trophies working now

grilled_cheez_3

EDIT: seems to be fixed now with 1.02 ?

Just as a heads up for anyone thinking of picking this up, the trophies are not functioning properly. I have made it passed the second boss (Hydra) up to stage 9 and some of the trophies haven't popped.  I hope this gets fixed because it's a pretty neat twin stick shooter.

Edited by grilled_cheez_3
Trophies working!!!!

7 hours ago, antmoney151 said:

looks like they updated it this morning. patch notes say theres a fix for trophies that wouldnt unlock correctly and "bug fixes". hopefully it fixes everything.

Yep, I went back and tried again, it looks like everything is popping properly. Of course they release the patch the same day as Megaman X launches lol. Thanks everyone for the updates in this thread, and good luck going for the Plat.

They seem to be fixed. I unlocked a ton of them and managed to beat it no my 2nd run last night with the starter class. I had way more motivation knowing that the trophies are working. Now the only problem is trying to figure out all those obscure trophies. I got right in the face - maybe too short, you need missiles and a mod to make your range really short.

5 hours ago, antmoney151 said:

They seem to be fixed. I unlocked a ton of them and managed to beat it no my 2nd run last night with the starter class. I had way more motivation knowing that the trophies are working. Now the only problem is trying to figure out all those obscure trophies. I got right in the face - maybe too short, you need missiles and a mod to make your range really short.

I noticed you got pretty far, nice job. I edited my post to reflect the patch. Man I wish they would've patched this sooner, I was pretty jazzed but I can't devote any more time now due to getting married :) but it was cool to be the first to pop a few. gl

1 hour ago, grilled_cheez_3 said:

I noticed you got pretty far, nice job. I edited my post to reflect the patch. Man I wish they would've patched this sooner, I was pretty jazzed but I can't devote any more time now due to getting married :) but it was cool to be the first to pop a few. gl

congrats, i know how that goes and how much time it could take up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, fabiansc83 said:

2 Questions:

1-You can save-scum in this game?

2-How hard is this platinum?

The game seems fun but i never played a rogue-lite before.

You can just back out at any time, just pause and quit, It'll load you up at the beginning of the stage. Plat isn't too tough. In the beginning you dont have many mods but once you get more it gets easier. Also, learning what works best for you. There is some chance involved as a bunch of trophies involve equipping certain mods at the same time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, demonviper666 said:

How hard was plat.    

It's a mixed bag. Once you get the hang of it, the game itself is pretty easy.

Plus you can cheese your way through. Despite being a rogue-lite, it creates an autosave at the start of each level. If you get a level loadout you don't like, or are doing poorly in the level, you can quit to the main menu and continue, putting you back at the start of the level.

Furthermore, if you die, you can close the game completely at the game over screen (just don't advance forward) and relaunch the game, and the death doesn't count.

This makes getting through the game pretty easy. There are only 12 levels (plus 4 boss fights) so a run only takes about 30mins, give or take.

But, the difficult part comes in the weapon combo trophies. Not only is there a lack of available info out there, some of it is wrong. I read through a number of sources to compile a list of requirements for the version unlocks and weapon combos. Some of the info wasn't quite right. If I have time I will put up a guide here which should make it much easier. If you don't want to do that research, it is unlikely you will get the correct weapon combos for some of the rare trophies.

Take the Shotgun trophy as an example - this requires you to use the Alpha weapon (which is the default on a number of starting versions) then equip a Quadruple Shot upgrade and an Average/Slow rate of fire modification. There are a number of Quad Shot variants, but only one A/S modifier, which must be purchased as an unlock, and then in goes into the mix. These are dropped at random as you progress through a run. At the end of most runs you will have about a dozen or so upgrades, out of several hundred. There are about 30 fire mods - so you are looking at a 1 in 30 change each time you get an upgrade that it might be that one particular mod - and you might not even get a fire modifier, it could be a weapon or an attribute. And you can get the same mod as a duplicate in a given run.

Now, fortunately this can also be cheesed - you can go through to the end of your run, then if you are one part short for a combination, go to the upgrade location on the last level and see what you get - if it isn't the part you need, quit to the main menu and continue. Each time you get a different part. Still could take an hour of reloads (or more) to get lucky.

So this is a long answer to your question - I would say about 4/10 difficulty, but that factors in some luck. You also need to be willing to deal with the random luck factor, and throw in some grinding. I would estimate about 15 hours for the plat (I would have been done in a couple of days, but I held back on the plat for the 10 Things I hate about gaming event)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 11:35 PM, visighost said:

Thanks for all the info. If you do end up writing a guide, I for one would be very interested. It’s a fun twin-stick, weird it’s got so few players.

Guide got pushed into the backlog and I can't guarantee I'll get to it. If you need specifics for any of the trophies, ask here or shoot me a PM

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2019 at 5:43 PM, diskdocx said:

Guide got pushed into the backlog and I can't guarantee I'll get to it. If you need specifics for any of the trophies, ask here or shoot me a PM

storm doesnt seem to be unlocking for me. steam guide and trueachievements both say you need electricity, double shot and long/slow. i have those 3 and it isnt popping. i know, for example, double shot and double shot right make no difference. im not sure what im missing.

4 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

storm doesnt seem to be unlocking for me. steam guide and trueachievements both say you need electricity, double shot and long/slow. i have those 3 and it isnt popping. i know, for example, double shot and double shot right make no difference. im not sure what im missing.

I’m going to have to see if I still have my notes. I wrote down most of the correct combos to use, but I’m not sure if I still have that sheet hanging around. I’ll see what I can dig up.

17 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I’m going to have to see if I still have my notes. I wrote down most of the correct combos to use, but I’m not sure if I still have that sheet hanging around. I’ll see what I can dig up.

turns out double shot left/right would negate the trophy. very frustrating given other variations were fine with other trophies. thanks for the reply though.

• Like 1