12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I put in a couple of hours so far into Yakuza 5 and must say that I really like what I'm seeing so far. I'll get a few more hours on it though this weekend and put in my full review then, but so far, I'm a fan. I've never played a Yakuza game, so this is a new experience for me. 

I did earn a trophy and effectively killed my completion! :)

I'll look forward thinking about getting that game myself.. 

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It seems to be a rather typical thing to dislike the main male character of a Final Fantasy, at least for me. From those I (partially) played (1, 2, 4 to 10, Type-0 HD) I only "enjoyed" Squall from 8 and even he was a whiner and I only liked him somehow because he was the lone wolf of the group.

You might like the boys of XV. Noct kind of grows on you, Gladio and Ignis are badass, and Prompto... eh... they can't all be great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fidel said:

Anyways, I'll likely give it a full review (and Horizon a final one) in a couple of days. I should invite someone to my game, and see what the results are. Will they actually help, or stab me in the back? :P

I always got help in Bloodborne. However, in the DLC area, I always got nothing. 

Edited by Toogie53

7 hours ago, Lars said:

I hope i can still participate because i really enjoyed the last time i participated.

You're pretty late but @Hemiak seems to be pretty lenient at the moment and let me join technically late as well. I mean since you've only picked 5 games, you'd still have around 2 days before your first review would be due, so I think you've got an alright chance of being allowed to join, at least for being 5 days late, that is. :P

The voting for my racing game slot ends in less than 28 hours, by the way. Looks like I'll be playing MotorStorm, though it's still pretty close so the tables may still be turned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

You might like the boys of XV. Noct kind of grows on you, Gladio and Ignis are badass, and Prompto... eh... they can't all be great.

I already thought about giving it a try. Thanks to Type-0 I could at least try the one demo which they released back in 2015. I know that they did some major changes in the mean time but I guess it's good enough to get a first impression, especially of the battle system. 

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

I already thought about giving it a try. Thanks to Type-0 I could at least try the one demo which they released back in 2015. I know that they did some major changes in the mean time but I guess it's good enough to get a first impression, especially of the battle system. 

Only suggestion I have is to wait 5 years... or until FFVII's remaster is released. I have a feeling that DLC for XV will finally stopped being released once they have VII to release DLC for xD 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Only suggestion I have is to wait 5 years... or until FFVII's remaster is released. I have a feeling that DLC for XV will finally stopped being released once they have VII to release DLC for xD 

:lol:

I have so many unfinished games that sit there around 1% to 20% that those whole DLCs of FF XV wouldn't change my completion rate too much. But waiting would still be a good idea so I will have enough time (and motivation) to finsih all those RPGs that are still on my Pile of Shame. <_<

Edited by Crimson Idol

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

:lol:

I have so many unfinished games that sit there around 1% to 20% that those whole DLCs of FF XV wouldn't change my completion rate too much. But waiting would still be a good idea so I will have enough time (and motivation) to finsih all those RPGs that are still on my Pile of Shame. :blush:

Even if completion isn't something you worry about, it's probably still best for your wallet. The Royal Edition that was released a couple months ago included everything from the base game, all season pass DLC, and a new pack of DLC. So instead of buying three separate items, you only had to buy one at a much lower price point.

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Even if completion isn't something you worry about, it's probably still best for your wallet. The Royal Edition that was released a couple months ago included everything from the base game, all season pass DLC, and a new pack of DLC. So instead of buying three separate items, you only had to buy one at a much lower price point.

That's a good argument.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYC 777 Game No. 1

Battle of the Bulge

Lefddd6.png

Thanks for the review.  This looks like an interesting game that I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.  Board games or video games that are heavily inspired from then do have a certain charm.  Although, they don't seem to do very well with most gamers.  I guess it's probably the randomness (dice).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eigen-space said:

How dare you! Prompto is the best! :D He's the one that grew the most on me. I used to think he was pretty meh at the beginning of the story but now I think I like him even more than Ignis

@Crimson Idol Djidane from FFIX is one of my favourites. You should try that one :)

Edited by Myu

Badgers?! We don't need no stinking badgers!! My game #2 is Gravity Badgers for Vita. A lot like Angry Birds only in space and instead of destroying buildings and killing pigs your objective is flinging badgers into the wormhole to progress to the next level, ideally making a path that picks up the levels 3 shiny orbs. Humid, thunderstorm days are good days for the Vita. The small screen puts out less heat and I'm not concerned about power outages.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Myu said:

Djidane from FFIX is one of my favourites. You should try that one :)

I already played FF9 back in 2001, or 2002 and it's one of my favorite Final Fantasys. Don't like Zidane much, but Freya, Vivi and Amarant Coral are my favorite chars. Heck, I even like Quina Quen more than Zidane. :D 

22 hours ago, dmland12 said:

Thanks for the review.  This looks like an interesting game that I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.  Board games or video games that are heavily inspired from then do have a certain charm.  Although, they don't seem to do very well with most gamers.  I guess it's probably the randomness (dice).

Thanks! For $10, I think it's worth playing. I looked into the developer, Slitherine, and it looks like they have a dozen or so titles on Steam. All of them have the same military board game premise, and some look better than others. 

Also, they have also released another game on PS4 called Drive to Moscow. Looks like the same thing, except you're trading Shermans for T-34s. Nobody has platted it on PSNProfiles so if you're looking for a milestone, go for it! I hope they continue to port games over, ala Artifex Mundi. 

• Like 1

Into the 3rd level of Gravity Badgers. It's the perfect game to play while simultaneously tending to my Fallout Shelter, waiting for those 50 raider attacks before I grow my population any further. I've already had 2 different friends on psn message me like "Lol, Gravity Badgers wtf?" :awesome:

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@eigen-space, I played that game on my cousin's Xbox and it's definitely fun to play with friends. I thought the trophies would be easy, but the RNG gods have to be on your side for this plat!

Did you know RNGesus was an actual guy that you could pray to? Maybe he can perform miracles but I'm certainly not donating to his "church" of mass Metal Slime slaughter.

• Like 2