Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

Congrats on another nice platinum. :highfive: Is it too early to be planning what 150 will be?

Personally I didn't find Kingdom Hearts to be anything special either. I did enjoy it, but playing through this fairly recently I was reminded why I never bothered to finish it on back on the PS2 (just way too many games at the time with either A. Far superior gameplay or B. much more meaningful stories with interesting characters.) All in all the Disney characters were the highlight for me along with the soundtrack, which was pretty catchy.

Thanks a lot :D

Yeah I loved playing as all the Disney characters which is why I wish you could bring your teammates with you (then I could get rid of sorah :P)

I actually have not only been planning 150...I have 200 planned :D

For 150 I was going to do Demon's Souls but instead I want a fun looking plat icon in my milestones so I am going to do Fallout New Vegas. As for 200...well that is a secret :ninja:

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1Lc65b1a.png

#144-X-Men Destiny

Finally an X platinum :D.

This game was OK, I would give it a generous 6/10 (very generous). It was fun using the different powers at first and I actually really liked the story line but the good points kind of end there.

You fight the same 2 or 3 enemies over and over and over and your cool powers...end up being very repetitive after awhile. They tacked on a bull-shit moral choice aspect (and you probably know my opinion of moral choices) but it didn't affect the game in the slightest. You side against the X-men every chance you get but only in the last level do you actually get to team with the Brotherhood.

Also they give you the option between 3 mutants at the beginning, the generic looking White Guy, the generic looking Black guy and the kooky Asian girl...so obviously I played as her as she seemed the most interesting...until she spoke. So the young girl who just arrived in America speaks perfect English with no accent whatsoever :rolleyes: .

Also with the powers, you get the choice of what kind of character you play as but then on your new game + they don't let you try out a different power. So I am supposed to not play New game + if I want to see how the other powers play out :blink: that seems really stupid.

Overall it is an OK game, you can beat the main story in about 5 or so hours but you will end up grinding out kills at the end because despite having to do 2 playthroughs that isn't enough to get all the kill trophies.

Anyways let us be glad I have my X platinum and enjoy the best X-men theme of all time :D

• Like 2

Wow, impressive setup.  I think someone needs a job :)

lol I wasn't working for a couple of months earlier this year but now I have a full time job plus a part time one as well ^_^ so my gaming time is severely cut.

But for 3 years (2010-2012) my job was working for Playstation so a huge part of my job was playing the latest games and showing them off to customers (man I miss that job)

• Like 1

lol I wasn't working for a couple of months earlier this year but now I have a full time job plus a part time one as well ^_^ so my gaming time is severely cut.

But for 3 years (2010-2012) my job was working for Playstation so a huge part of my job was playing the latest games and showing them off to customers (man I miss that job)

Worked for Playstation?  That is awesome Dr.!  I'm envious of a job like that.  I'm assuming you left for financial reasons?  Anyway, the post was a complement, I'm seriously envious of people that have time to play all the time, it's time I don't have unfortunately.

I was never going to get promoted until someone quit and I would have to move to either Vancouver or Toronto. On top of that there were several people in those cities with seniority over me so they would most likely get the promotion instead :(. It was a great job but I had to find something I could have a future in :).

Here are some examples from my last year there that I did. I wish I had saved more of my work though as I was able to do some really incredible things in my territory.

r09spl.jpg

2mp0g34.jpg

2ptzdkk.jpg

This is an Uncharted Tournament I ran to raise money for a local charity

• Like 1

I was never going to get promoted until someone quit and I would have to move to either Vancouver or Toronto. On top of that there were several people in those cities with seniority over me so they would most likely get the promotion instead :(. It was a great job but I had to find something I could have a future in :).

Here are some examples from my last year there that I did. I wish I had saved more of my work though as I was able to do some really incredible things in my territory.

r09spl.jpg

2mp0g34.jpg

2ptzdkk.jpg

This is an Uncharted Tournament I ran to raise money for a local charity

Absolutely awesome!  Thanks for sharing the pics!  You got to do something that there's a future in, so I'm with ya.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1Lafc179.png

#146-Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

:unsure: I really, really wanted to like this game. The first Danganronpa had one of the best stories I have ever experienced in gaming (except the ending) and I while I wasn't expecting that again I was hoping that this one would at least be entertaining.

There were exactly 4 times through out the game that I was really excited about where the story was going and in all 4 of those cases the end result was extremely lackluster.

The worst example of this was the ending (again). I thought Chapter 6 was fantastic. FINALLY the game remembered what made the first one good and gave us a creepy experience with some very good story/character development. Then She came back. Now I won't say who She is (if you beat the first game you know who I am talking about) and I can see why she is called the Ultimate Despair because whenever she is on screen I just want to turn the game off. Stop ruining your endings by allowing the most annoying character ever to take up so much of the dialog. Just have Monokuma be an anonymous antagonist and STOP bringing Her back. It would be like playing a Zelda game and just when you reach Ganon he goes "excuse me, but Tingle is going to take over"

Anyways that was the story, how was the rest of the game...alright. It was pretty much the same as the first one (except without the great atmosphere of the school). The main problem was the developers figured the Report Cards, Vending Machine and School Mode weren't enough stupid grind so they added in Monomi's weapons and the Virtual pets as well.

In the end, play the original, give this one a miss and pick up Virtue's Last Reward instead :)

EDIT

I have to say though this song kicks a lot of ass

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1L3d18c7.png

#147 Rainbow Moon

Finally a new platinum :).

I really enjoyed this game (and glad I got it off of Plus) and I recommend it to people who enjoy Strat RPGs. I finished at 100 hours and 30 minutes so almost did that perfectly :) and I will say the 500 level grind can go fuck itself but every thing else was a well done.

• Like 1

1L243b07.png

#148-The Wolf Among Us

So I platinumed 2 games with Fairy Tale characters this year. So the real question is "is Wolf Among Us better than Fairy Tale FIghts"...if you actually asked that question I believe you need to go in front of a mirror and say Bloody Mary's name 3 times :angry:

Tell Tale does it again and while I still liked Walking Dead and Back to the Future more, this game is a solid A+. The story and characters are fantastic and makes me want to read the comics now.

The gameplay is even less than Walking Dead (if you can imagine that) but this is really the kind of game where you are getting your Story on so I can forgive that.

All in all if you haven't played this then you are missing out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1Lf2558a.png

#149-Wonderbook: Book of Spells

This was the last game I got for free while I worked for Sony and I just never bothered to play it. Well with the Trophy Competition on and needing a platinum for 149 I decided to finish it off. 2hours and 24minutes...my fastest plat ever :) (well except for Sound Shapes of course). This would be a great game if you had little kids who liked Harry Potter but it provides no real reason (except for a fast platinum) for anyone over the age of 12 to play it (unless you are a Hardcore Harry Potter fan). I kind of wish Wonderbook did better for Sony though as this was a cool idea and could have been a big hit with the kids.

1La6578d.png

#150-Starhawk

So Ultra Rare :holy:

I really wish this game had been more popular as well. This was a solid game with very fun multiplayer (I didn't say it had fun multiplayer trophy requirements though :P). Yes winning 350 rounds of multiplayer can be tedious and was a lot of boosting but Prospector was a ton of fun and once I found a good group to play through it with it became a blast to do.

The single player was alright as well. Mercenary mode is a little tougher than Crushing but nothing too bad. I really liked the build/battle mechanics and I think we can all agree every game is better with jet packs.

This is a pretty easy (but long) Ultra Rare platinum and I do recommend it to anyone who enjoys 3rd person shooters.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

what do you plan on doing with that wonderbook. I've always wanted to play diggs nightcrawler with my boy but didn't want to buy book of spells to do so? Contrats on the new plats also.

I actually sold it already, but you can find it pretty cheap at EB Games/Gamestop. I have seen it and Book of Spells of 8-10$