DO NOT use "Load" from the pause menu for the No Death run!

SaintHarri

Despite what the trophy guide says, loading your save from the pause menu before the screen goes black DOES NOT prevent a death from counting. I went through the game twice this morning using this method and the trophy did not unlock for me either time. The first time I thought it was because my hand slipped and I accidentally chose "Reload Checkpoint" once instead of loading my save file. I tried again, only loading my save once (I died at the final screen where you use the zipline), and no trophy. I'm going to try again one more time tonight using the "Close Application" method, but I wanted to let people know that the guide is wrong on this one point and hopefully spare you some potential grief.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

@SaintHarri I want to let you know that I corrected the guide. Closing the game quickly upon death works and won't count the death. This is what I did before the multi-save slots was added.

@dimavankula Yes, copying the save file on a USB storage or PS+ cloud is the only known way to complete this trophy, if you die during the run.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:18 AM, Max654 said:

@SaintHarri I want to let you know that I corrected the guide. Closing the game quickly upon death works and won't count the death. This is what I did before the multi-save slots was added.

@dimavankula Yes, copying the save file on a USB storage or PS+ cloud is the only known way to complete this trophy, if you die during the run.

I have the game and have been meaning to start it,  on your first point you say multi save slots,  can you keep backing out of game every few minutes and copying a save over and then if you die just load up that save?  Or must it all be done through cloud?

3 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I have the game and have been meaning to start it,  on your first point you say multi save slots,  can you keep backing out of game every few minutes and copying a save over and then if you die just load up that save?  Or must it all be done through cloud?

Yes, you can backup every few minutes. I suggest that when you want to backup the save file, you do it at the right beginning of a scene/room you enter. However, as others reported, loading the save slot in-game upon death won’t prevent it to be counted.

Honestly, just beat the game once, take your time to enjoy this masterpiece before doing the No Death trophy.

The only known ways are to close the game immediately after death, or to backup the game’s save file via USB drive or cloud.

Edited by Max654

• 2 months later...

Don't die trophies are pointless. It's meant to be a badge of honour for people who have perfected the game. Instead, it just means most saddo mortals 'save juggling' to look good at the game.

My suggestion? Developers, don't make zero deaths part of a platinum requirement. Add zero deaths as a free dlc trophy. Maybe only the masters of the game will bother getting it. 

It's also a turn off for platinum hunters. The game is on sale, and i'm thinking whether or not i want to save spam my way through it really

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2019 at 0:22 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

@TheMightyImp2 This game is easy to understand and it doesn't require much skill. Just get through the game once for fun, then create a new save as No Death run. If you die, close quickly the game for this death to not be counted. You can even copy the save file in an USB drive or PS+ cloud storage if you want more safety. 

How many games that I managed to go through No Deaths trophies? Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Shovel Knight, Axiom Verge, Dead Space 3’s hardcore mode (basically a no death mode)... I can also mention the few games in which have a trophy that requires perfect scores in all levels, and zero death is required. How many of those games you can simply quit the game so deaths aren’t counted? A lot, this is the most efficient way to overcome No Death trophies. Trophies / Achievements should be about challenges: testing the player’s skills and dedication. You should work hard to receive those ‘badges of honor’. It’s satisfying to get challenging platinums that you know you failed a few (or many) times before you finally overcoming the challenge.

If you skip this amazing of a VR game solely because of a No Death trophy, it’s disappointing.

You miss my point. My point was that if a no death trophy is cheatable, it may as well not be there, therefore pointless. I may pick moss up at sometime, but it's summer now and too hot for vr. Glad to see you love the game. Not sure why you listed all your no deaths, but good for you.   :)

1 hour ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

You miss my point. My point was that if a no death trophy is cheatable, it may as well not be there, therefore pointless. I may pick moss up at sometime, but it's summer now and too hot for vr. Glad to see you love the game. Not sure why you listed all your no deaths, but good for you.   :)

Oh, I see. If you could have been more precised, I’d understand prior to my answer. Sorry for my long reply. Peace!

Edited by MaxieM0us3