Game Thoughts?

Shikikan_Dawn

I noticed there aren't a lot of people who have platinumed this and I'm thinking it's either because people are wading through their backlogs or they're running into the same problems I did: the game just isn't as engaging as I'd like. I did play Rainbow Moon ages ago, on PS3, and I feel like Skies falls short.

Does anyone else who bought the game feel the same way? =/

Here's a gameplay video for those on the fence. If you just want gameplay without commentary, skip about halfway in.

• Like 2

I don't know.  I am loving the game.  It isn't a fast paced action game, and I understand that isn't for everyone, but I have put about 30 hours into the game and I am very happy that I ordered my Limited edition.

There may not be a lot of people who have platinumed it because it just came out (June 26th), and it isn't a small game.  

• Like 1

One thing that irritates me is that they kept the same style of voice acting from Rainbow Moon with everybody just saying hello and goodbye usually in an annoying way. If the whole thing isn't going to be voice acted by professionals, just let me read the text in peace.

• Like 1

I feel it's very similar to Rainbow Moon. Too similar in fact. I'm glad I hadn't played RM right before the release of Rainbow Skies, because I'm pretty sure I would have been fatigued pretty early into RS. I'm 15 hours into it so far and I'm as hooked as I remember being when I played RM years ago.

The reason why so few have platinumed it, is because the trophies take a looong time to get. This is probably a 100+ hours platinum.

• 5 months later...
On 03/07/2018 at 2:11 PM, Sir_Bee said:

I don't know.  I am loving the game.  It isn't a fast paced action game, and I understand that isn't for everyone, but I have put about 30 hours into the game and I am very happy that I ordered my Limited edition.

There may not be a lot of people who have platinumed it because it just came out (June 26th), and it isn't a small game.  

Hi dude!

I have played rainbow moon when it was free for PlayStation+.

Now rainbow skies is on sale for half price. I realy liked rainbow moon. I like this kind of game. I mean rpg, turn base, strategy I don't know If you know what I mean. After all your gameplay of rainbow skies, do you think that worth buying it? Is It better than rainbow moon?

16 hours ago, brunorossin said:

Hi dude!

I have played rainbow moon when it was free for PlayStation+.

Now rainbow skies is on sale for half price. I realy liked rainbow moon. I like this kind of game. I mean rpg, turn base, strategy I don't know If you know what I mean. After all your gameplay of rainbow skies, do you think that worth buying it? Is It better than rainbow moon?

If you liked Rainbow Moon, I would absolutely recommend Rainbow Skies.  It suffers many of the same flaws that Rainbow Moon suffered, but I think the story and characters are better written in Skies, even if they are still cheesy at times.  It essentially is more of the same.

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

If you liked Rainbow Moon, I would absolutely recommend Rainbow Skies.  It suffers many of the same flaws that Rainbow Moon suffered, but I think the story and characters are better written in Skies, even if they are still cheesy at times.  It essentially is more of the same.

Thank you for your reaply.

I'm buying it.