I went back and finished the story for Awakened Fate Ultimatum, from the 3rd KYC. I think my opinion didn't change much from back then. I still dislike the movement system (enemies move when you move= and enemy variety is a bit lacking. Navigating the labyrinth is so much easier once you find a specific ring as it shows you where the exit to the next floor is. It's an OK game overall.

I still have to do the post game dungeons and a 2nd playthrough as well as finding a bunch of items I'm still missing. I might still wrap up the post game dungeons and then take a break from this.

• Like 1

I ended up pushing through and got the plat in Awakened Fate Ultimatum. The game was alright until the item grind started, which took me over 20 hours to get all the items needed. Gotta love RNG nonsense...

That leaves me with 14 games out of 66 to go back to. Namely:

• One Piece: Unlimited World Red
  • Transistor
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias
  • Trine Enchanted Edition
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
  • Okami HD
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
  • Tales of Berseria
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, Hemiak said:

I know another guy who dropped out after a while too. I know it's going to be a ton of work but it's for my family so hopefully I can stick it out. 

I'm studying Digital Forensics. I have an undergraduate CSCI degree, but I've been out of the field for 15 years. It was a ton of work the first two weeks to get caught up and derust some of the old skills. It also took a bit to get used to the whole online program routine. 

Hope you don't mind the very late response.

I used to love the Forensic Files television show that was on semi-regularly. Always found it interesting how those scientists were able to track down those very delicate details that would lead to the criminal.

Most of the crime cases covered on the show dated back to the 1990s and early - mid 2000s. This was before the smartphone starting taking over. Cases would often take several months if not years to figure out, today with thanks to our powerful computers and smartphones I would think such crimes and investigations take a lot less time because technology is much more advanced now than it was 20 - 30 years ago.

I personally think criminals simply can't get away with as much as they used to. A criminal doing what Jeffrey Dahmer did back in the 1990s would be next to impossible now because of our heightened awareness to security, and our smartphones being able to record any sort of crime footage that can be used as evidence to put a sentence on a murderer or criminal in court.

It's interesting to me that the crime world is starting to shift more towards digital hacking instead of just standard crimes. Obviously that is a study that is probably outside the world of Forensics, but I haven't seen the Forensic Files show in a long time or have studying how people work in Forensics now. Technology has certainly helped tremendously.

Edited by Spaz