buying games faster than I could finish them, and rarely return to any. 

Hmm.. Well, I hope it's not the same for me, 'cause Resistance is now winning. :lol: I don't think it will take me very long to get through, though, even if I end up not liking it. May as well drop the poll link here, too: https://www.strawpoll.me/15987749 

Probably going to give it 24 hours, which may run long if I'm not awake at 3 A.M. again. :/

34 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Quickly glancing over all the games the have been picked so far, this might be the first KYC in which no one is playing the same game as someone else.

I could change that. Almost every list has a game I also could play. :P

Also I have both Utawarerumono games so I'm eager to see what you think about it.

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I could change that. Almost every list has a game I also could play. :P

Also I have both Utawarerumono games so I'm eager to see what you think about it.

I only got the one that's on my list, as it was fairly cheap (around 12€ new). Don't really know much about the series, but it looked interesting enough for me to be willing to give it a go. A bit worried that I might be lost in the story, as this one is apparently the sequel.

The only game I'm somewhat skeptical about is The Solus Project. Here's to hoping that it ain't a walking sim without content.

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I only got the one that's on my list, as it was fairly cheap (around 12€ new). Don't really know much about the series, but it looked interesting enough for me to be willing to give it a go. A bit worried that I might be lost in the story, as this one is apparently the sequel.

The only game I'm somewhat skeptical about is The Solus Project. Here's to hoping that it ain't a walking sim without content.

The same for me. I got both cheap as well and picked them up because they looked interesting.

I know nothing about the games at all that's why I'm eager to read your opinion on the one you are playing.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Quickly glancing over all the games the have been picked so far, this might be the first KYC in which no one is playing the same game as someone else.

I almost put Fe on my list, but I'm saving it for a different event that's starting in a couple months.

14 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I almost put Fe on my list, but I'm saving it for a different event that's starting in a couple months.

That's another game I don't know all too much about. I think I saw it during a recent E3 showcase (maybe a year or two ago), and it looked visually stunning. I tried to avoid checking out actual gameplay as I know that the game is fairly short, so I didn't want my experience to get spoiled.

It's kind of neat though, that there may actually be only a single review for each game. Even though it's cool comparing opinions and impressions, more often than not they tend to be similar. Although mine and @Fidel's tend to clash occasionally :P

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thinking of joining this time around and was planning on doing some games that were also on your list..

So I should rethink my games then :P

48 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

Thinking of joining this time around and was planning on doing some games that were also on your list..

So I should rethink my games then :P

How dare you! :P

It's all good man, pick whichever games you feel like playing ;) .You should definitely join either way though, the more the merrier.

• Like 1