16 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

The game looks fun :) might put it on a check it out list :)

It's been on sale every now and again for about half price. I hope you have good orientation skills though, or you'll be lost a lot while trying to find collectibles in the cave area :P .

19 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

:S Why? is it unobtainable now? Thought it was pretty easy to run through Crota's End on easiest level with a pack of 400 light super dudes?

Hmm might be easy, was better to have done it when it was still the old raid. 

But yeah you could probably still do it with a group of 400 light, still that is probably the hardest trophie in game.. 

11 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's been on sale every now and again for about half price. I hope you have good orientation skills though, or you'll be lost a lot while trying to find collectibles in the cave area :P .

Oh orientation, I would like to say I'm not terrible but I think that when it count's and it's a bit late I will mess it up a lot lol.. 

@Ezio Auditore, nice review! I have the first one and stopped myself from grabbing this one last Christmas because I still have the first one... Sounds like I made the right decision.

Also, I agree with your viewpoint on microtransactions as well. If you don't want them in games, then don't pay for them. It takes a collective effort to make a change, but it always starts with one person.

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Ezio Auditore, nice review! I have the first one and stopped myself from grabbing this one last Christmas because I still have the first one... Sounds like I made the right decision.

Well, as I said I should have liked Shadow Of War and don't know why I didn't like it... If you haven't played through Shadow Of Mordor yet, it's really worth giving a try.

On 7/14/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ezio Auditore said:

Guess I need to call in @MosesRockefeller, who I know is right now loving Legends as much as I am. :)

Personally I think Origins was a good return to form but Legends is amazing. I think the level design is great, the music is excellent en there's loads of variation in the game. I especially like it when the music synchs up with the movements (or the other way around) in the final level of each world.

Dis it if you want, but in my opinion Rayman Legends is one of the best platformers in the past decade. That it's not super tough is not a big downside for me, I git my challenge elsewhere. Rayman Legends is clean good fun, and its speed and level design help in keeping it fun for me.

I didn't play the original Rayman so I can't compare. I didn't own a PS1 (at the time I was a PC-only gamer), and the only PS1 game I've managed to play through in the modern era is Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

But Origins and Legends are great, with Legends honing the good stuff from Origins into an awesome package. Rayman Legends is widely considered the best 2D platformer of the past decade. I can't speak for MMDE, but I would imagine if I platinumed both games (and Legends twice), I would be sick of them like just about every game I've Platinumed. That's why I'm glad I don't play them that way, but instead play them for simple enjoyment.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #6 - Need for Speed - Preview

Lb4de3e.png

Expectation:

I expect this one to give me some proper tuning options again, as it's been a while. The story will be cringeworthy as fuck, that's pretty much a given. If the music is like most of the other NFS games, I'll probably end up hating it. So I*m already mentally preparing for that.

I played this in one of the recent KYC events. The story is absolutely F'ing  abysmal. A helpful way to get through the excruciating cut scenes is to keep track of which character you would like to sucker punch the most. Spike is the obvious target but Amy probably won out in the end for me. 

There are just a couple "online" trophies, which aren't very hard and don't require other players. One is completing daily challenges, I think there's three per day. The other is doing enough missions to rank up to a certain level in a one-month span. Similar to the other trophy, but with a time limit. The last one is dlc though, and it can be skipped as it would take close to 100 hours to 100% the game. Dlc trophies include "prestige" requirements. ?

14 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I played this in one of the recent KYC events. The story is absolutely F'ing  abysmal. A helpful way to get through the excruciating cut scenes is to keep track of which character you would like to sucker punch the most. Spike is the obvious target but Amy probably won out in the end for me. 

There are just a couple "online" trophies, which aren't very hard and don't require other players. One is completing daily challenges, I think there's three per day. The other is doing enough missions to rank up to a certain level in a one-month span. Similar to the other trophy, but with a time limit. The last one is dlc though, and it can be skipped as it would take close to 100 hours to 100% the game. Dlc trophies include "prestige" requirements. 1f62d.png

I've already started zoning out whenever the cutscenes happen, as it's just drivel. Funnily enough, I've only just realised, that I got a trophy from the 1st DLC. Must've been free at some point or been added automatically, as it's not a genre I'd ever buy DLC for.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I've already started zoning out whenever the cutscenes happen, as it's just drivel. Funnily enough, I've only just realised, that I got a trophy from the 1st DLC. Must've been free at some point or been added automatically, as it's not a genre I'd ever buy DLC for.

Yeah, I started unlocking them randomly as well. I think the digital version off the Playstation Store automatically includes all dlc.

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Yeah, I started unlocking them randomly as well. I think the digital version off the Playstation Store automatically includes all dlc.

Oddly enough I've got the physical version and it also seems to have them xD .

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

First Impressions

Lf4c693.png

Claire (Vita)

Current Time Played: ~2 Hours
Current Game Completion: 42% for A Rank (8/16)

Not much to this game, but I'm enjoying the story so far. 
You basically just traverse a maze of hallways by going through doors, pipes,and vents while sometimes avoiding ghostly figures. The goal is to try to figure out what is happening/has happened to Claire.

Apparently the Vita version requires 2 play throughs versus the PS4 which only requires one. The difference is that certain collectibles are counted as "items" in the PS4 version whereas they aren't counted as "items" in the Vita version-- the Nightmare Difficulty does not give you enough "true" items to get the trophy for items in the Vita. Hence two playthroughs-- one on normal (for items trophy) and one on Nightmare (for a difficulty trophy).

Starting Completion: 92.16%
Last Reported Completion: 92.00%
Current Completion: 91.33% (-0.83 / -0.67)

For me there were a couple of other major differences between both versions. The Vita version runs considerably worse and it has a bug that requires you to quit the game in order to fix it. Whenever I died in the Vita version, my "interact" button would stop working and instead it would be bound to jumping.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1