Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

1L64ebbe.png

#151-Fuse

I really liked 90% of this game. I actually really dug the relationship between the characters (you get the feeling these guys have known each other for years without any flashbacks). I loved that each character has their own abilities and it really encourages you to play with friends. And finally I liked the gameplay as it was fast but very tight.

What I hated was that the game had about 2000 too man enemies and that your AI was incompetent. Remember how I said it encourages you to play with friends...well if you don't then you will be swearing (as Scotty243 can attest to :P) at your AI partners to heal you, stay at the Cell or to stop running into walls and actually help.

Now I did get to meet some pretty awesome people while playing this. I got to know Scotty as we played through the campaign on expert together and did all the echelon maps together. And we teamed up with YuriG who helped us in 1 map and to get the 4 player trophy.

So all in all a solid 6/10 game but not insomniacs best work :).

1Sd0e070.png1Se52f7e.png1Se52f7e.png1Se52f7e.png1Se3657b.png1S6a7c7e.png1S58ebc4.png1Sb77b40.png1Scbca6b.png1S91d26f.png1Sf638b4.png

Look at all the beautiful Insomniac plats :)

1L60ddf2.png

#152-Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Ugh :( I love Batman but this was not a fun game. I really enjoyed the first lego Batman game but this one was a huge step down. The amount of times things would be invisible only to appear after I left the area (or the few times they spawned on top of me and I had to restart because I was stuck) was very annoying. Being forced to play as Batman or Robin because they had 1 or 2 powers that couldn't be emulated by someone else and having to climb over several buildings for 1 gold brick. Or trying to navigate Superman as he flew without him freaking out and jumping several miles away from where you wanted.

Besides dodgy control, pop-in images and boring gameplay this game also made Batman completely useless. Don't get me wrong Batman is the baddest Mofo in comics but that is because he is dark, broody and extremely competent. He loses all of that when you put him in a Lego game where he is outclassed by every other superhero. I never used Batman or Robin because the only character worth a damn was Superman. And what do you know, the prize for getting every gold brick is Super Girl (because once again you only use Superman throughout the whole game).

This was a weak effort and after so many games the Lego people are not getting any better at making games. One of the biggest problems is they have to put up with the WIi's crappy controller (so you only get to use 2 buttons) but still this is no excuse.

Batman deserves much better :(

• Like 1

Congrats dude. Sad to hear you didn't enjoy it. For myself I thought it was one of the better Lego games and didn't have any issues with it. I have only played 4 of the lego games though.

I really wanted to enjoy it, but I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for it :(. I have played Batman 1, 2, Indy, Star Wars, Marvel and Lord of the Rings and this is my least favourite of the bunch. At least LOTR came out after this one so I know that they do improve :)

I really wanted to enjoy it, but I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for it :(. I have played Batman 1, 2, Indy, Star Wars, Marvel and Lord of the Rings and this is my least favourite of the bunch. At least LOTR came out after this one so I know that they do improve :)

I played Indy 2, Batman 2, Lego Movie and Harry potter 1-4. I have Lego Marvel and LOTR to play. So far Lego Harry Potter is probably my least favorite one.

1L3d18c7.png

#147 Rainbow Moon

Finally a new platinum :).

I really enjoyed this game (and glad I got it off of Plus) and I recommend it to people who enjoy Strat RPGs. I finished at 100 hours and 30 minutes so almost did that perfectly :) and I will say the 500 level grind can go fuck itself but every thing else was a well done.

Hey Dr_Mayus, I've started this game yesterday and it looks really good!

I think this is one of those plats that take time but are actually pretty easy, am I right?

I played Indy 2, Batman 2, Lego Movie and Harry potter 1-4. I have Lego Marvel and LOTR to play. So far Lego Harry Potter is probably my least favorite one.

I do want to play the Harry Potter ones, maybe next year :).

Hey Dr_Mayus, I've started this game yesterday and it looks really good!

I think this is one of those plats that take time but are actually pretty easy, am I right?

Well it takes at least 100 hours :P (there is a trophy for playing for 100 hours). But I actually got the plat in 100.5 hours. I was told by BT and Wdjat that I just suck though as they both got the plat in about 60-70 hours (minus of course the 100 hour trophy).

The game is easy for the most part but the final boss can give you a bit of trouble.

• Like 2

Been a while since I have been here, thought I would check things out since you have been on a platinum hot streak! Keep it up dood! Oh and is the Saturn Coffee still available?

Thanks for stopping by, here you go ^_^

saturn-coffee-art.jpg

Speaking of which...

1L81ca96.png

#153-Cabela's Adventure Camp

This is the definition of a "budget" game. I was actually kind of digging this at first. I mean I know it is a kid's game but there was character customization, you can set up playlists and the Bike controls were pretty tight. I was all ready to come and give this a "if you have kid's you should check this out"

Then the rest of the game happened :(

The lo................................................ading times will infuriated you, the kayak controls are pretty much broken, there are only 2 or 3 kinds of games to play, the characters are covered in uniforms/helmets most of the time or even worse first person perspective so that character customization was useless and the motion controls are barely used. I mean how would you expect to paddle in kayak...by moving the Move left and right...nope...just tap the T button as fast as you can.

This was just a pitiful game and I only played it because I am in the trophy competition and it was 5$...well fuck that I am returning it and getting my 5 bucks back. In fact I will give that money to the first homeless person I see because they deserve it more than this game.

Sigh :( I am going to go and plat an awesome game for the competition next to get the taste of Lego Batman 2 and Adventure Camp out of my mouth. I might need to find a 12 inch purple dildo to do it though xD

Sigh :( I am going to go and plat an awesome game for the competition next to get the taste of Lego Batman 2 and Adventure Camp out of my mouth. I might need to find a 12 inch purple dildo to do it though xD

You suck dildos?

Doc...too much information.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

1Lab9814.png

#154-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

Wow did I enjoy this game. I loved the songs, the gameplay was tight, and the characters are fun...that being said I don't like the fact that I had to buy a bunch of underage girls gifts and rub them to get them to like me...:|...that is just a small part of the game...still creepy :(

Regardless this is a great rhythm game and if you haven't tried it out yet you need to give it a go.

Now here is my favourite song and it is one that isn't too difficult to beat :P

• Like 3

Congrats on your latest platinum.

I have also decided to list my "goals" for next year. I want to get to 200 plats but I don't want to just do a bunch of easy games (ignore Cabella's Adventure Camp and Book of Spells :P)

So here are my hopeful next 45 plats. If you have any suggestions of other great games to plat let me know also keep in mind that this could change with the release of a game like Uncharted 4 or some crazy deal on PS+.

155-Saints Row The Third

156-Zombie Driver

157-Silent Hill Downpour

158-Metal Gear Solid 3

159-Final Fantasy X

160-Final Fantasy X-2

161-Tales of Symphonia

162-Tales of Symphonia 2

163-Tales of Xillia 2

164-Tales of Innocence

165-Tales of Hearts R

166-Tales of Vesperia

167-Resonance of Fate

168-Nier

169-Killzone 3

170-Velocity 2x

171-Hyper Dimension Neptunia

172-MineCraft

173-Sims 3

174-MLB 2012

175-God of War Ascension

176-Demon's Souls

177-Bioshock Infinite

178-Transformers War For Cybertron

179-Mass Effect 2

180-Motorstorm Apocalypse

181-inFAMOUS Second Sons

182-inFAMOUS First Light

183-Sound Shapes PS4 :giggle:

184-Fallout New Vegas

185-Kingdom of Amalur

186-South Park Stick of Truth

187-Resogun

188-RAGE

189-Remember Me

190-Tomb Raider

191-Prince of Persia Sands of Time

192-Racquet Sports

193-Ico

194-Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

195-Castlevania Lords of Shadows

196-Sports Champions 2

197-Catherine

198-Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

199-Carnival Island

200-It is a secret :giggle:

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I have also decided to list my "goals" for next year. I want to get to 200 plats but I don't want to just do a bunch of easy games (ignore Cabella's Adventure Camp and Book of Spells :P)

So here are my hopeful next 45 plats. If you have any suggestions of other great games to plat let me know also keep in mind that this could change with the release of a game like Uncharted 4 or some crazy deal on PS+.

155-Saints Row The Third

156-Zombie Driver

157-Silent Hill Downpour

158-Metal Gear Solid 3

159-Final Fantasy X

160-Final Fantasy X-2

161-Tales of Symphonia

162-Tales of Symphonia 2

163-Tales of Xillia 2

164-Tales of Innocence

165-Tales of Hearts R

166-Tales of Vesperia