Sacred Symbols: a new PS centered podcast by Colin Moriarty

Wavergray

Interesting. I've always been a fan of Colin and found that even when I disagree with the things he says, he explains why and how he came to that conclusion and he also shows respect to those who don't agree with him. I've never really been a podcast guy but my wife has been trying to get me into them, this seems like a perfect starting point. 

Parker

• Like 2

BEYOND!

Man it feels great having Colin back especially after Greg and the bunch betrayed him when it comes to PS I Love You XOXO 

I cant wait to embark on this new journey that will hopefully last as long as BEYOND! did. I am excited. 

• Like 1

I listened to the first episode yesterday and I thought it was great! Ever since Colin's breakup with Kinda Funny that resulted in the end of PS I Love You, I've had this big void in my life that I couldn't fill. Listening to Sacred Symbols, I instantly felt at home - it all feels very familiar (which is a very good thing!). While it's clear that Chris Ray Gun doesn't have the same kind of in-depth knowledge of PlayStation that Colin and Greg do, I still thought he did a very good job and I'm sure he'll grow on me further as time goes on. I've really missed listening to these kinds of PlayStation podcasts. Now I have something to look forward to every week once again and I couldn't be happier! ^_^

As I was listening to the first episode, I finally bit the bullet and created a Patreon account to support Colin since he's been putting out tons of great content that I consume regularly. The $5/mo tier and up means you get the Sacred Symbols episodes three days earlier than everyone else, so it's definitely worth it, not to mention all the other stuff Colin does. That dude is a serious workaholic. I don't know how he does it. :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Colin Moriarty one of the hosts of "Podcast Beyond" and "PS I Love You XOXO" has returned with a brand new weekly Playstation centered podcast called Sacred Symbols.

Another fan of CLS! :dance:

You best be a monthly subscriber!! Gotta support! 

His Side Quest videos are great, wish there were more let's plays and reviews though

As far as Sacred Symbols I dunno about CRG as the second person, and I really think it needs 3 people imo to get the chemistry right. 

But I hope for the best and I'll be tuning in every week. 

Now if Ryan Clemence could get on there that would be awesome. But probably can't because of Sony :(

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 0:24 PM, Soufwar said:

BEYOND!

Man it feels great having Colin back especially after Greg and the bunch betrayed him when it comes to PS I Love You XOXO 

I cant wait to embark on this new journey that will hopefully last as long as BEYOND! did. I am excited. 

I never heard what happened. How did it go down with KF and the breakup?

The podcast is great. I listened to it yesterday and its vintage Colin, surly as ever. I agree with @Undead Wolf that Chris doesn't have the knowledge base and it shows, but I'm hoping as the show goes on, his knowledge will grow, purely out of necessity. So happy a playstation centric show is back!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I never heard what happened. How did it go down with KF and the breakup?

It was a complicated situation, but it can be basically boiled down to the fact that Colin made a joke in poor taste. Which caused the politically correct people of the gaming industry to attack him. The joke was just a gateway to attack him because they really just didn't like the fact that he was politically conservative. Instead of being on Colin side, the rest of the guys from KF just kind of threw him under the bus using the excuse that it would hurt the company if they sided with him. Based on things that have been said by Colin and Greg after the fact, the real reason was because of creative differences on how they wanted the company to go. Colin wanted it to be a more serious thing with a little comedy on the side while Greg and the others wanted to be full comedy.

The whole joke situation was an avenue that was used to push Colin out of the company. About a year later Colin said he was more than willing to put things behind them and still be friends but Greg said no and basically to never talk to him again. In the end it really just made Greg look like the worst kind of friend who only looks out for himself. Colin was his best friend who stuck there with him through his cancer and everything and Greg decided to end there year long friendship over the fact that Colin is conservative and that he made a joke in poor taste. 

However, this is all just my view on how things happen based on what I found. Of the KF group, Colin was the only one I could stand so I'm more inclined to take Colin side in everything.
If you looking to it yourself you may reach a different conclusion on how things went down.

Edited by soultaker655
typos
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

it was a complicated situation but it can be basically boils down to the fact that Colin made a joke in poor taste. Which cost of politically correct people of the gaming industry to attack him. The joke was just a gateway to attack him because they really just didn't like the fact that he was politically conservative. Instead of being on Colin side, the rest of the guys from KF just kind of threw him under the bus using the excuse that it would hurt the company if they sided with him. Based on things that have been said by Colin and Greg after the fact, the real reason was because of creative differences on how they wanted the company to go. Colin wanted it to be a more serious thing with a little comedy on the side while Greg and the others wanted to be full comedy.

The whole joke situation was an avenue that was used to push Colin out of the company. About a year later Colin said he was more than willing to put things behind them and still be friends but Greg said no and basically to never talk to him again. In the end it really just made Greg look like the worst kind of friend who only looks out for himself. Colin was his best friend who stuck there with him through his cancer and everything and Greg decided to end there year long friendship over the fact that Colin is conservative in that he made a joke in poor taste. 

However, this is all just my view on how things happen based on what I found. Of the KF group, Colin was the only one I could stand so I'm more inclined to take Colin side in everything.
If you looking to it yourself you may reach a different conclusion on how things went down.

Ah. I knew about the joke. I personally thought it was a little tasteless but nothing to get upset over.

I heard the public line about differences of opinion but I never connected the dots because neither one of them (Greg or Colin) threw the other under the bus on air. Guess maybe it happened discreetly. I didnt realize that it had the affect it had on the company and their friendship. Wow. Thanks for the insight. 

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

It was a complicated situation, but it can be basically boiled down to the fact that Colin made a joke in poor taste. Which caused the politically correct people of the gaming industry to attack him. The joke was just a gateway to attack him because they really just didn't like the fact that he was politically conservative. Instead of being on Colin side, the rest of the guys from KF just kind of threw him under the bus using the excuse that it would hurt the company if they sided with him. Based on things that have been said by Colin and Greg after the fact, the real reason was because of creative differences on how they wanted the company to go. Colin wanted it to be a more serious thing with a little comedy on the side while Greg and the others wanted to be full comedy.

The whole joke situation was an avenue that was used to push Colin out of the company. About a year later Colin said he was more than willing to put things behind them and still be friends but Greg said no and basically to never talk to him again. In the end it really just made Greg look like the worst kind of friend who only looks out for himself. Colin was his best friend who stuck there with him through his cancer and everything and Greg decided to end there year long friendship over the fact that Colin is conservative and that he made a joke in poor taste. 

That about sums up what we know.

Colin and Greg won't talk about it. 

As far as the joke it wasn't imo even in bad taste. It's just a joke. His gf Erin was even showed it before he tweeted it, she didn't have a problem with "ahh a day without women, silence" or something like that. Clearly a joke to anyone who has a few brain cells by just reading it. 

When comedy gets attacked that's the beginning of the end. 

So ya people in the gaming industry and kf just used it as an excuse to finally attack him. It's really sad, he was there for Greg during all those hard times. Gregs not the same person he was on beyond, they were legitimate close friends back then. 

Makes me sick what happened to Colin. 

But hey at least cls has been a huge hit and was making more $ than KF(and kf have to split it at the end). So he's doing good. 

I love the cls knockback series too, colins brother dagan is the man

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Wasn't there from the start but I listen to it every week now.

I used to listen to IGN's podcast Beyond with Colin and Greg. Became a regular listener a few months before they created their own company. Then I listened to all kinds of Kinda Funny podcasts. After the split, I went back and forth a bit, took breaks from both a couple of times. Since this year, I've been listening to Sacred Symbols weekly.

Good stuff. I like Chris and Dustin. They're not as knowledgeable about PlayStation's history, but it doesn't really matter. I like their sense of humour. 

The episodes are getting a bit too long though. What do you guys think about podcasts being 4 hours long? I know there are longer ones out there, but Sacred Symbols could've been perfect at 3 hours instead of 4. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Slava said:

The episodes are getting a bit too long though. What do you guys think about podcasts being 4 hours long? I know there are longer ones out there, but Sacred Symbols could've been perfect at 3 hours instead of 4. 

Personally, I like that the episodes are usually around the 4 hour mark these days. Occasionally, I'll watch the whole episode in one go if I'm doing a big grind in a game or something since podcasts are great for stuff like that, but more often than not I end up spacing it out throughout the week. So I'll put it on for around 30 mins or so each day while I'm eating or whatever else and I end up finishing the episode like a day or two before the next episode drops which is perfect for me. I also adjust the playback speed on the YouTube video to speed it up a little bit. I usually go for 1.1x speed, so it doesn't shave that much time off, but I believe @Redgrave watches the podcast at 1.25x (or was it 1.5x?) speed since the length is more of a concern for him. Maybe you could give that a try.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Slava said:

Wasn't there from the start but I listen to it every week now.

I used to listen to IGN's podcast Beyond with Colin and Greg. Became a regular listener a few months before they created their own company. Then I listened to all kinds of Kinda Funny podcasts. After the split, I went back and forth a bit, took breaks from both a couple of times. Since this year, I've been listening to Sacred Symbols weekly.

Good stuff. I like Chris and Dustin. They're not as knowledgeable about PlayStation's history, but it doesn't really matter. I like their sense of humour. 

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Personally, I like that the episodes are usually around the 4 hour mark these days. Occasionally, I'll watch the whole episode in one go if I'm doing a big grind in a game or something since podcasts are great for stuff like that, but more often than not I end up spacing it out throughout the week. So I'll put it on for around 30 mins or so each day while I'm eating or whatever else and I end up finishing the episode like a day or two before the next episode drops which is perfect for me. I also adjust the playback speed on the YouTube video to speed it up a little bit. I usually go for 1.1x speed, so it doesn't shave that much time off, but I believe @Redgrave watches the podcast at 1.25x (or was it 1.5x?) speed since the length is more of a concern for him. Maybe you could give that a try.

Yeah I will watch it at 1.5x speed and I can understand what they say just fine. It definitely helps for me that way I'm not stuck on a single episode for too long.

• Like 2