Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

HMM sounds like a game I might be interested in. I do love a good story. Congrats on your new plat!!

Thanks buddy :D, yeah if you like Vampires and Demons and political intrigue you will probably enjoy it

My brother liked Wolfenstein a lot.

Yeah I will probably pick it up. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet :)

1L0808ec.png

#142-LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes: Universe in Peril

So PSN had their Superhero sale a couple of weeks ago and I didn't know that the Vita and PS3 game were different. I wanted a handheld game to play and it was 2$ cheaper so Win-Win. WRONG. The Vita/3ds version is an extremely hacked down version of the console release. This was just abysmal and would really sour me on the LEGO series if I didn't know the console versions were better.

The controls are terrible. It has this weird glitch that if I rounded a corner and was touching the back touchpad it would reverse my characters direction. This lead to me getting killed or hit quite often and when you are going for time-limit or no damage challenges this got annoying quickly.

Also the game tells you how to use all the touch screen controls in the tutorial but those seemed to only work when they wanted to. I kept looking for a way to switch over to buttons but didn't find one in the manual or menu. Then after looking on the trophy guide I saw that you can actually use the D-Pad controls to get rid of the crappy touch-screen controls and all of a sudden the game got 10x better. It is a shame they couldn't mention that on the Controls page of the FUCKING MANUAL.

In the Vita version you can only pick the character you start as in Freeplay (like every other lego game) but the difference is you can ONLY pick that character. Which means if you have a couple of challenges that requires Iron Man, Ice Man, Phoenix and Aunt May you have to replay that level 4 additional times. Also you can't see what challenges you need before starting the level so you might pick Iron Man only to realize it is a level you needed Magneto for. Which means waiting past the loading screen, starting the level and then exiting out of the level, backing out to the home screen and then picking the character you meant.

Finally I was getting pretty frustrated with the challenges because of the bad controls it made it really hard to not get hit or hope you have enough life to warrant blasting through the level because the time limit was so small. But I kept on and was at about 350/450 challenges (I hadn't done the last world yet) when I got stuck on a challenge. I couldn't get hit and the enemies couldn't take damage. The problem was they spammed grenades so even if I could avoid all the hits they took damage causing me to fail. It was a big problem because to complete it I had to fly very fast as Iron Man and then switch to Hawkeye to do a stupid touch puzzle but I couldn't move while doing the puzzle so I would get hit.

Well after being frustrated I looked online how to beat it and someone mentions an Invincibility block you get in the second to last level...yes they give you an invincibility block and the funny thing is, it isn't hard to find. I found it by accident while beating the final world and once I had that the game became insultingly easy. I quickly finished up the last of the challenges and voila, new plat.

So in the end. STAY AWAY FROM THE HANDHELD VERSIONS OF THESE GAMES

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

List looking nice and tidy as ever, keep it up bro!

Thanks :D I have been trying to get the KH plat and hopefully will have it before the end of the week

EDIT-Also I got to talking about an old Sig of mine and I decided to add in all my old-school Avy/Sigs as I have had some fun ones in the past. Check them out if you like

Looking to do Ys: Memories as well soon, for my Y game. Should be here in the next day or two. Will I enjoy it?! :D

Yeah Ys is awesome. Here is my review on the game. How many more letters do you need?

#132-Ys: Memories of Celceta

This was  near perfect RPG and I am so happy it was available on the golden sale. I have been waiting for a sale for this game since Christmas so I had to snatch it up at 19.99. Fast paced combat, excellent story, one of my favourite soundtracks and just an all around amazing game.

I heard a lot of reports that people found Nightmare easy but even at max level with fully powered up legendary weapons I was still just chipping away at bosses (even in stagger mode) also I had fully upgraded armour (the best in the game) and I was still getting 1-hit killed by bosses O_o.

Regardless I recommend this game and I can now say I have a Y platinum. Just X and Z left :D

So take it away Norah

1L4b3cdd.png

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

This was a long and arduous platinum but I have finally earned it :D

I know a lot of people are HUGE Kingdom Hearts fans but I have to say that game is kind of average. The gameplay is clunky, the movement is floaty and your partner's AI is non-existent (pro-tip to anyone playing for the first time...don't give Goofy any healing items or he will waste them all in about 30 seconds)

I also found the story to be pretty meh. I mean I wish the game spent more time developing characters as I never understood why we cared so much for Kairi and Riku was an ass from the beginning. I really wish they had shown more of the Princesses getting kidnapped as well as it seemed we spent more time dicking around in random disney worlds as opposed to that all important plot.

One final gripe is why couldn't we keep the disney characters from world to world. There was no point in ever using the other characters because they were never as strong as your main 3 so it felt like a waste. But imagine if you could have created a team of Beast, Jack and Tarzan...that would have been pretty cool.

All that being said the game was still good and I enjoyed playing through it, I just felt that the game needed to do a lot more to be worthy of all the praise it gets.

• Like 2

Congrats on another nice platinum. :highfive: Is it too early to be planning what 150 will be?

Personally I didn't find Kingdom Hearts to be anything special either. I did enjoy it, but playing through this fairly recently I was reminded why I never bothered to finish it on back on the PS2 (just way too many games at the time with either A. Far superior gameplay or B. much more meaningful stories with interesting characters.) All in all the Disney characters were the highlight for me along with the soundtrack, which was pretty catchy.

• Like 1