Collectible question - Missing ingame

I hadn't seen an exact answer to my problem so figured I might post here to see if anyone had experienced it. 

I played the last of us a couple years back and beat it on normal without a collectible guide. I recently started it back up, using the grounded+ method and a collectible guide. I noticed when I started it up my training manuals & comics were in my bag already but not reflecting in the statistics screen. I didn't think much of it at that time. As I progressed I came across the locations for the comics & manuals only for them to not be there. Again, I assumed all was well. However, I've now finished grounded+ and in the chapter select screen it shows that they aren't collected. 

Would anyone have a suggestion on this? Aside from the obvious delete all data and start a easy run to do it all again. 

I had this happen on the PS3 version. Stats showed I was missing a comic but they were all in my bag and no comics appeared where they should. Unfortunately there was no fix other than to delete and start again so I would assume the PS4 version would be the same. The collectible trophies are a mess on this. On both versions I got the collect everything trophies before getting each type trophies. Play through on easy and save before you pick up anything. Check the stats to see if it increased, reloading if it bugs out again

• Like 1