Original Version vs New Version

wilwheaton5

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a technical question quickly. I bought and was playing the original version of Earthlock (obviously going for the plat), but at the moment I have other games I'm playing and I'm a bit burned out on Earthlock. I saw that they released the new version, which has more trophies, more story and that since i own the original they are offering it to me for free. The problem with that is if i upgrade I'm going to have to restart my game completely and restart my trophies, which I'm obviously not going to do. But anyway I want to delete Earthlock to save space but the original version does not appear in my PlayStation (Purchased) library at all, it is still on my home screen, but not in my library. I'm worried now that if delete the original, they will force me to download the new version later. 

Has anyone had similar experiences? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

Did you check the download list of the webstore?

It should be still visible there. If your list is too large, you might also want to try this browser extension:

http://repod.github.io/psdle/

If you install it in Chrome or Firefox, you will have the ability to search in your download list by entering the appropriate term. E.g. I once downloaded the free version of Jetpack Joyride for Vita. It's not on the store anymore but when I check the download list it's still there (and downloadable).

On a sidenote:
I played both versions and honestly I really enjoyed the second time. The changes they did made the game much more lively and even more challenging.  I can understand that the vanilla-version feels a bit dull, though.

Edited by Crimson Idol

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It should be still visible there. If your list is too large, you might also want to try this browser extension:

If you install it in Chrome or Firefox, you will have the ability to search in your download list by entering the appropriate term. E.g. I once downloaded the free version of Jetpack Joyride for Vita. It's not on the store anymore but when I check the download list it's still there (and downloadable).

On a sidenote:
I played both versions and honestly I really enjoyed the second time. The changes they did made the game much more lively and even more challenging.  I can understand that the vanilla-version feels a bit dull, though.

Oh okay cool, thanks for the help! I will try and see if that helps. Ya I probably should just upgrade to the new version, It just irritates me that I will have to restart completely. The game is cool and all but it does start to feel a little dull, especially compared to the other RPGs I'm currently playing

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

On a sidenote:

Oh okay ya its in my download list on the webstore! It is stupid though that I can't just find it in my library but at least I have it. But ya i guess I should maybe upgrade when I eventually get back to the game

27 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Ya I probably should just upgrade to the new version, It just irritates me that I will have to restart completely.

I guess that mainly has to do with the fact that they rearranged a few story bits. One change affects the whole ordeal about Amon's uncle (the hammerhead shark) and depending on the fact whether one cares for the story or not it might be a bit confusing.

• 4 years later...