Servers are now down

TheBritishBaron

Just thought Id shout out that the servers are now down. 

I was discounted and cannot reconnect since 6pm GMT+0, which has really annoyed me as I was almost done. 

The fact that they did not wait until the late evening has also got my blood boiling, as the PSN listing for Starhawk stated that the online will not be available AFTER the 30th June.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Lesson to be learned: it's Sony, a multi billion dolllar company that act like 24hrs of server time will break the bank. One of the greediest in the industry for sure, y'all should have had this done by now if you wanted the plat. Harsh, but true i'm afraid.

No, it's not. Requires the server to track the wins.

:( 

i had above 50 wins it's just it didn't unlock. :( . bad luck i guess...

I find it odd that they shut down the servers so early on the 30th. I imagined it would shut down at night EST or something similar. 

As it turned out I unlocked Prospector Veteran (my last multiplayer trophy) with only an hour to spare. Lady luck was definetly on my side today.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

You really should not wait until the day of the shutdown to finish the mp grind ....

I always aim for atleast 2 weeks before that date, just to be safe.

That 2 week warning wouldn't have been good enough for Marvel Heroes Omega, but that's really an exception to the rule. I started this on June 15th with @Potent_Delusions and we got it done in a few days although we weren't really going for a no life amount of time for it. I can say without him, doing the competitive multiplayer and prospector mode wins would have been incredibly boring and to be fair, he carried most of the heavy load in prospector, as the main thing I was doing there was healing our car or the rig. This platinum only barely stayed below 1% rarity by reaching 0.95% in the final days. I wouldn't worry too much @TheBritishBaron, I can say without a doubt that you have one of the greatest sets of unobtainable trophies I've seen, so don't let Starhawk get you down, as you have way more to compensate for it. 

• Like 3

I had less than 2 weeks to play this, everything was going fine until Thursday when I got a bunch of disconnections. Then Friday was terrible, for every match I finished I got 5 to 10 disconnections before and during each match. Took hours just to finish a handful of matches, stats weren't saving, couldn't connect to my 2nd ps3 with my dummy accounts, a handful of times me and others were on the final round on prospector and the server would drop us; an absolute nightmare of an experience. Anyway, I didn't get the prospector wins & the TDM trophies done. Huge props to the last few that finished these MP trophies.

Edit: Also, lemme vent a bit: kinda pissed that this was shut down on a Saturday of all days, 6pm GMT, 1pm EST-My time, did not see that coming. It did technically say after June 30th, which still isn't done even at this time. 7:16 here. I slept a total of 10 hours the last 3+ days and I'm at work now. If the server was actually working properly, as intended, I would've finished it all. Also if it stayed up til anytime on Monday I would've finished.

I know, I know, sour grapes, you had time, should've started earlier...whatever, lemme be mad. ?

Edited by SNACH2497

2 hours ago, TheBritishBaron said:

@Sergen Thank you for your kind words, still to be locked out of a plat because of 1 trophy does grind my gears, 

In hindsight, if I knew I only had till 6pm, I would have told the wife what I was up to, she would have let me :D 

I'll just echo what Sergen rightly said: you have a superb set of unobtainables, certainly the best i've ever seen: Homefront, Dead Star, FEAR 2, and you are able to platinum Lost planet 2. You're the only person in the world with the ability to have those 4 platinums I believe. 

Start sooner next time :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I'll just echo what Sergen rightly said: you have a superb set of unobtainables, certainly the best i've ever seen: Homefront, Dead Star, FEAR 2, and you are able to platinum Lost planet 2. You're the only person in the world with the ability to have those 4 platinums I believe. 

Start sooner next time :P

Sadly normal life gets in the way of Gaming :P Wife, Children and long hours at work haha

• Like 2