Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

yes and no. Like yesterday I got 20000 credits (you need 100000) in a couple of hours but that is with no random people showing up. If you start getting random people (which you usually do) then it really hurts how many credits you can earn.

The best is if you can get 8 people together because then the server is full and no one else can join. You do need a minimum of 4 people to boost as well.

Congrats on another Ultra Rare plat , you just might catch up to me as I seem to do either  hard ones or just really long ones.

well it is a good thing that I am working on Skyrim, X-Com, Modnation Racers and Mortal Kombat...that might slow me down a wee-bit :P

1L386a7e.png

#130-Skyrim

OK for those of you who have been reading my daily Status updates you know I was having a pretty fun time playing this game.To everyone else you already know that this is a fun and epic game and there is not too much more I need to say about it.

Now is it a perfect game, far from it, but it does enough right that I can forgive the often humorous stuff that does happen. I was actually lucky, much like my Fallout 3 playthrough I didn't run in to too many errors. The game froze on me 3 times and only once did an event not trigger (and loading fixed that right up). I know it is pretty sad that 3 freezes and a glitched event equals a great experience but from what I heard about this game that is pretty damn impressive.

Now I am pretty tired so if you want to know more about my thoughts go back and read my status updates. Until then FOS Roh Dah (epic music starts careening in :P)

1Lc6741c.png

#131-Fairytale Fights

So almost 4 years ago to the day (I miss the 4 year mark by 2 days :shakefist: ) I earned my first trophy for this game. I saw it on Kijiji for 5$ and looked at the trailer and it looked like a clever little beat 'em up so I decided "what the hell" and picked it up. I beat it for the first time in a couple of days and then decided to wait 2 years to play it again and then waited another 2 years to finish it Why did I finish it? Because I don't let crappy games beat me :angry: . Now let me tell you a Tale of horror :(

This game is bad, in fact I would go so far as to say this is the worst game I have ever played (at least the worst game on PS3). It has beat out Tony Hawk Ride, Kung Fu Panda 2 and We Dare. Simply put it is BORING, it is repetitive, the trophies are stupid, it is repetitive, the controls are broken and it is repetitive. Allow me to go through the trophies in detail as to fully explain why this game just SUCKS.

Difficulty doesn't stack and Awful controls

Did I mention this game is repetitive :| So this game is probably the most bland game I have ever played. There is only one attack and that is done by pressing the Right Stick in any dirrection. There is no dodge or block button so on the harder difficulties you just get bum-rushed by enemies and have no way of defending yourself. There was a particular spot where there was a river you had to jump, on the other side of the river were two archers who just kept shooting you (there is no reload time) and every time they hit you you would fall in the river. The only way to get past was if you still had a weapon you could try throwing it or to jump far enough that you respawn on the other side. Another spot where there would be 6-8 knights all rushing you with archers in hard to reach spots taking pot-shots at you. All that would happen is you would die and hope that your respawn would stun enemies long enough to get a couple of shots on them (there is no recovery time either so once you get hit you get stuck in a damage loop).

The game also plays like you are on a skating rink. It is very hard to walk normally so you end up missing gold and jewels you were trying to pick up or you perform a jump and just slide right off the platform you are standing on. Attacking launches you forward so if you are not careful you will be attacking an enemy and go flying off a cliff or stop attacking him because you have gone to the side and are now attacking a wall.

So all of that sucks but even if you beat it on Hard you still have to beat it on Easy and Medium...but then you have to also beat it on Easy/Medium/Hard in Co-Op as well. That is 6 playthroughs of this boring game. Also for Co-OP you can play by yourself and just add the second player in at the end so it really just makes you play through each difficulty twice for no reason.

Statue Upgrades

Fine you have to play through 6 times but at least that will help work towards earning enough money to build the statue...except it doesn't. One I had beat the game 6 times I still had to grind out over 3 million in gold. The best level you can do is Chapter 9 which takes 15 minutes to beat and that only gives you 300,000 gold. So you need to grind that level 10-12 times to earn enough to buy the stupid statue

Arena Battles

Believe it or not but this game has multiplayer...you need to do 100 arena battles to get the trophy. 100 matches is a lot in good games, now imagine doing that in a piece of shit game :). Luckily this is offline multiplayer so it can be boosted quickly with a second controller but that just makes it even more pointless. I've always said make your requirements for multiplayer low. If people like it they will keep playing it and if people don't like it then they aren't pissed off.

Pointless Trophies

Slide around in blood for 3 minutes (mess up at all and have to start over), Stand still for 15 minutes in the hub world, Randomly receive a trophy from a random wishing well, Drink 1000 potions (this took more than my 6 playthroughs as well) and so many more.

Collectables + Checklists

So you have to also use one of every weapon (161 in the game), open all chests (close to 400) and get an A in all levels. The thing is you have NO IDEA which ones you have done because it doesn't keep track. It also doesn't keep track which levels you have beaten on what difficulty. The fun thing as well is, if you know it is Chapter 10 you missed a chest on you have to collect every chest again in that level and not just the one you missed. There is also one chest/weapon you have to die in a specific spot to respawn in another part of the world. How you were supposed to figure that out is beyond me.

I could keep going with how crap this game is but I am done. I am done playing crappy games for awhile and am glad that this game is finally out of my backlog.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME

• Like 2

Congrats on your recent plats, Skyrim was long but fun and relaxing plat but that other game sounds torture. Don't blame you for wanting to do a fun plat.

Yeah Skyrim was great and the funny thing about FTF was after awhile it was almost like Stockholm Syndrome as I adapted to the terrible gameplay and started forgetting why it was so bad. Then I would get ganged up on by a bunch of dwarves who would drain all my gold away with no way of escaping and I would remember why I hated the game so much.

After platting it I threw on some R&C Going Commando to remind myself what good games were like :)

It was :( But now I am playing Bioshock Infinite and having a great time :D. It seems harder than the first one as there seems to be way more enemies all with guns (splicers were more melee based in Bioshock).

should i buy fairytale fights it looks fun to me and if i enjoy a game i dont mind playing 6 times

Congrats on Fairytale. Didn't take to long to mop that up. I can say that I probablly would never bother to go back to it. Even though I'd love to clean up my back log of games I have started i have far better games to play.

the only way to really appreciate a good game is to replay bad ones ^_^ or maybe that is just me :(

I have a couple bad games here. At least people consider dark void and Harry Potter and the deathly hollows part 1 bad games. I'll find out for myself.

I liked Dark Void, just be careful there is a trophy glitch that will make you have to restart the whole game if you don't upgrade properly. Read the guide carefully before starting

1L5f9f9b.png

#132-Ys: Memories of Celceta

This was  near perfect RPG and I am so happy it was available on the golden sale. I have been waiting for a sale for this game since Christmas so I had to snatch it up at 19.99. Fast paced combat, excellent story, one of my favourite soundtracks and just an all around amazing game.

I heard a lot of reports that people found Nightmare easy but even at max level with fully powered up legendary weapons I was still just chipping away at bosses (even in stagger mode) also I had fully upgraded armour (the best in the game) and I was still getting 1-hit killed by bosses O_o.

Regardless I recommend this game and I can now say I have a Y platinum. Just X and Z left :D

So take it away Norah

• Like 2

1Lbcabf0.png

#133-The Raven

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS...BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE THIS GAME SUCKS

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

So I was actually pretty excited about this game. The trailer looked pretty cool, it seemed to have a dark sense of humour about it and all in all for 5 bucks I thought "what the hell"

This is a Point and Click adventure (or more like a drag and click since you can't use the Move and have to use the controller) and it SUCKS. There are barely any puzzles to be solved and as long as you madly click on everything that has a magnify glass you can't go wrong. The thing is though the controls are so bad you often miss clues because you are not situated in the EXACT position and angle to see it. I honestly thought my game was glitched (more on that) because there was supposed to be some bottles but I couldn't interact with them. I could see them, I knew they were there but until I turned ever so slightly they didn't show up. The thing is you can't turn slightly because just touching the analog stick sends your character into a complete spasm and you have to calm him down to focus. It is also one of those games where if you walk too far the camera switches and all of a sudden up is down and down is up so the first time you don't know and accidentally walk back towards the camera which of course makes the controls reverse again.

The game is also full of glitches. There is the known one where if you skip any dialog or press X instead of O then it locks out the trophy (I didn't know I was at that point in the story so I had to replay the first part of the game a second time to try again). There were also glitches where vital people wouldn't show up, clues wouldn't be around (until i reloaded) the option to back out of a zoomed in shot wasn't there etc. This caused me to reload my game often meaning I had to redo a bunch of shit twice.

The graphics, sweet mother of funk, the graphics. Now I know graphics don't make or break a game but when I have conversations with people and they are looking in the complete opposite direction of you and their mouths are just opening and closing randomly and they have this vacant stare that never blinks you have to rethink how important graphics really are.

Finally the Story...remember SPOILERS

The butler did it...no shit that is actually the badguy. I called that the first time I saw him and, what a twist I was right. I was actually surprised because I really didn't think anyone could do the Butler is the bad guy cliche in this day and age. Ready for twist #2? The overly-suspicious former Nazi doctor turns out to be...A BAD GUY :o. Man who thought that the guy acting suspiciously from the beginning would be suspicious. Alright twist #3...the main character who spends the whole game narrating to himself about how the Raven couldn't be involved turns out to be The Raven...wait...what the fuck that is just stupid. It is so stupid it needs its own paragraph.

So the guy spends the whole game telling himself the Raven isn't a killer and that this couldn't be the Raven and then it turns out he is the Raven...well no shit Sherlock. Glad you figured out that YOU didn't do it. I mean this was just a complete bullshit Twist (that I actually called) because there was no hints that this guy could be The Raven. I only called it because I thought it would be too obvious that the Butler was the bad guy and said "it is probably you" Also he reminded me too much of Shelby from Heavy Rain and I thought  "what are the chances that there are 2 games out there that you play as a heavy-set middle aged detective...I bet Jacob is evil as well"

OK, stupidity #2. You have a huge conversation with your daughter where you both pretend to be someone else...but the thing is NO ONE IS AROUND SO WHY ARE YOU BOTH PRETENDING. Then the game actually has two of the crooks openly talking about the burglary with the mystery novelist standing right next to them. So when you are alone you have to pretend but when you are next to someone who writes crime novels for a living you can just openly talk about the crimes you are ready to commit.

Anyways the games story just gets dumber and dumber and I have put too much thought into it already. I am going to have a new rule, if the developers can't be bothered to put effort into their story then I won't put effort into these Recent Platinum posts anymore.

• Like 2