Is the platinum still obtainable?

kerck11

On 27/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, NeMeSiS850 said:

So, has anyone tried the GoneSpy Method? I saw a few people recently unlocked online trophies for this game. 

Lot of them probably hacked it.

On 27/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, NeMeSiS850 said:

So, has anyone tried the GoneSpy Method? I saw a few people recently unlocked online trophies for this game. 

I'm also interested if this method works.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna be another person to ask so has anyone tried it? Lol

If no one has yet still when I have free time next week I may try testing it. I'll just have to read up on how the whole thing works later. It sounds like it's a little no different then using your DNS settings to make a proxy.

Also with the amount of people on PS3 did anyone try there as well since the server closure to see if it works? (I don't know if they changed their network ramework at all when NetherRealm took over the MK9 servers from GameSpy.)

7 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

If no one has yet still when I have free time next week I may try testing it. I'll just have to read up on how the whole thing works later. It sounds like it's a little no different then using your DNS settings to make a proxy.

Also with the amount of people on PS3 did anyone try there as well since the server closure to see if it works? (I don't know if they changed their network ramework at all when NetherRealm took over the MK9 servers from GameSpy.)

I would be surprised if there wasn't any attempts yet, far too popular of a game for people not to care.

If we havent heard anything that probably isnt a good sign tbh.

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

wellcome to the forgotten club! Last news I read was that they’re stuck atm. They’re waiting for a complete update of the software to be able to bypass the online. With the current software it’s not possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2020 at 11:11 AM, marius_maximus said:

wellcome to the forgotten club! Last news I read was that they’re stuck atm. They’re waiting for a complete update of the software to be able to bypass the online. With the current software it’s not possible

That so. Interesting and encouraging to hear.

• 2 months later...

Answering the theme of the post, it is obtainable only if you have the "ranked" trophies done, if not then you can't the GoneSpy method doesn't work for vita version as of my knowledge. If you check on the 10 ranked wins in a row the last true achievers earned it in 2014. 

For PS3 it's still posible since the servers for that console are up and running.

If you see people earning online trophies for this title they should be the versus non-ranked trophies, which can be done via ad-hoc.

Have fun guys. See ya.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the game on ps3, the trophies on line are done
I miss those of the vita (because the servers are closed) and from what I have read there will be a method to do them anyway, so if a person could explain how to do it we could do match sessions because it does not shouldn't take too long

38 minutes ago, rody9560 said:
I have the game on ps3, the trophies on line are done I miss those of the vita (because the servers are closed) and from what I have read there will be a method to do them anyway, so if a person could explain how to do it we could do match sessions because it does not shouldn't take too long

There isn't any working method yet for MK (PS3 and PSV). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So two people have earned online trophies for this game in 2021. The guide says servers have been shut down, so can anyone tell me if these are trophy hackers? One of them looks really suspicious with out order PS3 games. 

13 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So two people have earned online trophies for this game in 2021. The guide says servers have been shut down, so can anyone tell me if these are trophy hackers? One of them looks really suspicious with out order PS3 games. 

Its just the Invasion trophies that's not possible to get currently

Doh totally wrong game, My bad:(

Edited by Vergil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 11:35 PM, Evil25Illusion said:

Was anyone able to get the Gonespy servers to work with MK9? Or are people still searching for a look-around? There has to be a way. 

The gonespy/bstormps3 GitHub repo states that matchmaking, leaderboards, and statistics functions do not work so I doubt the platinum is obtainable. However, this stuff can be implemented with network programming (the repo is in Java language) but it may bring some complexity to do so.

3 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

The gonespy/bstormps3 GitHub repo states that matchmaking, leaderboards, and statistics functions do not work so I doubt the platinum is obtainable. However, this stuff can be implemented with network programming (the repo is in Java language) but it may bring some complexity to do so.

Honestly, if I had the know-how to do all of this, I'd get a lot of these old, abandoned titles working again. I have the determination, I just lack the skills and requirements to get it up and running. It sucks, we live in a technological age, and most people would figure this sort of thing would be more popular to bring back, turns out that's not the case. I just hope there will be an open-source program available somewhere down the line that actually works. I hate not being able to finish games I buy due to server closure. 

• 4 weeks later...