Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

• 2 weeks later...

1Laa0829.png

#160-Zombie Driver HD

This game is like Twisted Metal and Dead Nation failed at the fusion dance. Meaning instead of this

o794cl.jpg

We get this :(

2gy6l93.jpg

The game isn't the worst in the world (although the races sucked) but it really wasn't anything special. I picked it up for like 2 bucks though so whatever.

But that being said, the real reason I platted this game is...well take it away Johnny :D (ignore the little kid this is the only video I could find of this song)

1L73188f.png1L63ea73.png1L3c467c.png1L3d25f1.png1L055d5c.png1L70c1cc.png1Lb6376a.png1L26fdf9.png

1L9d68f7.png1L59b7b3.png1L6ee9fc.png1L132e02.png

1Lad8866.png1L9e6241.png1L320304.png1L98f4cc.png

1L03861e.png1Lf3c1ee.png1L286b6f.png1L386a7e.png

1Lebf031.png1L30462e.png1L722429.png1Lf2558a.png

1Lc65b1a.png1L5f9f9b.png1Laa0829.png

• Like 1

Congrats on completing the platinum alphabet dood! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks :D. Now I need to make some letters better (Dragon will be happy when my X turns to X-Com :P)

^  Whaaa?  That's so badass that you did that!  Congrats Dr_Mayus!

You have won a showering bunny.

Bunny-Shower.gif

That is badass on its own ^_^

I started up 3...played for about 20 minutes and turned, opening dialog finally ended, played for about 10 more minutes after that but honestly I was so taken out by the opening dialog I just couldn't care to play the game at that moment and then I never went back.

That's funny, it happened to me as well xD

I wanted to start the MGS franchise I decided to start with 3 (in July 2013) , played for about 20 mins and left it gathering dust. Then I played MGS 1 (psone classics) and fell in love with the franchise, from the first moved to the second and then the third, which is a true masterpiece. If you ever want to start MGS franchise start with the 1st, as it is very cinematic and overall an awesome game.

• Like 1

That's funny, it happened to me as well xD

I wanted to start the MGS franchise I decided to start with 3 (in July 2013) , played for about 20 mins and left it gathering dust. Then I played MGS 1 (psone classics) and fell in love with the franchise, from the first moved to the second and then the third, which is a true masterpiece. If you ever want to start MGS franchise start with the 1st, as it is very cinematic and overall an awesome game.

Well there are 4 games that have been sitting in my backlog for too long and 2015 is the year I complete them. 3 of them are too shut some gamers up ^_^ and the other is MGS 3.

I am shooting my way through Resonance of Fate (ok Dood)

I want the take down the alien threat in X-Com (happy Dragon)

And finally I want to capture the souls of Demon's (OK that one is to shut me up as I always say I am going to plat Demon's souls for my next milestone...I have been doing it since platinum number 50)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1L5f9436.png

#161-Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

Well I actually liked this game a lot more than a lot of people did. I swore off AC games after the second one, but this one was on sale and it didn't have any online stuff so I picked it up to see if the series progress at all since 2010.

The annoying "run up walls instead of around them" feature is still here but the combat seems better (I couldn't just mash :square: to win every battle this time around) and the collectables (while still too many) were easy enough to find.

The story was...whatever...and the voice acting was..."french" but there wasn't anything terrible offensive about either.

Where this game REALLY lost points with me was in the near game breaking glitch I had where when I tried to change costumes the screen went black. If I paused it the colour came back but in the actual game it was black again. I restarted my ps3 and it was still happening :( I solved it by discovering in Eagle mode you can see and by fast travelling and then completing some missions I was able to get it to revert back to normal.

Also I read (before starting) that if you activate the UPlay Connor quest before starting you would need to beat that for 100% so I ignored that feature and just beat the game. Well the plat didn't pop so I had to load up UPlay (which shuts off the game) and download the Connor quest and beat it and plat popped. SO my question is, if that quest is needed for the Plat and it doesn't cost anything...why don't they just include it in the game and not make you guess how to get it. I should never have to exit out of the game to get the platinum...that is just dumb.

So in the end, fun title for 8 bucks, but it hasn't sold me on the AC franchise again.

• Like 1

That´s a lot of plats mate, you got a really nice prescription right there, your videos are cool hope to see something about the road to 200 plat :)

Just notice you completed your goal to achieve a plat in every letter, CONGRATZ  :awesome:

My time will come too only left like 13 letters or so xD  

• Like 1

Dammit BT you scared him off and after all the ground work I laid out to get him to finally play it dood :shakefist:

Nothing scares me :shakefist: ...well except for my #200

That´s a lot of plats mate, you got a really nice prescription right there, your videos are cool hope to see something about the road to 200 plat :)

Just notice you completed your goal to achieve a plat in every letter, CONGRATZ  :awesome:

My time will come too only left like 13 letters or so xD  

Thanks :D. I enjoyed the Road to 100 and I have some stuff planned for 200. Although I fear what I have to play for 200...no mortal man should have to endure it :(

• Like 1

Thanks :D. I enjoyed the Road to 100 and I have some stuff planned for 200. Although I fear what I have to play for 200...no mortal man should have to endure it :(

I´m sure with a litle help of your troops you should make the right decision :D 

• Like 1

I´m sure with a litle help of your troops you should make the right decision :D

A bit of a spoiler, we don't see the troops this time. We will be seeing the individuals responsible for sending me these packages. It is a Nightmare of a group and only the most heinous of villains will get in.

21o33mf.jpg

#162-Halo: Combat Evolved

I have to say it is about time this game got remastered for the PS3. I have been wanting to play this for awhile and am glad I finally got the chance to.

Does this game live up to the hype? Well it is a solid shooter and I had a ton of fun getting the platinum but I don't think it is the mega-blockbuster its fans made it out to be.

Here is hoping the sales were good enough to warrant releasing the sequels as well. Maybe they can just bundle them together and release them all for the PS4, I would pick that collection up.

Congrats with the new plat ;), my favorite part was:

LOL, one of the better April Fools jokes I've seen today :yay:

• Like 1

1L2c3a76.png

#162-Ratchet & Clank-Vita

OK this is my legit #162 :P

So you may or may not know I am a pretty big R&C fan ^_^ I picked up the HD collection on Vita because it was on sale and I wanted to own all of the Insomniac platinums...suffice to say this is a very bad port.

I had a lot of sound issues where half the sound effects would drop in and out, there frame rate seemed to drop a lot and the biggest problem of all was mapping the R2 and L2 buttons to the back touchpad. It made the hoverboard stuff a lot more challenging than they needed to be as when I wanted to press the button I couldn't find it but I would accidentally press it when I jumped causing me to crash.

It was fun replaying the game but a huge step backwards from the Ps2 and Ps3 version. Hopefully Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal play better :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1L31ab90.png

163-Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando

This is in my top 10 favourite games of all time, it was my first game on the PS2 and it introduced me to the R&C franchise.

That is why it is sad that MM screwed up the port so bad for it on Vita :( Once again the L2 and R2 buttons not being there was a huge problem. I had to grind out for the RYNO 2 because honestly I didn't think I could beat the game without strafing and side jumping. I was getting killed over and over at certain spots because the back touchpad wasn't reliable enough to execute the moves correctly.

Also I don't know if this is true or not (as it has been awhile since i did the Ace races on PS3) but the controls for the races seemed very loose. The first 2 races I would keep bouncing around and the camera would shift awkwardly causing me to miss a ring or crash (funny enough the 3rd race only took me 3 attempts to beat :P). 

Finally some sound effects kept disappearing or continuing beyond usage. The sheepinator was the worse as if you shot it once the sound wouldn't stop until you switched weapons. On top of that certain graphics kept disappearing and wouldn't come back until you turned off the game or switched worlds (most notably the rings in the Ace races).

So while it is still a great game, I really wish they could have gotten Insomniac to port it instead of Mass Media :(

• Like 1

1Lc4cd9b.png

#164-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

All Ratchets platinumed again :)...well except that stupid Playstation Move Heroes game :(...anyways

I have been complaining about the back touchpad being a piece of shit and that is still the problem here. BUT at least this game has the ability to switch your control style from regular to Strafe mode so I could use that if I wanted to.

Also this port seemed to be the best as I only had 1 sound issue and the graphic pop-in problem wasn't apparent (although the game did crash on me once).

So after beating the PS2, PS3 and Vita versions I have come to the conclusion that Sony was just trying to make the Vita versions the "hard mode" versions and that is why they crippled the controls :P

• Like 4