Howdy

TheElecPlay

I've been a PSN Profiles member since mid- 2011 but have since changed my PSN ID. Wanted to start fresh anyway.

I'm known for creating the Yakuza Locations Tour videos (2012, 2016, 2017) - a documentary series comparing real-life Kabukicho, Tokyo and the fictionalized Kamurocho featured in the main Yakuza games by Sega.

Yakuza Locations Tour 2012 (Comparing to Yakuza 5)

Yakuza Locations Tour 2016 (Comparing to Yakuza 6)

A Dragon Among Men Tour - Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 (Comparing to KIWAMI 2)

I'm also known for as my in-depth fully translated simultaneous live-streams of Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2

I used to be a PSN 'trophy hunter' but I realized it wasn't as fun especially with online multiplayer games. I'm back and I will be doing more Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) coverage on my twitch channel, YouTube and PSN Profiles to help out importers. 

Edited by noahez92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, noahez92 said:

I'm known for creating the Yakuza Locations Tour videos (2012, 2016, 2017) - a documentary series comparing real-life Kabukicho, Tokyo and the fictionalized Kamurocho featured in the main Yakuza games by Sega as well as my as well as my in-depth fully translated simultaneous live-streams of Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2. I used to be a PSN 'trophy hunter' but I realized it wasn't as fun especially with online multiplayer games. I'm back and I will be doing more Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) coverage on my twitch channel, YouTube and PSN Profiles to help out importers. 

This is neat! I enjoy the series. I'll be interested in seeing the tour videos!

21 hours ago, DrHambone said:

This is neat! I enjoy the series. I'll be interested in seeing the tour videos!

Appreciate it, @DrHambone

21 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

are you sure about this?...i could've sworn the site was created sometime in 2011...could be wrong though...

Yeah that was a typo *early-mid 2011 ish* its been several years. 

9 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hello, hello! Welcome to the site.

Hope you enjoy your time around here.  :)

Appreciate the warm welcome, @Honor_Hand

49 minutes ago, Jelloycat said:

Hello! :) 

The Yakuza games always looked pretty fun, I'll have to check them out some day. 

@Jelloycat absolutely. In fact, Sony is releasing a Greatest Hits lineup and Yakuza 0 and the remake of Yakuza 1 (Yakuza Kiwami) will be sold at a value price. What I love about these games is the fact that unlike a lot of other franchises, the Yakuza games are far removed from episodic storytelling. Every game is treated as if its the last one - there are no cliffhangers or open endings to set up the next installment. Every game is firm and definitive. 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome!

I've been eyeing the Yakuza games for a couple of years (since 4 came free with PS+) but I didn't play any until a few months after 0 came out. It quickly became one of my favourite series ever and I've platted both zero and kiwami. Now I'm waiting for the western release of kiwami 2, so I can continue the story. I've already got 3 (physical), 4 and 5 (ps+) on PS3 ready to go for when I finish Kiwami 2. So starting august 22, the rest of the year will be predominantly Yakuza for me :D. Just a shame that Kiwami 3 will probably take another long while to get localised after the Japanese release, so I will have to make do with the PS3 version for now.

As I've been interested learning some of the language I've also been looking at maybe getting some of the Japanese versions (Ishin at least), but  the import costs are just too high for me to justify spending my budget on right now. Also there are loads of different versions to import. I'd like to get the Japanese trophy set, but I'm not exactly sure if the (cheaper) Japanese Asian version is linked to this list. I'm still very new to importing games.

I'm sure to keep an eye or your Twitch and Youtube channels!

17 hours ago, dermarx said:

Welcome, nice to meet you.

I enjoyed Yakuza 0 so far. Should go back and finish the platinum

@dermarxBest of luck to you. The minigame related trophies are what's keeping me away from getting the platinum.

15 hours ago, Ric said:

Hello and welcome!

I've been eyeing the Yakuza games for a couple of years (since 4 came free with PS+) but I didn't play any until a few months after 0 came out. It quickly became one of my favourite series ever and I've platted both zero and kiwami. Now I'm waiting for the western release of kiwami 2, so I can continue the story. I've already got 3 (physical), 4 and 5 (ps+) on PS3 ready to go for when I finish Kiwami 2. So starting august 22, the rest of the year will be predominantly Yakuza for me :D. Just a shame that Kiwami 3 will probably take another long while to get localised after the Japanese release, so I will have to make do with the PS3 version for now.

As I've been interested learning some of the language I've also been looking at maybe getting some of the Japanese versions (Ishin at least), but  the import costs are just too high for me to justify spending my budget on right now. Also there are loads of different versions to import. I'd like to get the Japanese trophy set, but I'm not exactly sure if the (cheaper) Japanese Asian version is linked to this list. I'm still very new to importing games.

I'm sure to keep an eye or your Twitch and Youtube channels!

@Ric They haven't announced anything with regards to 'Kiwami-ing' the later installments : Yakuza 3, 4 or 5. They're currently remastering those games for PS4 but part of me is interested in seeing what features from later games will appear in 3, 4 and 5. For instance, in the HD Editions of Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2, they implemented several mechanics from Yakuza 4/Dead Souls where you can item manage your inventory at any telephone booth, full camera control while in combat for RGG 1 as well as having a check mark on every item you've eaten/drank for completionists. I'll definitely be streaming the Remastered 3, 4 and 5 when it comes out and translating them for importers out there.

5 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Welcome to the site! :]

Appreciate it, @Squirlruler

2 hours ago, Durandal said:

And howdy to you too!

Howdy, @Durandal

• 1 month later...

I'm also a YouTuber and from time to time I upload various gaming videos (easter eggs, livestreams and reviews)

My first YouTube video ever:

I had the opportunity and great fortune to interview creator of Video Games Live and video game composer, Tommy Tallarico at the Istana Budaya in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Tommy Tallarico has been part of the video game industry for over 20 years creating music and sound effects for hundreds of games, including my all-time personal favorite, Earthworm Jim.

As one of the most successful video game composers in history, Tommy has helped revolutionize the gaming world, creating unique audio landscapes that enhance the video gaming experience. He is considered the person most instrumental in changing the game industry from bleeps & bloops to real music now appreciated worldwide by tens of millions of fans.

Tommy Tallarico and I reviewed Earthworm Jim on both the SEGA Genesis and Super Nintendo. Tommy shares a bit of history about the inception of the creation and development of Earthworm Jim. We also share our distaste with the recent HD remake, Earthworm Jim HD.

Edited by noahez92
  • Like 1