Best Suggestion for VITA Plats on the Bus Please

I have 90 minutes to kill a day on the bus to and from work, and I like to work towards a plat when I can. The last few for me have been dungeon crawlers as I find them ideal, no strong atmosphere or narrative and not reflex based combat, plus any grind is easier in these short bursts.

I've finished Criminal Girls 1 & 2 (kept the mini games for home) and, most recently Dungeon Travellers 2, and I was wondering if anyone else had any suitable games for my next. 

I should note I'm not a big fan of Visual Novel type games. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I would suggest Tetris or Lumines, but neither have a plat. As long as you don't mind, both are amazing on the Vita.

Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango are also awesome on the vita and both have plats. I do believe you can save at any time on both. 

I keep remembering games. Legends of War Patton was actually really good as well. Easy plat yet fun turn based game.

Edited by Phil

36 Fragments of Midnight

Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Assassin's Creed III Liberation

Dying: Reborn

Energy Balance

Energy Cycle

Energy Invasion

Gem Smashers

GRAVITY RUSH

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

InkSplosion

Killzone Mercenary

Lara Croft GO

Metropolis: Lux Obscura

Midnight Deluxe

MOTORSTORM RC

PlayStation Vita Pets

Resistance: Burning Skies

Semispheres

Severed

Sound Shapes

Tearaway

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13

VOLUME

Wheels of Aurelia

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I would suggest Tetris or Lumines, but neither have a plat. As long as you don't mind, both are amazing on the Vita.

Kind of Tetris'd out in the 90s, but you did remind me of classics like packman. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

12 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Sound Shapes

Final Horizon

LEGO Games

Sly Cooper Games

Oh yeah, I have Sound Shapes but tried it for 20 minutes on PS3 (I think) and got bored. Might get more into it on the bus. Not really into lego games, got 4 with my vita and gave them away. Sly isn't really a bus game for me. I'll check out the other now. 

9 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

36 Fragments of Midnight

Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Assassin's Creed III Liberation

Dying: Reborn

Energy Balance

Energy Cycle

Energy Invasion

Gem Smashers

GRAVITY RUSH

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

InkSplosion

Killzone Mercenary

Lara Croft GO

Metropolis: Lux Obscura

Midnight Deluxe

MOTORSTORM RC

PlayStation Vita Pets

Resistance: Burning Skies

Semispheres

Severed

Sound Shapes

Tearaway

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13

VOLUME

Wheels of Aurelia

Wow, Erm, thanks... I'll have to go look those up. Some are on my list already and others I've already tried, but lots not. Thanks for the thoroughness 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Final Fantast X/X-2

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 

Ys Memories of Celceta

Persona 4 golden 

Tales of Hearts R

Ridge Racer

Asphalt Injection

I can name more.. And that's stuff that I actually Plat while on my short trips (had to change transport halfway), only exception is Tokyo Twilight that I Plat on my current long train trips (2 hours and half). 

Since Vita as the sleep mode, you can play almost anything if you can sit and play for 15+ minutes at a time.

2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I played Sky Force Anniversary in the last days and you can grind an hour or so every day until you got all trophies (no plat though), no story mode here...

Great game, played this when free on plus. Shame there's no plat. 

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Final Fantast X/X-2

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 

Ys Memories of Celceta

Persona 4 golden 

Tales of Hearts R

Ridge Racer

Asphalt Injection

I can name more.. And that's stuff that I actually Plat while on my short trips (had to change transport halfway), only exception is Tokyo Twilight that I Plat on my current long train trips (2 hours and half). 

Since Vita as the sleep mode, you can play almost anything if you can sit and play for 15+ minutes at a time.

Great games. Got the P4 plat but I couldn't imagine getting into it on a bus. More other Jrpgs, and certainly not racing games. Great taste in games though! I might suggest to you World of Final Fantasy, the Trails games, caligula and Tokyo Xanadu

10 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Great game, played this when free on plus. Shame there's no plat. 

Great games. Got the P4 plat but I couldn't imagine getting into it on a bus. More other Jrpgs, and certainly not racing games. Great taste in games though! I might suggest to you World of Final Fantasy, the Trails games, caligula and Tokyo Xanadu

I actually have World of FF Plat (played on ps4), recently started Caligula Effect on Vita (it's my long trip game nowadays), and I have the 1st trails game on my backlog (always wanted to try that series, but to much to play and to little time..), as for Tokyo Xanadu, I'm waiting for it to get really cheap. 

On top of my head I don't remember what other games I played while on transports other then BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Mind Zero and Muramasa Rebirth). 

I focus on RPGs, but have a somewhat soft spot for racing and fighting, so most of my suggestions would be in one of those 3 types of games.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Here is a list of vita games I platted or got 100% exclusively by playing on my hour commute to work every day:

Danganronpa 1, 2 and v3

Volume

Hitman GO

Wipeout 2048

The Bit Trip

Motorstorm RC

Dokuro

LBP Vita

Undertale

Zero Time Dillema 

Velocity 2X

Hotline Miami 2

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Zombie Tycoon 2

Broken Age

I am currently working on Cosmic Star Heroine which is also a great commute game :)

Edited by DoucetDudes

10 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

Here is a list of vita games I platted or got 100% exclusively by playing on my hour commute to work every day:

Danganronpa 1, 2 and v3

Volume

Hitman GO

Wipeout 2048

The Bit Trip

Motorstorm RC

Dokuro

LBP Vita

Undertale

Zero Time Dillema 

Velocity 2X

Hotline Miami 2

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Zombie Tycoon 2

Broken Age

I am currently working on Cosmic Star Heroine which is also a great commute game :)

WipEout 2048 on the bus! I try to avoid racers and other such games requiring extreme precision. Thanks for the list. 

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Thanks. Hungry Horde looks good, I've added it to my wishlist so I don't forget. I understand Volume is a stealth game and I'm not big in to those. 

Volume is a puzzle game like the “GO” games Hitman and Tomb Raider. 

From the suggestions above I can agree with Sound Shapes (love/hate, mostly hate) and Final Horizon (how did i forget this?) as games that are good for the bus as they have short sessions. 

BitTrip and Velocity 2x are good too but i found them too difficult to plat personally. Lots of concentration needed and BitTrip is motion controlled. 

Finally, Neon Chrome and Tiny Troopers are decent twin stick games but as mentioned don’t have a platinum.

Just now, thefourfoldroot said:

WipEout 2048 on the bus! I try to avoid racers and other such games requiring extreme precision. Thanks for the list. 

Yeah I definitely would not recommend that one nowadays due to the server closer ;) I had lots of fun with it but then again, I love arcade racers.

27 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

Yeah I definitely would not recommend that one nowadays due to the server closer ;) I had lots of fun with it but then again, I love arcade racers.

I should perhaps have specified that I avoid them on the bus lol. Great game, I own omega, but I'm waiting until I can play in VR. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I actually have World of FF Plat (played on ps4), recently started Caligula Effect on Vita (it's my long trip game nowadays), and I have the 1st trails game on my backlog (always wanted to try that series, but to much to play and to little time..), as for Tokyo Xanadu, I'm waiting for it to get really cheap. 

On top of my head I don't remember what other games I played while on transports other then BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Mind Zero and Muramasa Rebirth). 

I focus on RPGs, but have a somewhat soft spot for racing and fighting, so most of my suggestions would be in one of those 3 types of games.. 

Tokyo Xanadu is currently 50% off on the PS plus sale, but it's still £28 which I'll only pay for a physicalbcopy

4 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Tokyo Xanadu is currently 50% off on the PS plus sale, but it's still £28 which I'll only pay for a physicalbcopy

Ya, that's why I said that I was waiting for it to get really cheap (along a few other games, since I'm spending to much in collector editions, and I'm pondering DQ11, KH3 and Takes of Vesperia.. But I mainly collect steelbooks, so, Deluxe Editions may be enough..). Still mad that NISA Europe took my money so fast for Disgaea 1 Complete Rosen Queen's Finest edition.. Wasn't expecting to pay for that this soon. 

Still, going to buy Fairy Fancer F, since it's so cheap and I can't find a copy of it that easily.. 

If you want enjoy your travel on the bus without preocupations (guides, check trophies list etc) I suggest:

- Senran Kagura

- MegaTagmension Neptunia

- Persona 4 dancing all night

Now, games you need check stuff on internet or use a guide:

- Persona 4

- Atelier plus (any)

- Miku hatsune project diva f and f2

- The hyperdimension neptunia games also is a good choice.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:11 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Not really into lego games, got 4 with my vita and gave them away.

Yeah, I sort of agree with you. I've been working towards four LEGO game platinums on my PS4, just got one and drawing too much time out trying to get the others because of all the collectibles. If there any way to cure your obsession with collectibles, these games are a start. :(

I played Adventures of Mana and it's a pretty decent game, not too much story and a decent enough grind.