Tempered Spirit grinding

DRMOGUERA

So is this secretly the most obnoxious trophy in the game? It seems like the damage requirement is highly disproportionate to the actual damage you would normally do in the game. Like even if I really loved this game and played training mode every day I think it would be a really long time to do this naturally. Yet I see that a few people have already accomplished it, so I have to ask what's the best grinding strategy?

My current strategy has been to customize the Gougi so that I have a damage boost, the other side has super armor so I can avoid damage scaling, then spamming multi-hit supers and resetting (making sure that super is set to normal instead of regen because otherwise it wont automatically be filled) and even then I think this is still gonna take forever. I posted a video below in case this helps anyone, but I'd honestly prefer someone enlighten me on a better strategy, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6KqoQ7Ykes

Edit: Well I did it with this method at any rate, took a few hours on and off since I couldn't get myself to do it for long periods. If you have some podcasts to go through or something this strategy totally works though. I wasn't expecting the title screen to acknowledge the plat, so that was kind of nice! If anyone thinks of a better strategy though, feel free to let the people know.

Edited by DRMOGUERA
  • Like 1

I recently obtained Tempered Spirit trophy as well as the other combo character related trophies. The method above is the way to go *its quick and effective especially if you use Progressive*. Initially, I thought you had to do it in one sitting but that's not the case. As for the combo related trophies, I'd recommend the same Gougi used in the video with the exception of Jack *since you have to achieve over 100 damage with Jack*. 

2 hours ago, noahez92 said:

I recently obtained Tempered Spirit trophy as well as the other combo character related trophies. The method above is the way to go *its quick and effective especially if you use Progressive*. Initially, I thought you had to do it in one sitting but that's not the case. As for the combo related trophies, I'd recommend the same Gougi used in the video with the exception of Jack *since you have to achieve over 100 damage with Jack*. 

I was a bit worried about having to do Tempered Spirit in one session as well as I've been doing a little each day. I can only hear "Super Skullo Crusher" so many times but I want to keep the sound on so I don't miss the trophy pinging. :D

Edited by Killbomb

4 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Which gougi should I use for me and the training dummy? I cant tell which one they are?

The player in the video is using the Supernova deck for himself and Juggernaut for the dummy. However, if you have the Light version like I do then Supernova is locked at the moment. I've been using the Miracle deck since it has Mammoth which also gives a damage boost although not as much as the Gougi from the Supernova deck.

Edited by Killbomb

2 hours ago, Killbomb said:

The player in the video is using the Supernova deck for himself and Juggernaut for the dummy. However, if you have the Light version like I do then Supernova is locked at the moment. I've been using the Miracle deck since it has Mammoth which also gives a damage boost although not as much as the Gougi from the Supernova deck.

thanks for the heads up :)

• 5 weeks later...

Here's a strategy of my own:

Use the same gougi's as DRMOGUERA suggests but instead of using Skullomania, use Hokuto instead. You can can connect KYAKUHOUI into KIREN-EKI and because of the Dummy's super armor theres absolutely no damage scaling between both of these supers

Friendly reminder, you can always use remote play + autohotkey (Windows) to do derpy trophies like this.  Just change X to a heavy button, put the super armor on the dummy, and use an ahk script to hit enter on the keyboard over and over.  Same as setting a stick on turbo and weighting it down.

Example: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6cu3ub/working_ps4_remote_play_autohotkey/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, MildObstruction said:

Friendly reminder, you can always use remote play + autohotkey (Windows) to do derpy trophies like this.  Just change X to a heavy button, put the super armor on the dummy, and use an ahk script to hit enter on the keyboard over and over.  Same as setting a stick on turbo and weighting it down.

Example: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6cu3ub/working_ps4_remote_play_autohotkey/

Would be useful in some grindy JRPGs I imagine.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Haven't seen anyone talk about the babel deck. All other decks can be bought for cheap$$. I got them for 1.50$. I used the babel deck and was able to stack a gougi desperation to 99 , which is increased super attack damage. I was doing 2 and a half health bars per special with skullo. Took a little over an hour. If you got the money it will save time.

Edited by DanZorg420
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With turbo controller just :right: + :circle: with Kairi, and leave it for a several hours, until you get the trophy.

UPD: It seems it takes about 6-7 hours to reach 500k damage with method above.

Of course much faster is to lvl up Desperation Gougi (which increases damage after you perform Special or Super) to lvl 99 with Skullo Super will do 112+140+112+140+177=681 damage once per ~3 seconds (method described in trophy guide), but you need sit there and do it by yourself (it should take from 30 minutes to 1 hour).

Edited by ScooloV
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, ScooloV said:

With turbo controller just :right: + :circle: with Kairi, and leave it for a several hours, until you get the trophy.

UPD: It seems it takes about 6-7 hours to reach 500k damage with method above.

Of course much faster is to lvl up Desperation Gougi (which increases damage after you perform Special or Super) to lvl 99 with Skullo Super will do 112+140+112+140+177=681 damage once per ~3 seconds (method described in trophy guide), but you need sit there and do it by yourself (it should take from 30 minutes to 1 hour).

This is actually the fastest option! Skullomania with Babel deck, farm desperation to 99 and spam the special move, got it under one hour. Thanks for the input as wasn't that clearly explained in the guide.