Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

1L39b276.png

#155-Saints Row: The Third

I guess this was a fun game. I mean if you find hijacking a plane, nose diving into a group of people, bailing out at the last second and having the whole group of enemies burn in the wreckage fun, then I suppose you will enjoy this game. If you find driving a purple sports car, with classical music playing as you mow down every pedestrian on the sidewalk fun...then I guess you will like this. If you think walking down a street with a rocket launcher blowing every cop sky high fun...then maybe give this game a go.

OR

If you are very boring (or somebody's fussy aunt) then maybe give this game a pass and go play something like The Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1L1bda41.png

#156-South Park: The Stick of Truth

My final plat of the year :).

I actually had a lot more fun with this than I thought. I haven't watched South Park since season 2 but I was able to get right back into the swing of things and had a good time.

This is hardly an advance RPG but I don't think it was trying to be. I enjoyed the gameplay, the references (although a bunch of those are going to be obsolete in a year or so) and the humour actually worked for me.

The game was quite laggy though. I found myself having to fight with the controls just to walk sometimes but for the most part I didn't have any problems.

Finally, yes, to all my American friends...this is what Winnipeg looks like ^_^

FR_Earl_Winnipeg.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I have finally put away my Saturn avy/sig :( It was a great two years with that and a huge thank you to Allison for making it for me :).

On a brighter note THANKS to Floriis for this awesome new design ^_^. The Trinity of Green will reign supreme for a long time (take that Prinny Brigade :shakefist: )

• Like 2

So I have finally put away my Saturn avy/sig :( It was a great two years with that and a huge thank you to Allison for making it for me :).

On a brighter note THANKS to Floriis for this awesome new design ^_^. The Trinity of Green will reign supreme for a long time (take that Prinny Brigade :shakefist: )

Glad you like it! Haven't checked out your checklist in a while! Good job on all those new :platinum: s :)

• Like 1

Glad you like it! Haven't checked out your checklist in a while! Good job on all those new :platinum: s :)

Thanks, December was a fun month and got my shiny new premium title out of it ^_^

Great work so far and nice list, but i notice you don't have Shadow of the Colossus in it, common that is one of the greatest games ever.

I do like SotC but I don't know if I will platinum it. I do want to play through Ico this year though

Hmm, concerning your list:

I'd say play Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.  Apparently the battle mechanics in the original PS3 version suck and Re;Birth is the superior version.  Might save yourself a headache.

Also, God speed for all those Tales games in a row.  That's just... you already have my respect but if you did that, holy cow!

• Like 1

Hmm, concerning your list:

I'd say play Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.  Apparently the battle mechanics in the original PS3 version suck and Re;Birth is the superior version.  Might save yourself a headache.

Also, God speed for all those Tales games in a row.  That's just... you already have my respect but if you did that, holy cow!

The battle mechanic SUCKS but I already own that version and I want to get it off my list :).

Also that list is more just a record of what I want to platinum. I don't think I could do all those in a row without getting sick of the series ^_^

I figured I'd pop into your list, especially due to your latest.  Personally, I thought X was one of the best, but it was one of those things at the right time.  You can't replace popping in your first PS2 game, a Final Fantasy to boot, and enjoying every second of it.  (I was like 15 or something).  Did you ever notice Tidus progresses and his demeanor changes throughout the game? 

The sphere grid was pretty rad too, and you only really had to level it up to 100% it or beat super bosses.  You can't really do that without (unless you cheese it with Zanmato)

Congratulations?  If you didn't like it, why would you play it? (serious question)

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

How dare you... It is dah best FF game evah... xD:P

Whew... Been waiting for your review since you platted the game... Worth it... Almost couldn't finished reading it cause i am laughing so hard in how you love Tidus and Yuna...xD

Hmmm... No mention of Rikku... Not sure if it is a good thing or not...:P

Well after reading the entire review I have really feIt your love for this game...

Grats for the plat and would ask the most obvious question: planning to play X-2?

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 1

Well. I was checking the forum posts on the main screen after plugging in my latest trophies, they aren't much to look at in comparison to alot of people. 

I didn't want to be "one of those.." types of gamers that only plug in the easy ones for trophy/achivement padding. Like for instance *Holds up flame shield. 

-There's ALOT of people with Avatar the Airbender 360* title, since it gave 1k achivements for basically nothing.  

In comparison I wanted when people looked at my profile to go "Wow, He/She really worked on it."  Or "That's some dedication.." etc. 

Right now i'm sitting at 15 games/I just recently picked up a PS3 so i've not got all the fancy titles yet and it doesn't help there's not a game shop near me. 

But anyway.. 15/14.1%/111 Trophies. Within the past week i've popped about 27 of them, 2 of them haven't registered yet and two moar if I can learn how to be a ninja already. -NG Sigma II. 

-Bah. Enough babbling though, How does one even think about reaching what people like yourself did Mayus, or the other people of this site. 

I can't even fathom how long it took just to get one plat. o_O; 

Any tips on not failing? 

• Like 1

I figured I'd pop into your list, especially due to your latest.  Personally, I thought X was one of the best, but it was one of those things at the right time.  You can't replace popping in your first PS2 game, a Final Fantasy to boot, and enjoying every second of it.  (I was like 15 or something).  Did you ever notice Tidus progresses and his demeanor changes throughout the game? 

The sphere grid was pretty rad too, and you only really had to level it up to 100% it or beat super bosses.  You can't really do that without (unless you cheese it with Zanmato)

Congratulations?  If you didn't like it, why would you play it? (serious question)

No, I didn't notice that Tidus progressed at all. In fact I remember him whining and complaining right up until the end.  The only time he wasn't whining or complaining was during the...hold on I need to throw up a little bit...love scene (oh man was that scene hard to sit through).

Why did I play it all the way through? Back when the Day After Tomorrow came out me and my friend were slagging off that movie every chance we got but his girl friend (who loved the film) said "you can't complain about it since you haven't seen it" So we skipped out of school, went to the theatre in the middle of the afternoon (we were the only people in the theatre) and saw the stupid thing so we could complain about it.

This was something similar. I had never finished the game and thus couldn't rightly complain about something since I had never given it my full attention. Now I have beaten it (and every other little thing in it except the Butterfly game) so now I can :). Besides look at my platinums...I enjoy playing bad games for some reason ^_^

How dare you... It is dah best FF game evah... xD:P

Whew... Been waiting for your review since you platted the game... Worth it... Almost couldn't finished reading it cause i am laughing so hard in how you love Tidus and Yuna... xD

Hmmm... No mention of Rikku... Not sure if it is a good thing or not... :P

Well after reading the entire review I have really feIt your love for this game...

Grats for the plat and would ask the most obvious question: planning to play X-2?

I couldn't be bothered with Rikku, I know every Final Fantasy needs the annoying Lolita character (why can't they all be like Relm :() but she just drove me nuts. I never bothered to learn how to mix things and ended up not really ever using her (except for getting double the money).

And to answer your next question, no, no I am not. I can't do any more of this series :( The next Final Fantasy I will plat is when they rerelease FF7 for the PS4.

Let see he dissed Tidus, dissed the horribleness that is blitzball, said Auron was awesome, and included the gif of the "wonderful" Tidus laugh so the review was ok in my book although didn't think this plat would be in league with Fairy Tale Fights though dood xD

It isn't even close to Fairy Tale Fights bad. That game will always be the worst game I ever play (at least until #200... :() But this game is in good running for Worst of the Year.

Your review on FFX is pretty spot on (flame shield up)

FFX was the first FF game I played (PS2 version)

It has a special place in my heart,but that's about it.

It's not my favorite FF game (that one goes to FF VI)

I gave up on game because of the sphere grid trophies.

FF6 :). Oh how I wish that game had trophies, I would be among the first to plat it :D. And don't worry, I am the guy that bashed both Borderlands and FFX. My whole checklist has a flame shield around it ^_^

Well. I was checking the forum posts on the main screen after plugging in my latest trophies, they aren't much to look at in comparison to alot of people. 

I didn't want to be "one of those.." types of gamers that only plug in the easy ones for trophy/achivement padding. Like for instance *Holds up flame shield. 

-There's ALOT of people with Avatar the Airbender 360* title, since it gave 1k achivements for basically nothing.  

In comparison I wanted when people looked at my profile to go "Wow, He/She really worked on it."  Or "That's some dedication.." etc. 

Right now i'm sitting at 15 games/I just recently picked up a PS3 so i've not got all the fancy titles yet and it doesn't help there's not a game shop near me. 

But anyway.. 15/14.1%/111 Trophies. Within the past week i've popped about 27 of them, 2 of them haven't registered yet and two moar if I can learn how to be a ninja already. -NG Sigma II. 

-Bah. Enough babbling though, How does one even think about reaching what people like yourself did Mayus, or the other people of this site. 

I can't even fathom how long it took just to get one plat. o_O; 

Any tips on not failing? 

Wow your first post was in my checklist :) That is kind of cool. I remember my first plat came by almost accident. I was just replaying R&C Crack in Time and noticed I was pretty close to 100%. I started checking requirements to get the rest of the trophies and ended up getting my first platinum. Ever since then I have had a lot of fun going for them (in the good and bad games). I used to be pretty shy on not going for tougher games until an awesome guy/gamer Omnislash encouraged me to get some harder plats. I then got the platinum for 3D Dot Game Heroes and have had fun going after more challenging ones (I still enjoy the easy game every now and then).

I got some tough games planned for this year so we will see how all that goes. As for getting more platinums, well get involved in the site :). There are a ton of awesome gamers here and they are all very encouraging. They will offer up suggestions, congratulate you when you succeed and share in the misery when you fail.

Enjoy the site and good luck on the plats

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Your review points out a few of the reasons I've avoided purchasing FFX again. I actually have fond memories of the game, which I'm sure would be tarnished if my older, less forgiving self went back to it. (that and I hate random battles).

Also, I really like the new avatar/sig. Even with the glaring omission.

Tingle.png

• Like 1

Reguarding FF at least. I finished FFX/My thoughts were --- 

Tidus/Vaan. Same thing. Could do without both of them. *At least Shuyin was Somewhat passsable, because you know. He didn't speak. *points to the laughter scene among others* Tidus is the textbook creepy factor. 

Auron - I wish they touched up on his backstory more, same with Wakka/Lulu.  

Wakka - Same as above, He came from a place where religion was heavily influnced into his life and meeting the other guardians must have been a real struggle for him. 

Lulu - How did she get her powers? Why did she become a guardian? So many things left untold. 

Kimarhi - Horn/Backstory and other things about the Ronso. 

Seymour - This guy, Died so many times because I didn't bother to Sphere Grid Kimarhi that much for blue mage spells *Specifically Flux gave me the worst time. But I would have enjoyed to learn more about him/like the Al Bhed, he was hated because he was a hybrid. But why? 

FFX-2/Finished. 

Paine - She was okay didn't mind her too much

Rikku - I didn't mention her above since she was in both. But I would have liked to see more about the Al Bhed told, about why people dislike machina and her backstory, etc. 

Yuna - Backstory too we got a bit of it reguarding her father but not her mother who was part Al Bhed. 

FFXIII/Finished. I don't know why this got flak aside from boring plot and boring charecters and the all to familar "It's too linear.." So? Most JRPGs of the 1990s were doesn't mean it's bad. 

Hope - I disliked him for a bit part of the story I mean yeah what happened was tragic for a kid to witness but whining about it for HOURS ON END. Bleh. But toward the end I used him alot more in my party and became reliable. 

Lightning - Female cloud? *Anyway, She's part one of two badass female protaganists, adult anyway. I mean yeah she's kinda boring, but like Hope early game to mid she's shown to be like "I don't care, This isn't my problem.." Etc.  But toward the end opens up and ends up becoming likable.

Vanille - Where to start? You know that ear grating voice you hear from JRPG females? This is it. Not even Estelliese from ToV or Elize from ToX were this bad. *Also not even gonna mention when she gets a summon, for obvious reasons. One of the few I disliked in this game. 

Sazh? I don't remember how to pronounce it, He was okay, His son is ** creepy/Tidus level for sure. Those eyes man. They stare into your soul. 

Fang- The stuff Yuri was made from, Part Deux of our badass female protaganists, I liked her alot. 

Snow - I have no words, easily worst charecter in this game. "I'm gonna help out Sarah, I must find Sarah, I'm gonna get married to her.." Nevermind the fact that going gung- ho never works out, ever. And getting your teammates killed is never smart.  

-Sorry for huge wall of text. ._.; I just wanted to get it all done at once. :3

• Like 1