Neocarleen

PSN Mid-Year Sale (NA)

86 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

I'm so sorry for you.

LMFAO xD

You know what? I should also tag you whenever somebody mentions the surge hahaha 😂

Edited by PooPooBlast

6 hours ago, Paleblood said:

I'm so sorry for you.

Feel sorry for when I finally get around to playing it. Considering I've played Demons, DS and DS2 and I heard Nioh/Surge is sorta DS Lite and sorta not.

pretty much definitely fairy fencer f dark advent. considering FF Type-0 as well, utawarerumono games i'd want, but more so at around $15 a piece so will pass on those for now likely. those two would come around to about $45 after taxes, and not sure if they're any good. 

13 hours ago, RJP_X said:

those two would come around to about $45 after taxes, and not sure if they're any good. 

I'm curious: You are actually charged taxes on digital purchases? Is this also true of Netflix et al.? We aren't in Canada, for reasons I do not understand...

(On a sale note, I actually picked up thirty some games because hey, at this point my backlog is a lost cause anyhow)

2 minutes ago, visighost said:

I'm curious: You are actually charged taxes on digital purchases? Is this also true of Netflix et al.? We aren't in Canada, for reasons I do not understand...

(On a sale note, I actually picked up thirty some games because hey, at this point my backlog is a lost cause anyhow)

hahaha... I purposely haven't looked yet but likely will add a wack too if I do.

Got a VR recently so I'm excited to see so many VR titles on sale. Picked up Driveclub, DiRT Rally, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and DOOM along with some other non-VR games. Too bad SUPERHOT isn't on sale, as been wanting to play that as well. 

Very good sale. Some DLC I wanted. Pity european sales usually pale in comparison.

Correction, DLC is available only for PS4 I wanted it for PS3. Can't see the point of having the same game on sale on one of the consoles and not the others, specially if it's a old game. Sony were never very smart, most probable explanation. It's not the publisher who decides which items go on sale but Sony that "invites"tem to do so.

Edited by cris3f

43 minutes ago, visighost said:

Thirty some games??  Having a backlog that's a lost cause is a valid point.  When too much became way too much a while back, what's a little more?

22 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

No new games added to the list?

the games will change on the 17th of tuesday when they have another sale set up. there's a very low chance that there will be a flash sale this week (but it seems unlikely due to mid year sale) so the greater chance will be on the 20th or 27th.

nothing new has been added to the list. feel free to pick up anything you still may want.

2 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

the games will change on the 17th of tuesday when they have another sale set up. there's a very low chance that there will be a flash sale this week (but it seems unlikely due to mid year sale) so the greater chance will be on the 20th or 27th.

nothing new has been added to the list. feel free to pick up anything you still may want.

Ok thanks, there's a couple of titles I'll buy,  specially one that has been long time on my wishlist :)

39 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Thirty some games??  Having a backlog that's a lost cause is a valid point.  When too much became way too much a while back, what's a little more?

It's always a combo of:

-Games the kids want (Shred It, Momonga, Toto Temple...)

-Games that are too cheap not to take a chance on despite various issues (Oh Sir, Lovely Planet, Circuit Breakers...)

-Games that have been on my wishlist for a while (What Remains of Edith Finch, Rain World, Ys Origin...)

-Games I didn't know about but that seem very interesting (Mr. Shifty, Reus, Silence...)

It's at time like these I truly appreciate @cornshaq's reviews. I wonder why more game sites don't cover them. It would seem right up the mandate of some liberal (for lack of a better term) game sites such as Polygon or Kotaku. I'm not asking for 40h, in-depth reviews, but some sort of impressions would be nice since cornshaq can't cover them all!

5 hours ago, visighost said:

yep, its been a thing gradually going over state by state in the U.S. just hit R.I. back in april. i hear online shopping sites like amazon have been doing this as well. i haven't ordered from them in awhile, but sometimes like too, so it'll be disappointing paying shipping plus taxes if the case.

@visighost, there was a court ruling regarding tax laws that was repealed recently.

There was a court case in North Dakota in the early 90s that said a physical presence was required to collect sales tax; so if you bought a Netflix subscription in CA, you'd pay sales tax as that's where it's headquarted, but you wouldn't pay tax if you lived in Wyoming.

Though some states have always had tax laws requiring sales tax to be collected regardless of physical presence, smaller retailers would ignore the rules. Those laws are now being looked at with more scrutiny since the ND decision was overturned. And now more states are looking at making sales tax a requirement. This will affect product prices because now online distributors will have to adhere to every state's tax laws.... so this probably means some kind of accountant or tax lawyer plus the new sales tax.

Edited by eigen-space

I noticed that from time to time Painkiller: Hell & Damnation goes on sale for $1.99, however it has 4 dlc sets that add trophies and they never go on sale as far as I know, they are ~$22 in total. Sadly there is no dlc bundle. I would give this game a try if they put the dlc on sale once in a while.

12 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Did anyone else notice the prices go up?

Can you post an example?

14 minutes ago, HesterKRGod said:

Can you post an example?

Many, maybe most. But to choose one only just say cars 3 from 15.99  to 19.99. But almost all really.

Classics ps4 bundle 5.99 to 7.99. Pretty much anything you name it. I only see a few that are the same as before now.

10 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Many, maybe most. But to choose one only just say cars 3 from 15.99  to 19.99. But almost all really.

Classics ps4 bundle 5.99 to 7.99. Pretty much anything you name it. I only see a few that are the same as before now.

Cars 3 is only $15.99 if you are a ps+ member. It's at $19.99 if you are not. Maybe the price for you appeared to change because your playstation plus ran out for your account within the last few days?

11 minutes ago, HesterKRGod said:

Cars 3 is only $15.99 if you are a ps+ member. It's at $19.99 if you are not. Maybe the price for you appeared to change because your playstation plus ran out for your account within the last few days?

Nope, mine hasn't. And the only games that are showing up the same for me are a few that actually do have ps plus discounts on them.

Ok weird. As an update, they actually are not showing the discount on the menu screen, but the discount DOES show up if I actually click on a game.

Four of the games on my list were on sale 60-70% off. Thanks for the update - great sale!

4 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Nope, mine hasn't. And the only games that are showing up the same for me are a few that actually do have ps plus discounts on them.

Ok weird. As an update, they actually are not showing the discount on the menu screen, but the discount DOES show up if I actually click on a game.

That's odd that is happening to you, however I knew the prices didn't actually change so I wanted to make you aware of that, and I asked you about which games you appeared to have issues with to diagnose the problem. I'm glad it's been figured out though!

23 minutes ago, HesterKRGod said:

That's odd that is happening to you, however I knew the prices didn't actually change so I wanted to make you aware of that, and I asked you about which games you appeared to have issues with to diagnose the problem. I'm glad it's been figured out though!

Yea, thanks for making me aware they didn't change!

7 hours ago, HesterKRGod said:

Can you post an example?

I did. It is stated in the description of the game. Most games say discount from July 3 to July 17, while some were on discount only from July 3 to July 10. Also, I think a few games were on discount since June 26.

Finally looked at the sale and not sure whether or not to buy Drink Box Vita Collection, I mostly want it for Guacamelee because the other games I'm not sure on how good they are, and the bundle is cheaper than Guacamelee on sale alone right now which makes sense.

So far I just bought the Fallout 4 DLC. But I was taking a look at:

Black Mirror

Blackwood Crossing

For Honor

I am Setsuna 

Matterfall

Observer

Rain World

Lego City Undercover

What Remains of Edith Finch

Yes my wallet will likely hate me by the end of this sale 😅