Locked Platinum, matchmaking broken

bobjoehill

I'm almost positive no one cares about this game, but I tried to boost with a friend a couple of days ago and continually got a matchmaking error. I looked at the Reddit for the game and it appears the studio behind the game shut down, so there is little chance whatever issue is happening, if it is happening for everyone, is going to get patched. If you have this on your trophy list unfinished, looks like its going to stay that way forever. The platinum is essentially locked since you cannot find a match in any capacity, even with friends.

It's really sad actually. The guy made such awesome Twisted Metal back in the days. David Jaffe is a cool dude but whatever he was going thru then really killed the franchise with TM3 and then he left Sony and started his own studio and made this crap. I remember when they originally was gonna charge for game but it was so bad and low sales that it went psplus immediately. Even then it didnt help keep the servers alive. Im surprised it hasnt shutdown yet.

This is true. I had one trophy left to get the platinum when the servers stopped working in late March or so.
I got it recently with 2 PS4s, my account with PSplus, and a second account that I had from my friend who I started the 14 day free trail for PSplus.

It's the only way to play online now.
No one can connect.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Butella said:

Yeah, that's unbelievable.

I agree. Unless you want to play the shooting gallery for the rest of your days, the multiplayer is the only real option for gameplay. Sony should at least have the decency to take it off the store, or warn people, or something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...