Servers are now down

TheBritishBaron

On 01.07.2018 at 2:51 AM, POEman553 said:

I started on the online years ago, but I was really surprised that Sony would shut this down. 

For me, next is Evolve, Twisted Metal and Warhawk (I think the last two are coming, be prepared and boost the crap outta this). 

Twisted Metal won't be shutdown until remaster will release on PS4 with a new game (sequel) It's Sony most favorite/classic series

Edited by SavageGarden2015

47 minutes ago, SavageGarden2015 said:

Twisted Metal won't be shutdown until remaster will release on PS4 with a new game (sequel) It's Sony most favorite/classic series, they even forced them to add story in this game...

I wouldn't bet on that. I feel like they will shut down twisted metal, the little big planet series and uncharted 2 and 3 next year.  That's pretty much all that is left now.

I was fortunate to have boosted most of the MP component of this game back in 2015. However, I did not know Prospector needed to be done online (the trophy guide didn't state this).

It was stressfull playing the mission over and over against the time limit. I also got a few disconnects after making it to Wave 6; and fewer times, enemies in vehicles would get stuck outside the map and I was forced to quit and restart the match. Only one time I could grab one of those enemies' attention by shooting near their car, they drove into the map and I killed them to end the wave.

If I needed to boost the entire MP, I couldn't have made it in time!

Just now, Orphioon said:

to be honest, i was cutting it close to even finish it on the 28th, you should always assume they will shut it down early, at least a week early, and even that is conservative if you compare it to other early shutdowns..

I don't agree. Most games I have witnessed being shut down have always had some consideration with their community. I can clearly see whoever was in charge to shutting down the server for this game just woke up, went to the office and pulled out the plug on a Saturday morning. Usually this thing is done weekdays, like Monday morning but the redneck who did this just didn't care. I wasn't aware of the server closure at all because Sony didn't post it and I found out 2 days before the 30th. Oh well, one more one less doesn't matter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gscorpio14 said:

Would the online trophies unlock if someone made a custom server? Or did they need the official Sony servers to pop? Just wondering if I should delete this game since I don't have enough space to re-download it.

I would not count on getting any trophies from some sort of custom servers. Instances where that work are very few and far in between (usually a handfull of old gamespy games, which Starhawk isn’t).

• Like 1

This is sad, Starhawk was a niche game that satisfied me very much, I did platinum it and hadn't played in ages, but I THINK about it all the time, the best soundtrack, made the game all that much more better. Some of my best PSN online only friend were made through this game. None of us really played it anymore, the fact that Dylan Jobe left the game early on is what did it in. Sony never really supported it, only passed on the server to Sony Santa Monica, and believe me, they didn't give a flip about the players or what they wanted or that they even existed. The loss of Starhawk servers is very sad. So many or the few who got into it too late via digital sales and PS Now ...

The golden days of this game were in the Beta, then the first few months since it released. I wear this platinum proudly at the top of my Trophy Cabinet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gscorpio14 said:

Anyone find a way to get the games other than prospector to start with only 2 players? If I delete Starhawk Game Data will it allow games to start offline with only 2 players in splitscreen?

prospector is online. since the online is down. you are out of luck :(

I was just hoping to play Gatekeeper games in splitscreen with 2 players but the game wont start since there was an update to 4 min players. I think I remember it was a weird update that might have installed directly to the digital game file not game data. Anyone recall?

The third unobtainable on my profile now.

I had been working on this mp since early June and was setting myself up for the massive grind on the last week. But then I had an incident at work which landed me in the hospital for the next several days. I was home on the last night before the servers closed so I got a few extra trophies but I just didn't have it in me to do an all nighter and let the idea go.

I'm not too bothered about it surprisingly. I've managed to get on top off all the server closures lately so I assumed not getting this one would really annoy me and I don't know why it hasn't. 

I'll most likely get to the sp trophies at some point as I still would like to experience that part of the game too. Guess it doesnt matter how prepared you are, sometimes life just messes it all up lol Congrats to those who grinded it out in time 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, black__bunny said:

The third unobtainable on my profile now.

I had been working on this mp since early June and was setting myself up for the massive grind on the last week. But then I had an incident at work which landed me in the hospital for the next several days. I was home on the last night before the servers closed so I got a few extra trophies but I just didn't have it in me to do an all nighter and let the idea go.

I'm not too bothered about it surprisingly. I've managed to get on top off all the server closures lately so I assumed not getting this one would really annoy me and I don't know why it hasn't. 

I'll most likely get to the sp trophies at some point as I still would like to experience that part of the game too. Guess it doesnt matter how prepared you are, sometimes life just messes it all up lol Congrats to those who grinded it out in time 

If it's consolidating, pulling an all nighter would not have netted you all the online trophies. 50 prospector wins alone would have taken ~12 hours. You did the right thing by letting it go that night.

Get well soon.

Just discovered about the server shutdown and I'm really mad.Read in another forums that Sony didn't even announce the server shutdown properly,didn't even put in their site and that must be true as I checked in early june about servers shutting down and Starhawk wasn't listed in any site.Anyway it's total bs to shut down the server of so many games in basically the same time...Karting was already being shutdown in the end of june and ModNation would too but they extended.The shutdowns date are always given with months of anticipation but Starhawk shutdown not only came outta nothing but with the date above the date of Karting.Shows how disrespectful Sony is when it come to servers,they really don't give a damn about who's left playing that game...noticed that 5 years ago when they shutdown Resistance 3 which had less than 2 years of life.Only in 2018 they will shutdown 9 of their games and that is if they don't announce more.And now there is Motorstorm Apocalypse too...I had already planned to work on all Sony games I have left because of how crazy they've been shutting down all their PS3 games but with Wipeout,KZ,Karting and ModNation this year I thought they would left the others for 2019.Will make Twisted Metal and PS All-Stars top priority now...for real fuck Sony.

Partially it's ma fault for not doing the online trophies of Starhawk way back in 2013 when I played it but I had read that all online trophies could be done in split-screen and then left it for later(dumb move).The funny thing is that I loved the beta of Starhawk and played the hell out of it but when I played the full game I had 0 wish to play the online...such a shame cuz the game had a wonderful online mode.Been working hard to not lose plats with the frenetic server shutdown on PS3 in the last years,since Wipeout shutdowns were announced I've been working hard on these shit and wanting to beat myself for not playing/finishing these old games earlier so goddamn I'm mad for losing the Starhawk plat.Sony is the worst when it comes to server shutdown.

Edited by Welmosca
fixing
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2018 at 7:21 AM, SavageGarden2015 said:

Twisted Metal won't be shutdown until remaster will release on PS4 with a new game (sequel) It's Sony most favorite/classic series, they even forced them to add story in this game...

Doubt they'll recycle Twisted Metal as it wasn't much popular on PS3 and doubt even more they'll make a new one.Where did you get the information that it's their most fav/classic series?...pretty sure they'll announce the shutdown of Twisted Metal by the end of this year if not earlier.

On 01/07/2018 at 8:12 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I wouldn't bet on that. I feel like they will shut down twisted metal, the little big planet series and uncharted 2 and 3 next year.  That's pretty much all that is left now.

Think they'll let LBP live some more time as both still have a lot of people playing them and UC2 and UC3 are p2p...believe that's the only reason they're still up and running.But yes Twisted Metal shutdown is coming.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, Intresseklubben said:

If it's consolidating, pulling an all nighter would not have netted you all the online trophies. 50 prospector wins alone would have taken ~12 hours. You did the right thing by letting it go that night.

Get well soon.

Glad I made the right decision. I wish I could have got this one but considering the circumstances, im ok with it at the same time. PLus im sure theres plenty more server closures coming up soon to worry about lol.

Cheers mate, I will 

• 5 weeks later...