@Cthulhu I've only played 2 of them. I'd probably give the nod to Transistor over Magrunner. The latter isn't a bad puzzle game, but the story wasn't all that memorable from what I recall. I preferred Bastion's combat over Transistor's, but it's still a very solid game. I need to get Pyre. 

Got the Plat for Bloodborne. Do I play Fallout Shelter for 2 days, or start another game? :hmm: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

@Cthulhu I've only played 2 of them. I'd probably give the nod to Transistor over Magrunner. The latter isn't a bad puzzle game, but the story wasn't all that memorable from what I recall. I preferred Bastion's combat over Transistor's, but it's still a very solid game. I need to get Pyre. 

MagRunner is actually the one game I played before (five or six years ago, on X360), thought it was brilliant back then. It's on my KYC list mostly so I can see if it holds up to how I remember it.

Transistor should take me less than eight hours to play through story-wise so it's a good contender for a starting game. Done before the weekend so I can hit the ground running.

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

Got the Plat for Bloodborne. Do I play Fallout Shelter for 2 days, or start another game? :hmm: 

Start another game! Also, well done on Bloodborne. Need to get back to that one now that I have it digitally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

MagRunner is actually the one game I played before (five or six years ago, on X360), thought it was brilliant back then. It's on my KYC list mostly so I can see if it holds up to how I remember it.

Transistor should take me less than eight hours to play through story-wise so it's a good contender for a starting game. Done before the weekend so I can hit the ground running.

I thought it was a cool game, but not as good as Portal in the storytelling department. With possibly bad voice acting? I don't know, it's been awhile.. And yeah, Transistor is pretty short.

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

Start another game! Also, well done on Bloodborne. Need to get back to that one now that I have it digitally.

I probably should. Two whole days with Fallout Shelter doesn't sound like fun. :lol: And thanks. :) Some parts of those Chalice dungeons were something else.. 

Edited by DamagingRob

@eigen-space as a point-and-click afficionado myself, I ran into the same issues as you. I also recall her getting stuck in the environment constantly and some of the point-and-clicky actions being a bit imprecise. The speedrun isn't all that difficult either as the time given is more than enough (I also believe pausing will stop the timer for it, but I'm not entirely sure about that).

So, my starting stats for the event. Feast your eyes on my trophy list, I'm probably making it private again in between KYC777 and KYC L8.

KYC7 Starting Stats:

Completion percentage: 49,64%

Trophies won: 7.098

Unearned trophies: 5.702

Games played: 376

7 hours ago, Lars said:

#Game 1: God of War

L88f3a6.png

i didn't even need to play it this much to be able to see that this game is absolutely brilliant.

Hope you'll find it brilliant by the end. Personally, I thought it was very overrated, mediocre at best and a step back in everything compared to GOW2-GOW3 except for graphics and Kratos' voice actor.

12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@eigen-space as a point-and-click afficionado myself, I ran into the same issues as you. I also recall her getting stuck in the environment constantly and some of the point-and-clicky actions being a bit imprecise. The speedrun isn't all that difficult either as the time given is more than enough (I also believe pausing will stop the timer for it, but I'm not entirely sure about that).

I haven't found that she gets stuck per se, but sometimes it feels like she should be moving forward but it's not a valid "path", or exiting to a different screen requires a very precise exit point.

I hope the pause button works on the speed run.... otherwise I wasted time while eating dinner and writing my review xD

11 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I haven't found that she gets stuck per se, but sometimes it feels like she should be moving forward but it's not a valid "path", or exiting to a different screen requires a very precise exit point.

I hope the pause button works on the speed run.... otherwise I wasted time while eating dinner and writing my review xD

Well, I've go good news for you then. The guide on .org says it pauses the timer ;) .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vin_rob said:

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

L5ed323.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

So A king’s tale is more of a platformer then a normal final fantasy JRPG.
Your father will tell a “bedtime “story to Noctis.

So here is where the playing will commence, you play as the father trough some missions with some tutorials in there as well. You learn how to do some “cool” combo’s.  And wait are those the parents of your companions in FF XV? I think they are. You can do special link attacks with them if your combo is high enough.

There are a view missions non to hard I played in on the “hardest” difficulty there was. Normal -.-‘ For 1 of the trophies I actually had to die on purpose..

After the main story there is a dream battle mode or something like that. These are battle’s with enemy’s with a special requirement what can earn you a star.

There is a star for every dream battle.

I had fun with the game, got all trophies for it.
100% no platinum.

Completion after the game 63.14%

It's actually a bedtime story about the king, Noctis' father, and his retinue kicking ass when they were younger. There's even young Cid in there :D

I was fairly disappointed with this game, didn't even finish the dream battles because I got bored to death. I'll have to get back to it eventually.

8 hours ago, vin_rob said:

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

I had fun with this game and appreciated that they gave it away for free to everyone after it was a promo drop for FF15 pre-orders (?). Think my biggest gripe is that I wish it was named Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale so that it would sort beside FFXV. Minor I know but come on Square, you guys should know better then anybody that there's a large overlap between RPG fans and OCD people. :awesome:

Let's not even open the can of worms that is the fact that roman numerals don't hold the correct ordinance when sorted alphabetically. Looking at you FF IX! :angry:

Edited by Metal Slime King

14 hours ago, Myu said:

It's actually a bedtime story about the king, Noctis' father, and his retinue kicking ass when they were younger. There's even young Cid in there :D

I was fairly disappointed with this game, didn't even finish the dream battles because I got bored to death. I'll have to get back to it eventually.

I'm sorry i didn't specify that IT was so. My bad can you forgive me? 

Yeah it was pretty anoying at the end but i forced myself in the end lol.. 

13 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I had fun with this game and appreciated that they gave it away for free to everyone after it was a promo drop for FF15 pre-orders (?). Think my biggest gripe is that I wish it was named Final Fantasy XV: A King's Tale so that it would sort beside FFXV. Minor I know but come on Square, you guys should know better then anybody that there's a large overlap between RPG fans and OCD people. :awesome:

Let's not even open the can of worms that is the fact that roman numerals don't hold the correct ordinance when sorted alphabetically. Looking at you FF IX! :angry:

Yeah when i heard there was a bonus only game stop users hot i was anoyed.. and when it was free got it waited a while befor I started to play lol. 

Lol feels like you have something against roman numerals xD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myu said:

I feel like I annoyed you there, if that's the case I apologize.

Oh lol no you didn't sorry i replied on my phone. Since i hate how my phone does the keyboard thingie i Just keep my native language as keyboard so I get autocorrects non stop. I actually menth it if you could forgive me for not specify that lol. 

I also wrote the review when i was supposed to be asleep for a while.. like i should be doing right at this moment xD

Still in the train tho ?

But you don't have to apologize don't worry ?

• Like 2