Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

Congrats on the PES 2014 platinum Dr. Was it your 2nd sport game platinum?

How are you progressing with Mortal Kombat?

Well if you count WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 as a sports game (which it should be) then it is my third :) I also have the NBA Jam plat as well, I also have two Tony Hawk plats...those are extreme sports...and EA Sports Active 2 and Playstation Move Fitness, those are workout games.... :hmm: So the answer is...I don't know xD

Also MK9 is done, I am just waiting for it to be trophy 8000.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

mutant-mudds-banner1.png

I got this game free from + and it had so much potential to be an Awesome platformer that I feel a little let down :(

Fantastic music, good sprite work and clever level designs are marred by terrible jumping/floating mechanics and too much back-tracking. You are only allowed to equip one item at a time so to unlock all the secrets you have to keep going back to Granny's house to pick up another item to use in a level. If you picked the wrong one then you had to replay the level with the correct one.

Also I didn't even know I had items and I was beating the game with the starting jet-pack and was wondering why this game was so hard. Once I had the better jet-pack the game became much easier.

Finally I wish the game had some sort of boss. The last level just ends and you defeated the mutants...how?

Anyways this game could have been an 8/10 but it ends up being just slightly above average due to stupid decisions

• Like 2

Yeah that is why I just add everything to my download list. I may not play it right away but at least it will be there if I want to play it :)

I've been doing that since last September where I make sure to download everything, just in case I want to play it down the line, even if I have no interest in it at the time. Oddly enough I think Mutant Mudds is the first game I've missed since then haha.

Kongrats with the Mortal Kombat :platinum: and the new milestone  :yay:.

I know you can do it, congrats! :D

I knew you wouldn't give up :) Let's just hope MKX doesn't have MKFiS 2.0. I don't want to have to do that again xD

Thanks everyone :).

I hope they never do MKFiS again :(, if they want to do it for 1 character that is alright (I guess) but NO ONE who has the MK plat did that trophy legit, because it makes no sense to play as every character for 24 hours. Scorpion was my main guy and even he only had 10 hours before I started grinding it out.

Mortal Kombat, well, this realy is a milestone game, so a big congrats on this xD Awesome work.

1L2d63db.png

#139-Men in Black: Aliens Crisis

I didn't know this was a rail-shooter :o. To be honest this game was OK, I mean it wasn't great by any means but I was expecting a lot worse (but happy I didn't have to pay anything for it). They tried to change up the rail shooter parts by adding in other game-modes...just those game modes sucked. There was the LA Noiresque clue finding parts (which were boring and slow), the stealth missions (which if you get caught you fail...but right after each one you end up blowing your way through the rest of the level so i don't get the reason for the stealth to begin with) and finally the driving stages (which were just more rail-shooters)

The game had some REALLY big bosses and it is pathetic that I have to bring that up as a positive point but you really don't see boss fights anymore. It is usually just a normal dude, or waves of dudes, or QTE or nothing at all.

The controls were quite bad though as it made switching guns a little awkward and the dash button is R1 and the shoot button is R2 so it was really awkward to dash and shoot at the same time. On top of that Zoom was R3 and aim was Right analog so you would constantly zoom in when you are in a frantic fire-fight.

The last thing I will harp on is the dialog. The stupid hero (never caught his name as I was skipping the story) NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP. He just kept saying the same 3 lines over and over and they were REALLY bad lines.

So in conclusion if you have a kid who likes the MiB series and you want a game to play with them you could do worse than pick this game up. I wouldn't recommend paying more than 9.99 for it though.

• Like 2

I'll answer. This is for Ps4 version. It is one of the best FPS games I have played. Period. No mp trophies to worry about either.

sweet deal, thanks Snake :). I have heard good things about it and want to try it out for myself. Will probably pick it up this week sometime.

Well at least the platinums you do have are good ones :)

How was Wolfenstein? I was considering picking that one up

Even though snakebit answered your question for me, i still give you info, it featurs a decent perk system, in which you have to comlete  tasks in order to unlock it, it features a good amount of stealth (similar to what Castle Wolfenstein) along with guns a blazing  moments. You will probably spnd the majority of the time lookking for collectibles. All in all,it is a great fps, and hopefully doom will be just as good.

First some awesomeness :D

25tutef.jpg

And now for the new plat.

1L581ba8.png

#140-Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (VITA)

If this game came out 5 years ago (before AA) then I would dub it a great Batman game. But we have had quite a few great Batman games lately and this one is just MEH now. The combat is average, the boss fights are nothing special and the map system is HORRIBLE.

The map is a 2d map done in a 3d game. All rooms are just squares and have no way of knowing which rooms connect together. You will be travelling north down a vent and then the vent will turn right and you will end up south of where you were trying to get. It makes no sense and even after 3 playthroughs I was still getting lost.

Since the game was so MEH I began nit-picking other stupid stuff in the game. Like why can't Batman move the couches out of the way so he can go down a hallway? Why can you not grapple out of an open window when you could grapple in to it? Why did Blackmask crawl through the vents of Blackgate so he could paint giant masks all over the place? How did Joker create a giant death machine in Blackgate in the amount of time he had (let us say a couple of hours).

Finally I want to talk about the DUMBEST thing it does. So there are 3 bosses in the game and depending on who you beat last you get a new piece of armour. So the game forces you to play through it 3 times. The thing is on the first playthrough I got the Zombie costume so I was invincible on my next 2 playthroughs. And then the suits I earned from beating the bosses only gave me extra health or more armour...why (if they were going to make me play it three times) didn't they give me the invincible suit as the last suit I earned. So that was just busy work as the story didn't change one bit and it was just different forms of running around after beating each boss.

So in the end just stick with AA or AC or at least Lego Batman.

• Like 2

1La4d90e.png

#141-Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi

So I was talking with my cousin about how much I loved Danganronpa and he told me to check out this game as well. Well this is nothing like Danganronpa and I feel I owe him a slap next time I see him :|. I got like 10 minutes into this and just realized it wasn't for me. I did some wiki searches afterwards and reading story synopsis there I made the decision that he doesn't really understand my taste in story. I already had it on my account so I decided to just speed run the game to complete it and then return it to him. Luckily the guide on this site kicks all kinds of ass and I was able to get through this with no difficulty. I only screwed up 1 place (forgot 1 choice) but that was easily fixed and plat unlocked.

Sorry if other people liked the story and I know 10 minutes isn't really a fair shake but something about it just turned me off instantly and the wikis didn't make it more appealing. Gorgeous plat image though :)

• Like 1